This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
In Magadan, a monument to Saint Innocent Moscow, an enlightener of the Kolyma land, was delivered
The monument to St. Innocent of Moscow, an enlightener of the Kolyma land, was brought to Magadan. According to the press service of the Magadan and Sinegorsk diocese, with the help of special equipment, it was delivered to the central square of the Kolyma capital, where preparatory work is currently underway to install the pedestal.
The author of the composition is a Moscow sculptor Andrei Pliev. The height of the bronze monument is five meters. Together with the pedestal, the height of the composition will be about eight meters.
Saint Innokenty, Metropolitan of Moscow (in the world Ivan Evseevich Popov-Veniaminov), was born on August 26, 1797 in the village of Anginsky, Irkutsk Region. After graduating from the seminary, he was ordained in 1821 - a priest, and in 1823, by the decree of the Holy Synod, he was sent not to carry out missionary service in the Far East and the Aleutian Islands.
During 45 years (1823-1868) of his service to the education of the peoples of Kolyma, Kamchatka, Yakutia, Khabarovsk Territory, Aleutian Islands, North America, St. Innokenty baptized tens of thousands of people, built temples, founded schools, taught local indigenous people various crafts art.
In 1868, he was elected Metropolitan of Moscow, Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church. Being Metropolitan of Moscow, St. Innocent put a lot of work on improving the life of the peoples of the north, improving teaching, easing the needs of the clergy, charity. Иm was established Orthodox Missionary Society.