Irkutsk
Ulan-Ude

Blagoveshchensk
Chita
Yakutsk

Birobidzhan
Vladivostok
Khabarovsk

Magadan
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Anadyr
Petropavlovsk-
Kamchatsky
Moscow

This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.

STSI will get the right to cancel inspection

STSI will get the right to cancel inspection
Photo: pixabay.com

Traffic police inspectors will have the right to cancel the driver’s diagnostic cards if they find out that the car did not actually pass the inspection. The relevant changes to the regulations were prepared by the Ministry of Transport of Russia. 

Officials will be required to transmit information to insurance companies and decide on the prosecution of the maintenance operator. As reported Kommersant, the developed document will enter into force on July 8, 2020, together with the new law on inspection. 

Now, in reality, about 20% of drivers undergo this procedure, the remaining 80% buy the opinion of specialists. According to the new regulations, during the maintenance, the operator will be required to take three photos - before, during and after the inspection procedure, and transfer them to the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

What to do insurance companies in the event of a fictitious inspection, the new rules are not spelled out. By law, they can not terminate the CTP agreement unilaterally. The only thing the insurer can do is go to court to terminate the contract, but for these cases a separate procedure needs to be introduced.

September 17: current information on coronavirus in the Far East
Digest of regional events and latest statistics