Irkutsk
Ulan-Ude

Blagoveshchensk
Chita
Yakutsk

Birobidzhan
Vladivostok
Khabarovsk

Magadan
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Anadyr
Petropavlovsk-
Kamchatsky
Moscow

This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.

Students had to be evacuated due to a fire in a dormitory on Sakhalin

Students had to be evacuated due to a fire in a dormitory on Sakhalin
Photo: press service of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation for the Sakhalin Region

The fire broke out in the dormitory of the Polytechnic College of Sakhalin State University (SakhSU) in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Rescuers took 30 people out of the smoky premises.

As EastRussia was informed in the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Sakhalin Region, the fire occurred on Thursday morning. When the first unit arrived at the scene, smoke was coming from a window on the fourth floor. It spread quickly and rescuers evacuated students and staff. According to preliminary information, the fire occurred due to a short circuit, its area was approximately two square meters. Nobody was hurt as a result of the fire.

Previously, Sakhalin State University has already got into alarming reports because of the death of two students from an electric shock. Their March 26 found dead  in dorm. According to other trainees, the water and the hose from the water heater had been electrocuted for a long time. Two criminal cases were initiated into the death of young people - one against the head of SakhSU about causing death by negligence, and the second - for the provision of services that do not meet safety requirements life of consumers, resulting in the death of two or more persons.

June 17: current information on coronavirus in the Far East
Digest of regional events and latest statistics