Irkutsk
Ulan-Ude

Blagoveshchensk
Chita
Yakutsk

Birobidzhan
Vladivostok
Khabarovsk

Magadan
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Anadyr
Petropavlovsk-
Kamchatsky
Moscow

This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.

Avrora Airlines continues to increase passenger traffic

The Federal Air Transport Agency notes in the first quarter of 2014 a slowdown in the growth of air traffic in Russia and a drop in the percentage of seat occupancy, one of the main indicators of the economic efficiency of transportation. At the same time, in the Aeroflot group, growth in both passenger traffic (almost 4 times) and seat occupancy (plus 18 percentage points) was shown only by the Avrora airline (Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk), created on the basis of the Sakhalin Aviatrassy airlines. and Vladivostok Air.

Aurora Airlines added its fifth A319 airliner last week. With the receipt of the new aircraft, the fleet of the Far Eastern air carrier includes 5 of the same type A319, in addition, the airline operates Boeing-737 and DHC-8 aircraft. By the end of this year, Aurora plans to increase the number of A319s in its fleet to seven units. It is planned that Aurora will increase the number of flights to 2018 by 534, and the number of destinations to 128.

The controlling stake in Aurora in the amount of 51% is held by Aeroflot, the remaining 49% were transferred to the ownership of the Sakhalin Region. In 2012 Aeroflot decided to merge the Vladivostok Air and Sakhalin Air Routes (SAT) controlled by it into a single Far Eastern carrier. The shares of OJSC Vladivostok Avia were transferred to SAT, which in October 2013 was renamed into OJSC Avrora Airlines.

April 19: current information on coronavirus in the Far East
Digest of regional events and latest statistics