This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Here you can be useful and in demand"
Director for Development of the "Capoeira Federation of Vladivostok" Daria Savina on why the Brazilian martial art is popular in Primorye
In the “Federation of Capoeira Vladivostok” about 200 students, this school is one of the largest and most famous in the region. Eight years ago, Albert Ten, its head, after attending several seminars with Brazilian instructors organized by the Vladivostok Capoeira Academy (representative of INBI Moscow Ethnic Club), decided to delve into the martial art and begin to actively develop this area in Vladivostok. He scored the first adult training group on capoeira in 2009. In 2011, his future wife, Darya Savina, joined him. Now she is an instructor and development director at the Federation of Vladivostok Capoeira. She told EastRussia for the project “Unforgiven” why the spouses did not want to live in Brazil in order to do what they loved.
"People come to capoeira in different ways: one is interested in the physical aspect of development, strikes, acrobatics, and others want to plunge into the world of authentic Brazilian music," Daria says. - We have many different directions that can be combined within one school: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, African dances, samba, music lessons.
"School of Capoeira" educates the coaching staff. The instructors who work now grew out of the students. This gives a good impetus to self-improvement: when a student begins to teach, he revises his technique.
Classes with young children begin with general physical training, endurance and stretching exercises, gradually they are added to the elements of capoeira. The task of the School is to raise the students strong, strong, enduring, flexible, develop a sense of rhythm and a sense of pace.
- We teach our athletes not just to wave their legs and jump. Our mission is to build a base suitable for any kind of sports activity. We strive to ensure that students become stronger not only with the body, but also with the spirit, bring the work to the end, do not lose their motivation and interest, engage in self-development in different planes, ”explains Daria. - In our School there are three adult groups and 15 for children, in which guys from 4 have been studying. We love to teach children, capoeira helps them to fully develop. If a child “falls ill” with Brazilian art, he stays with us for a long time, grows up into a strong, beautiful capoeirist who moves well and shows himself worthily at festivals.
Once a year, the Federation of Capoeira Vladivostok holds a large Far Eastern festival, which is attended by capoeiristas from small coastal cities and from Khabarovsk. Famous Brazilian artists are invited as honored guests.
Over the years, Albert and Daria have repeatedly visited professional master classes and seminars in Moscow, several times were in Brazil, where they received special training.
"It's far and expensive to go, but such trips contribute to further development, because to feel the Brazilian culture, to really fill it, it is possible only in the country where it was born," Daria explains. "This year, Albert and I were in Brazil for two months, friends and friends asked if we were going to stay there permanently. Yes, Brazil is beautiful - you can walk down the street and meet a famous master, it's amazing, and you have to go for it if you are doing capoeira seriously. But absolutely there is no sense to move. Having exchanged experience, having received new knowledge, you need to realize yourself. We in Vladivostok have all the conditions to be useful and in demand. I was born here, this is a city where beautiful people live, who are open to everything new, are not afraid to experiment. Among the parents of our students there are a lot of those who help us in many ways, both advice and deed. In Vladivostok, I feel at home.
Like any Far East, Daria loves the sea, beautiful Vladivostok August and an unforgettable September. Last year, she and her husband mastered one of the types of water tourism - kayaking.
- In Primorsky Krai amazing nature! No photos will convey how beautiful the vast expanses of the ocean. We sailed into the wild bays, admiring the rocks, swimming seals and cormorants. Not yet reached the reserves, but we are already planning, - says Daria.
One of the problems of Vladivostok, according to Darya, is bad roads and dirty air.
- I would like to have a kind of "environmental police", which would have fined cars that pollute the air. We live close to Japan, and it’s normal that there are a lot of cars in the city, the problem is not in quantity, but in the fact that many of them are in poor condition, the bus fleet is especially terrible. We have the sea air and the wind, but gas pollution while horrible. There are also not enough good roads, not only drivers, but also pedestrians suffer from it. Not everywhere there are sidewalks, people are forced to walk on the side of the roadway.
An important problem is the lack of proper financing and development of sports.
- I, as an athlete, want the city authorities to invest money in building, equipment and support of sports facilities, which are so necessary for city residents. We have few sports facilities, practically no swimming pools, skating rinks, and no gymnasiums available for those who want to learn something on their own, without being a member of the CYSS team.
According to Darya, Vladivostok is a developed city, which is not far behind Moscow and St. Petersburg. But the problem lies in its availability for many Russians.
- When you come to Vladivostok, you feel only the physical remoteness of the city, but it is difficult to call the city “provincial outback”. The problem of remoteness of the region - in expensive air tickets. In summer, the price of round-trip tickets reaches 70 thousand rubles, and the cheapest flight of the year costs 22 thousand rubles, for the average person it is a rather big price.