This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Earnings, potential - everything is there. Looking for people »
And about. the head of the Kurile urban district Vadim Rokotov about life in the Kurils
Vadim Rokotov worked for a long time in the administration of Sakhalin, where he was responsible for the development of international relations and external relations, then he headed the department of affairs of the governor and the government, and managed to work as a director of the city park of culture and recreation in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. On the island of Iturup, the new Io. the chapter has found the developed industry, but the infrastructure lagging behind it. What is needed is that the "settlements of fishermen, hunters and berry-eaters" gradually turn into modern settlements, Vadim Rokotov explained to EastRussia.
- Significant scientific and technical progress has come to the middle Kuriles. It is obvious. A good, knowledge-intensive, modern industrial base has been created here: fish processing plants, associated production. Such companies as Gidrostroy, Kuril Fisherman, Kontinet and others successfully work. Large amounts of development have the military. The presence of such, in a good sense, "aggressive" environment causes increased requirements for the presence on the island of a modern industrial, urban infrastructure, environment, and a modern, high human resource potential. The whole Iturup is a small district center Kurilsk, the village of Reidovo fishermen and several other settlements.
Today we see that new modern plants and high-tech industries require modern, well-trained personnel. The local population does not always correspond to such a request. This mainly applies to engineering and technical personnel. And then we see the "multiplicative effect in the opposite direction." Need engineers, they need to bring. Engineers have educated wives, they need a modern service industry, modern housing. For their children need normal educational and cultural institutions. The sphere of life, leisure, training, transport infrastructure - these are the needs that have drawn the creation of modern industries.
- And nevertheless, if we compare Kurilsk of the early 2000s and today, what has changed?
- If we compare, then, of course, there are changes. Thanks to the federal program for the development of the Kuriles, thanks to the federal and regional authorities, personally to the President of Russia. Famous people, leaders of the country and the region constantly came to Iturup, they were constantly interested in the situation, each made a significant contribution. Kuril residents remember this and are grateful. In fact, a lot has been done. From an ordinary seaside village with wooden houses and dusty streets, the city of Kurilsk and adjacent villages have turned into fairly modern settlements, in which a person sees a response to modern challenges. Today in Kurilsk, houses have facades made of modern materials, everywhere there is street lighting, a modern sports and cultural center with a cinema, a gym, a swimming pool has been built. Many robust earthquake-resistant buildings. At first glance, everything is fine. But as life shows, all this is not enough.
- What is missing?
- Industrial enterprises have been built, there is a great potential for their development. New workshops will be built, port infrastructure will be improved, and cargo will be delivered. New engineering staff will be required. In 2018, we are expecting fiber optic cable. Finally, a good internet will appear. We know how fast IT technologies are developing, and we will need appropriate specialists. New structures and firms will appear. What do we have today? One steamer for communication with Sakhalin. He walks, say, not often. A small number of cargo-passenger ships for communication with Vladivostok.
Thank God, a modern airport has been built. This is the joy and pride of the people of Kuril. But he is still dependent on weather conditions. Strong winds and blizzards are frequent in the Kurils. This means that there is a need for long-term and large volumes of cargo delivery. We need large warehouse terminals. And this, again, is specialists, computer technologies and mechanisms. All the infrastructure that we see in the largest ports of the mainland of Russia is waiting in the wings, it is needed here, on Iturup, and we can clearly see it. And therefore, of course, further development is necessary in accordance with the modern vision and direction, qualitative changes in people in the professional and cultural terms. Kurilsk is no longer yesterday's city of fishermen, berry farmers and hunters. There are already a large number of cultured and educated people here.
- For some, it will seem surprising that until quite recently there was not a kilometer of paved roads on all the Kuriles. How are things now? What are the plans?
- Yes, asphalt appeared. This is a great pride and joy of the people of Kuril. Although those who came to Iturup one and a half to two years ago cannot understand this joy. For them, asphalt is natural. Today the village of Reidovo generally looks European. Curbs, sidewalks, street lighting, bus stops - 6-7 years ago it was simply unthinkable to imagine. Bamboo and dust from passing cars settled on it - this was the picture. Asphalting, of course, needs to be extended to the most remote villages. Asphalt helps to break up the territory, to allocate areas for some new industrial innovative industries, retail outlets. There are plans for the construction of greenhouses, the places have already been allocated. But they, again, need entrances, storage areas for materials, stable communications.
- What about the energy on the island?
- Energy is not poorly developed here. It is expensive, of course. All fuel must be delivered. But the energy itself, its structure is advanced. Modern generating capacities, networks, companies that operate these networks. But there are not enough engineers and specialists. They could have been brought, but an urgent need to develop the housing market, all forms of ownership - social, commercial hiring. We need to develop mortgage programs.
- And what changes await the regional center?
- Now we are adopting a master plan for the development of the city, which will clearly define the zones of housing construction, trade, consumer services, and so on. Kurilsk needs to be developed as a full-fledged city. After all, today he does not even have a central city square! There is no normal home life, no good registry office, no normal courthouse. But these buildings and institutions are the main features that speak of a settlement as a city. Sadly, there is no competition among ISPs.
Therefore, the main thing I see in the creation of a modern urban environment, industrial, cultural and scientific facilities. This includes everything: roads, energy and infrastructure networks, the Internet, modern schools, consumer service companies, car services, car washing. There are many cars here, very different, but there is not one normal car service. There is not a single good car wash. Asphalt is already there, but there are no car washes. Delivery of goods is difficult. Although in normal weather it is possible to fly to Xuzhno-Sakhalinsk within 50 minutes, the plane flies 5 days a week. It's amazing today: you can have breakfast, get on an airplane in 11 hours, and at lunch halfway through lunchtime somewhere in "City Molle" of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk with friends and acquaintances.
- Yes, before, I remember, the Burevestnik military airport worked just over 60 days a year. And before him it was still necessary to drive 1,5 hours off-road and ocean tide ...
- Quite right! The commissioning of a new modern airport has accelerated communication so much that it is simply incomprehensible to the mind. For me, as a person who has traveled to the Kuril Islands for many years, this was a great and pleasant culture shock. And people have become more mobile. They see the range and quality of services in the city of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Of course, we have not yet reached this point, but we hope that someday Kuril residents will fly to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to do their hair and buy gifts for children.
- What are you going to build in the near future?
- We need a good registry office, we need an area with a fountain, we need a lot. We will build all this. Today, entrepreneurs address me directly and say: “We need you, as an executive power, to equip cities and villages on Iturup. comfortable living conditions. And for those who wish to stay here, it is necessary to create conditions for the purchase of rented housing or the purchase of apartments in new buildings. " Fortunately, earnings in the Kuril Islands are normal. Today, entrepreneurs are interested in not having seasonal workers, but specialists who love their work and their enterprise. People are permanent. Those who go to work in a good mood know that they have a well-organized life at home, that their children go to a good school, and after classes go to a modern gym or swimming pool.
But today the Kuril schools do not meet modern requirements. They all have heavy wear. We constantly solve some emergency problems. That pipe will burst, it blows somewhere. At two schools in general there are no stadiums, and this is a violation of modern requirements. The birth rate is growing, the number of children has increased, and the classes are small and close. In Reidovo school teachers do not even have a teaching staff! Teachers donated their teacher's room and made a class in it, while they themselves are preparing for the lessons, sitting at a table by the window in the corridor. These are the teachers. They need to put a monument! So schools should be built as soon as possible.
Or here is an example. The village of Reidovo became simply remarkable, changed radically. But not all. One half is asphalted, there is good street lighting, beautiful fences near houses. And the second half is unpaved, dust flies. People are unhappy. It seems that even as a kind of social inequality is demonstrated in this way, a social split appears. This, of course, must be corrected. The whole village should be upgraded to a modern look and landscaped. The benefit from the fish industry in the district budget is stable, and we are proud of it. Although we are still a subsidized area. All our advantages are eaten remoteness and high prices for everything. The transport component eats everything. Now winter, and the problem with the delivery of containers. Problems are experienced by stores and so on.
- How is demography changing?
- There is a small growth. Here, in all regions of the Far East, there has been a decrease, but we have growth. But this is most likely due to people who come to long-term work. In the spring-autumn period, that is, during the preparation and course of fishing season, when construction is intensified, fish processing plants enter an active phase, the population of the region generally doubles. They come as families! They seem to come for a while, to work, to make money. And then they get used to it, they like it here. And they remain forever. Actually, 70 percent of Kuril residents were formed this way. I met people from the Moscow region, Altai, Irkutsk, Odessa ... All geography is presented. There is clean air, beauty, the rhythm of life is calm. These people often even have housing on the mainland, there is where to return. But year after year goes by, and they don't go anywhere.
- I have heard that many of those who left for the mainland return to the Kuril Islands after some time. This is true?
- There are a lot of such examples. People return at the call of the heart, which are called. They leave, settle down on the mainland or on Sakhalin, but still they are drawn to the Kuril Islands. They can't fit in there and get used to it. Come back, yes.
- How are things going with personnel?
- This is a sore point. One of the main ones. Kurilsk is in dire need of qualified specialists: engineers, doctors, teachers, technologists, managers. There are very few good electricians, qualified street workers, road workers. They are here, of course, but they are all snapped up.
- There is a lot of talk about the need to develop tourism in the Far East and on Sakhalin and the Kuriles in particular. Do you have the conditions for this? Is there an economic opportunity?
- There is. The potential of nature is stunning: thermal waters, volcanoes, ocean and sea coasts, the opportunity to swim in the Sea of Okhotsk in September, gorgeous fishing, you can see the remains of ancient Ai settlements, and observe the life of bears up close. Much has already been done. The company "Gidrostoy" has opened an excellent tourism division. Tourists can be found here in large numbers and from everywhere. From all over Russia, Israel, Poland, China and other countries. Sakhalin residents come to the Kuriles with pleasure! The main disadvantage is the lack of hotels. The logistics are complex. It is difficult to accurately calculate the boat trip. He rarely walks and with irregularities in the schedule. Although the planes now fly normally. During the peak season, there are also two flights a day. And this is a big plus. But it happens that strong winds blow for two days, and the regularity of flights is disrupted. Although the airline "Aurora" then makes up for it: makes four flights a day, and people are taken out. The phenomenon, when people could not escape from the Kuril Islands for weeks, has sunk into oblivion. The airport is beautiful and modern. Located 10 minutes drive from the city on asphalt. Even if a person is afraid of extreme tourism, going out to sea for a huge halibut, he is afraid of the proximity of bears or the mouth of a volcano, then for 4-5 days he will find something to do in Kurilsk. Thermal springs within walking distance, clean air, nature, ocean and gorgeous views - right from the window, you don't need to go anywhere. Therefore, tourism certainly has a future.
- Are you already building plans to enter the Kuril ASEZ?
- We look forward to expanding the types of activities within this TOP. Now there is only Shikotan island with its fish processing plants. If there were added activities such as tourism and balneology, I would be very happy. We have plans to continue the development of thermal springs, a change in the structure of these places. Remote sources and dirt should be improved access, life will be established: locker rooms, warm rooms for recreation, hanging out during the day, a lot of things we will do. In balneological tourism, if all this is done, a chic future. We can compete with other mud and thermal spas. I look at it with great optimism. I myself try to visit the sources on weekends, to find an hour for this. I like it very much, I feel good for myself. I feel myself after the sources just fine. Chilled for the whole week!