This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
To consolidate the received result
JSC "NMRP" is increasing production indicators at an accelerated pace
JSC "Nakhodka Sea Fishing Port" is one of the largest stevedoring companies in the Russian Far East, part of the DVTG holding. The general director of the enterprise Viktor Gusev told EastRussia about the performance indicators of the "pandemic" year at the end of one of the main Far Eastern ports.
- Viktor Grigorievich, what are the indicators of the port at the end of 2020, did you manage to fulfill the planned goals for the development of the enterprise?
- Our company is included in the list of socially significant enterprises of the Primorsky Territory, and we believe that we have managed to fulfill the main task - to keep the team of workers in the face of new challenges (pandemic, etc.), as well as to fulfill social obligations to increase the number of working workers. Currently, the company employs 300 workers of various categories, in order to train qualified personnel, an educational plant has been opened - a license for vocational training in certain professions has been obtained.
The company has a program for the reconstruction of the port, which includes an increase in transshipment capacities, the construction of a refrigeration complex with a capacity of six thousand tons. The foundation of the refrigerator has already been erected, preparations are underway for the installation of metal structures.
In total, about 700 million rubles have been spent on modernization and renewal of fixed assets as of the current date. The production program of the enterprise is carried out exclusively at its own expense. Its implementation has a positive effect on the main activities of the NMRP.
Good production performance was achieved at the end of 2020. So for 11 months of this year, the port's cargo turnover amounted to 1 tons, which is 142% higher than the same period in 447.
- How did you manage to increase the port's cargo turnover figures?
- We can say that high production indicators were achieved due to changes in technology, which, in turn, became possible due to the implementation of the port reconstruction project. The renewal of equipment and the arrangement of new transshipment sites made it possible to more efficiently use the existing port capacities and achieve the current indicators in terms of the volume of cargo turnover.
Not only our port is increasing its capacity, most of the Far East ports are investing in their development, new ports and sea terminals are being built ..
But there is a problem that hinders the development of port infrastructure - the limited carrying capacity of Russian Railways. Already today, Russian Railways does not have the technical ability to fully meet the needs of ports, and the deficit in carrying capacity is growing every day.
Obviously, due to the geographical features of Russia, the main driver of the development of the economy of the Far East, including the Far East ports, is the advanced development of Russian Railways. We believe that this fact should be emphasized at any opportunity, this is important! The state should pay special attention to the Eastern range of Russian Railways. Without the accelerated development of the railway, all projects for the advanced development of the Far East may remain projects.
- According to the SeaNews portal, in June this year, for the first time, at least in the last three years, the share of cargo turnover of the Far Eastern ports in the total cargo turnover of all seaports of the Russian Federation was 31%. Can we say that the loading of the NMRP confirms this result, what can explain the leadership of the Far Eastern ports?
- The share of Far Eastern ports in the total loading of ports of the Russian Federation is growing, and this is natural, since the economies of the Asia-Pacific countries are developing most dynamically and the cargo turnover of Far Eastern ports is simply bound to increase. Our eastern neighbor, China, has managed to prevent a decline in GDP even in the context of a pandemic, which has a positive effect on the congestion of Primorye ports.
It should be noted that 87% of the volume of the ports of the Far Eastern basin is energy cargo - coal, coke, oil, but JSC NMRP fundamentally does not overload, in particular, coal, in order to prevent dusting and not aggravate the already difficult ecological situation in Nakhodka.- How did the situation with the pandemic affect the port's work?
- Significantly complicated production activities. Recommended and mandatory restrictions have been introduced and strictly implemented - on the procedure for moving to a restricted-access zone for individuals, vehicles, mask regime, sanitization, mandatory regular medical examination, limited admission of crew members to the coastline.
Of course, the pandemic also affected our business partners, which leads to objective delays in fulfilling contractual obligations, delivery times, and ultimately negatively affects the entire production process.
- What are your plans for investments and priority areas of work for the next year?
- JSC "NMRP" is constantly looking for business partners and potential investors - it's no secret that the timely implementation of the enterprise reconstruction project largely depends on attracted funding.
Unfortunately, today no investors have been found, and all work on the project is being carried out exclusively at its own expense. Nevertheless, despite the difficulties and external challenges (pandemic), we are systematically moving towards our goal of modernizing the enterprise and increasing volumes.
In the near future, it is planned to continue updating the handling equipment, to complete the construction of the refrigeration complex, to put it into operation, to consolidate the obtained production result of the current year.