This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
The ships came in
The Far East is discussing the development of cruise tourism
Early in the morning 7 August, the ocean superliner MSC Splendida entered Vladivostok, able to accommodate more than 4 thousand people. While it remains the largest cruise ship that visited the seaside capital. But already in 2019 year, after completion of the reconstruction of the quay walls, Vladivostok will be able to take cruise ships with a capacity of more than five thousand people.
"About 3 million tourists are traveling on the lines of cruise tourism of the APR countries, and we are doing our best to attract some of this flow," says Konstantin Shestakov, director of the Primorsky Tourism Department. - We set forth real proposals for calls, bunkering conditions, port fees, described the advantages of the region, proposals for the excursion program, and sent information to the world's largest cruise companies. Some of them have already held direct negotiations, introduced our capabilities to Princess Cruises, MSC, Royal Caribbean, Costa, SkyCruise and others. "
Vice President for Global Business Development Royal Caribbean Jorge Delgado said during a visit to Vladivostok that his company is considering calling here for the next 20 years: "The Asian market is developing rapidly. The vessels that will enter Vladivostok will be followed from Shanghai via the ports of Japan. Vladivostok is very attractive for tourists as the only European city on this route. "
According to Valery Nagorny, General Director of the Vladivostok Marine Terminal, a memorandum on the creation of a professional network of cruise ports of the Sea of Japan is currently under negotiation.
- In order to systematically engage in the attraction of cruise operators, it is necessary to unite efforts and form route projects, which is difficult to do without the exchange of information on infrastructure, tourist facilities, pricing policy ... World practice knows successful examples of such associations, for example, in Europe. This indicates the transition of the cruise market to a higher quality level, - he said.
Last year, 15 cruise ships with 13 thousand passengers visited Primorye. There will be fewer airliners, but due to their greater capacity, the number of guests will grow. According to Nagorny, the technical capabilities of the Vladivostok terminal allow us to accept cruise ships on a daily basis. But in reality the next 2-3 year is the goal to increase the number of ships to 30, then to 50 per year.
MONEY IN INFRASTRUCTURE
The rate for the development of cruise tourism is also being made in Kamchatka. Previously, large liners got on a raid in Avacha Bay, and tourists were brought ashore by tenders. Introduced a year ago in operation, the passenger terminal withdrew the question. The head of the Territorial Agency for Tourism and External Relations Elena Stratonova adds that near the railway station three berthing facilities have been reconstructed and included at the border crossing point, and now Kamchatka can accept cruise ships up to 250 meters in length. This year 10 liners are planned, in the future - 14. The authorities are negotiating with a number of tour operators of cruises and are working on the creation of a tourist infrastructure. The volume of investments in this direction in 2017 amounted to 2,5 billion rubles - 1,5 times more than in 2016.
The Sakhalin Region, another maritime region of the Far East, so far only announced its intention to build a sea port and carry out dredging operations in the port of Korsakov at a total cost of 1,9 billion rubles. In 2016, hydrological research was started there, but construction has not started yet. In 2017, eight foreign large cruise liners came to Korsakov, which brought more than 19 thousand tourists (15 percent more than in 2016 year). 70% of them are Japanese, not indifferent to the history of Sakhalin.
WHO IS PROFITABLE
- For the Kamchatka tourism industry, guests arriving on cruise ships are, in fact, an organized tourist flow. And an increase in the number of foreign travelers will give a load to our regional operators. According to their estimates, about 80% of cruise passengers spend on the shore from 4 to 20 thousand rubles per day. Kamchatka offers a unique tourist product in its composition - from city excursions to flights to volcanoes and bathing in hot springs, says Elena Stratonova.
In Vladivostok, the average traveler leaves in the region 6-7 thousand rubles - on excursions, food, souvenirs.
- Sightseeing tours, walks in the old town, temples and churches of different denominations are very popular. For 400 guests from the MSC Splendida liner, we arranged a tour of the Transsib section. We ordered two electric trains, after the trip we went to the automobile museum in Sadgorod, - said Elena Mamonova, director of the travel department of the A / S company, an operator for receiving cruise liners.
- Let's forget the myth that the cruise business does not bring money to the region, - Konstantin Shestakov calls. - He brings it. For example, MSC Splendida, according to experts, left approximately 20 million rubles in the province, while the state earned about 1,5 million rubles in fees at the call. But there could be more. What can help us? The main vector of our efforts is to focus on promoting the ports of the Far East of Russia as favorable cruise destinations on the world cruise market. Primorye, Kamchatka and Sakhalin are carrying out this work. We conduct field tours in the regions and conduct direct negotiations with global cruise companies and similar events at the federal level would significantly strengthen our positions.
Meanwhile, to replace the final federal target program "Development of domestic and incoming tourism" Rosturizm is preparing a new one, designed for 2019-2025 years. In it, including, as a priority, cruise tourism in the regions of the Far East will be defined.
CLOSE THE RING
Exceptional opportunities for the development of tourism in the macroregion have already become the basis for the interregional tourist project - the "Eastern Ring of Russia". Kamchatka and Primorye suggest using this federal initiative as a base for creating new cruise programs, focused primarily on the nearest neighbors from the APR. Routes of the restored Far Eastern cruise line in the summer can link Sakhalin, the coast of the Khabarovsk Territory, the Kuril Islands, Kamchatka and Hokkaido, in the winter - the ports of Asia, up to Singapore. The Primorsky Krai Administration together with the Government of the Sakhalin Region are working on the selection and purchase of a cruise ship.
Building up logistics, Valery Nagorny offers to consider everything in the complex.
- A big plus is the work carried out by Vladivostok International Airport to increase the number of lines. The development of airports on Sakhalin and Kamchatka is important. We need different schemes. For example, tourists can fly to Vladivostok, a network to the ship, get to Kamchatka and fly away from there. But for this it is necessary to analyze the route network and its dynamics of development in the regions. We need to do what is happening on the opposite shore of the Pacific Ocean, where the magnet is Alaska, which is operated by two major cruise ports - Vancouver and Seattle. In the list of our events, of course, there will be questions of shore service, development of the infrastructure of cruise ports. For example, the point where cruise ships will stop to "break" a long "transition from Sakhalin to Kamchatka must be created in the Kuriles. Our task is to create a product, and when the cruise companies see the market in this, they will definitely come, "he said.