This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Yuri Chaika: Khabarovsk Krai is one of the most investment-attractive regions of the Far East
Deputy Chairman of the Khabarovsk Krai Government, Minister of Investment and Land and Property Policy Yuri Chaika told about investment tools, projects and institutions of development of the East Russia editorial board
- Yuri Afanasyevich, tell me, what are the main results of the Khabarovsk Territory brought by the participation of its representatives in the recently held St. Petersburg International Economic Forum?
- In general, investment projects worth more than 1 trillion rubles were presented at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum. At the same time, special attention within the framework of the last forum was paid to the Far East region. Especially the territories of advanced development. The Khabarovsk Territory, whose delegation was headed by the regional governor Vyacheslav Shport, presented 8 investment projects of regional importance and medium scale in the framework of the forum for a total of 97,3 billion rubles. These projects are planned to be launched in the Khabarovsk territories of advanced development. Among the largest of them are the construction in the seaport of Vanino on the northern shore of the Muchke Bay of a transport and transshipment complex for transshipment of coal (Sakhatrans LLC, project budget - 30,6 billion rubles) and the Bypass of Khabarovsk city km 13 - km 42 "(government of the Khabarovsk Territory, 37,96 billion rubles). A number of investment proposals were also presented by the regional delegation at the forum. Among them is the modernization of the production complex of the Dalenergomash group of companies (Dalenergomash Group of Companies, 1,3 billion rubles).
On the sidelines of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, several important working meetings took place, at which the governor of the Khabarovsk Territory signed agreements with large business structures. For example, he signed an agreement with Russian Post on cooperation in the development of federal postal services in the Khabarovsk Territory. This agreement stipulates the interaction of the region and the enterprise in the development of federal postal services on its territory. One of the key projects stipulated in the agreement is the construction of a logistics center in Khabarovsk with a throughput capacity of more than 270 million postal items per year. Thanks to him, about 800 jobs will be created in the region, provided with high-tech equipment. Another agreement within the framework of the forum was signed by Vyacheslav Shport with Post Bank. The cooperation agreement signed with this company provides for interaction between the bank and the regional authorities in the development of modern banking technologies, increasing the share of non-cash payments in the regional economy, increasing the availability of banking services and financial literacy of the population of the Khabarovsk Territory. The importance of the document is that Pochta Bank may, in the future, cover the needs of the most remote districts and settlements of the region in banking services. First of all, in those 130 that today have no banking structure at all. Another agreement - on joint activities - was signed at the forum between the Government of the Khabarovsk Territory, the Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation and PJSC Rostelecom. The parties agreed to cooperate in the formation of an infocommunication infrastructure in the Khabarovsk Territory and providing Internet access for socially significant institutions in the region. In this context, it should be noted that this work is being carried out within the framework of the federal program to eliminate the digital divide. In the Khabarovsk Territory in 2016-2018, it is planned to install points of broadband Internet access in 56 settlements, where about 21 thousand people live.
At the same time, the pavilion of the Khabarovsk Territory was not present at the forum this year. But this is due solely to the decision of the regional authorities to focus on two more priority events for it: EXPO in Yekaterinburg and the Eastern Economic Forum. Due to the fact that the market of the Khabarovsk Territory is, to a greater extent, the East of Russia and the countries of the Asia-Pacific region, and most of the SPIEF business sites this year, as always, were focused on Europe.
- Yuri Afanasyevich, the Khabarovsk Territory today has a kind of unique experience - carrying out activities in two areas by one Ministry - the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy of the Khabarovsk Territory. How was the idea of creating such a ministry born and what can be said about its work now - what are its pros and cons?
- At one time, a committee was established in Khabarovsk Krai, specializing in investment activities. But in connection with the beginning of the implementation of an active policy in the development of the Far East in Russia, this committee began to address issues of the distribution of the TOR system to the territory of the Khabarovsk Territory. And, since the formation of TOP means first of all the solution of land and property issues, which requires the prompt provision and free possession of information on land resources, then already after 2-3 month of the committee's functioning, the idea to create an agency dealing not only with investment activities , but also land relations. Quite soon it was formalized in the proposal to the governor. Having examined it, the governor supported him.
It should be noted that, in addition to the development of the ASEZ, thanks to the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy, it is much more effective to work on the development of the island of Bolshoy Ussuriysky and the Port Special Economic Zone "Sovetskaya Gavan", which also provides for the solution of not only infrastructure issues, but also land, property and investment. It is more effective, in particular, because the Ministry, being engaged in both investment activities and land and property relations, allows solving many issues within the framework of several operational meetings. That is, much faster than before.
- In the Khabarovsk Territory, another event, no less important for the development of investment activity in the region, has also recently taken place - a new version of the land code was introduced, in particular, providing for the investor's right to receive a land plot for the implementation of a large-scale investment project without bidding. What projects are you talking about?
- Speaking about the recently introduced in the province mechanism for the provision of land without bidding, it is important to understand its algorithm. It consists in the following: the investor submits documents for consideration and recognition of it as a priority in the investment council of the region. After the conclusion of the investment agreement for the implementation of the project with a statement on the scale, he appeals to the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy for a commission on the scale.
Further, the Governor of the Khabarovsk Krai decides on the compliance of the large-scale investment project with the criteria established by Law No. 102, which creates legal grounds for the subsequent sale by the investor of its right to receive a land plot for lease without holding a tender.
The investor independently applies to the appropriate authorized body for the provision of a land plot for lease without holding an auction. For the most part, this concerns the municipal authorities of the Khabarovsk Territory - the administration of the city of Khabarovsk, district and settlement administrations. There is very little so-called "edge" land in the region. The authorities of the region, endowed with the right to provide land, select the land plot they need in accordance with the needs declared by the investors. Since in the new edition of the code, the boundaries of the territories of the Khabarovsk Territory, within which it is possible to provide land plots without bidding, are not fixed. It is indicated only in which municipalities of the region and for investment projects with what volume of investments it is possible to provide land plots.
The priority for the regional authorities is to provide investors with land plots within agricultural lands. And the provision of such sites is already underway. For example, 9 plots on agricultural land are provided to the investment project of Khabarovsk Grain Processing Plant LLC, which provides for the organization of turkey farming. But land plots are provided today and on lands of other functional purposes. As an example, the provision of a land plot to an investor on the territory of the Vaninsky municipal district for such an important investment project for the development of this municipality, such as the construction of an alumina terminal, which assumes, according to its design capacity, transshipment of about 3 million tons of alumina. In general, currently in the region, work is underway to provide land plots within the framework of work with 11 applications from investors.
- Describe, please, how are the roles distributed between the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy of the Khabarovsk Territory, its Investment and Development Agency, the Development Corporation, and the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East? How ideally should the functions be distributed between them and the interaction be implemented so that they do not duplicate each other and their work is accelerated?
- The main structure that is in contact with the Ministry of Regional Development today is the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy. Since practically all the initiatives of the federal agency are implemented in the province, it is precisely this: the scope of its activities includes the functioning of the TACER system in the province, and the Far Eastern hectare project, and a set of measures for the development of the Bolshoi Ussuriysk Island, and a long-term plan of measures for an integrated socio-economic Development of Komsomolsk-on-Amur, as well as the introduction of free port regime on the territory of the region. At the same time, the Ministry provides financing for existing development institutions in the province, assigns them tasks, then monitors the effectiveness of their implementation and undertakes other necessary measures.
Equally important for the development of the region are the Investment and Development Agency operating in its territory, as well as the Development Corporation. At the same time between them there is a significant difference. The Agency provides service for investors - advising on all issues arising from them, as well as accepting their applications and all the initial work with them. Moreover, in its active form - speaking at forums, searching for and attracting investors, voicing investment proposals. In turn, the Development Corporation solves issues related to land plots for investors, preparation and management of production sites, including infrastructure.
Interaction with the Corporation for the Development of the Far East it will be carried out through its subsidiaries and the Far Eastern Corporation. For the operation of such companies, recently, on 13 May, a constituent agreement was signed that regulates the establishment of subsidiaries from the Far East Development Corporation and the Khabarovsk Krai Development Corporation. That is, the powers to form and operate the TOP from the federal level are transferred to these subsidiaries, close interaction with which will be implemented by the Khabarovsk Krai Development Corporation. Moreover, this is more than justified in conditions when more than 10 TOP is created in the Far East - when working with them, and in particular managing them, concentrated in a single center, is an extremely difficult task.
The format of future interaction between the Agency for Investment and Development of the Khabarovsk Territory and the Agency for the Far East to attract investment and support exports is currently being determined. In particular, the prospect of integrating the Agency of the Khabarovsk Territory and the Agencies of other Far Eastern entities into the Agency of the Far East has already been discussed for a year. In my opinion, the functions between the Agency of the Khabarovsk Territory and the Agency of the Far East should be distributed as follows: the first provides investors with all the services, the second manages them and carries out practical work.
- Recently, in the Khabarovsk Territory, the principle of a single window has been used in working with investors. Could you please tell us about the progress of the investment project in the region, the initiator of which wants to get support from the region?
- After the investor has conducted all the necessary negotiations and wants to mature, or is already ripe for the implementation of the investment project, he turns to the Agency for Investment and Development of the Khabarovsk Territory. That is, the Investment and Development Agency is one window for an investor in the Khabarovsk Territory.
The agency, in turn, has the opportunity to accompany projects in accordance with its internal regulations for interaction with the investor (thus it now accompanies the order of 18-20 projects), or in accordance with the regulations of a single Government window. The latter, recently approved by a government decree, obliges the authorities of the Khabarovsk Territory to support projects within the framework of an approved escort plan. This plan is developed separately for each investment project by the Agency for Investment and Development of the Khabarovsk Territory and then sent to the Government of the region. It contains all the indicative information about the project, in particular - the timing of its implementation, the periods of its individual stages, the tasks for which it is directed, as well as the executive responsible for it - this or that relevant Ministry for the profile of its specialization. An application sent by the project initiator to a single window of the government can be of two types: for preliminary consulting support (before the initiator decides to implement the investment project) and for full support (after the decision to implement the project by the initiator has already been made). The second application, of course, has a larger scale. After it is adopted, together with the Ministry of Investment and Land and Property Policy, the Agency for Investment and Development of the Khabarovsk Territory draws up a plan to support the project in accordance with the stated needs of the initiator. For example, the plan may provide assistance to the initiator in the search for funding, within the framework of which the Agency, in particular, organizes meetings with banks, as well as assistance in resolving various infrastructure issues. From the beginning of the year to the present, the Government received about 10 applications in one window.
Parameters that are mandatory for the project to be escorted within the same window of the Government are contained in the annex to the regulations of this window, which establishes a form specific for investors. For example, one of the mandatory parameters is the fact that the initiator of the project has no debt to the budget. But here it should be noted that inconsistency with this parameter of the project is a restriction for getting support only until the debt is liquidated. After it, the initiator can reapply. Among other parameters that are mandatory for the project - a clear representation by the initiator of the required volume of investments, its profitability, the place of implementation, the availability of a well-developed business plan. It should be noted that the initiators of the projects have the opportunity to check the quality of its project before compiling an application for support in order to get support from the region - fill out an application on the investment portal of Khabarovsk Krai, and also receive on it in an interactive form answers to all questions.
- Tell us, please, in more detail about how you help the initiators of projects in the search for funding?
- At once I will note that this kind of support is the hardest to provide. Within its framework, the Agency and the relevant Ministries help the initiators of projects primarily organizationally. In particular, they hold numerous meetings with banks. Also, in a number of cases, the initiators of projects are assisted in the removal of issues that occur during their communication with banks. In addition, the initiators are provided with all information about possible sources of public funding. Indeed, at present there are already a lot of them, and many of them are still not aware of the initiators of the projects. I mean such sources of state funding as, for example, the Industrial Development Fund, the Far East Development Fund, the Khabarovsk Krai Small Business Support Fund, the Khabarovsk Krai Guarantee Fund.
Of course, the Agency is difficult to exert influence on the internal regulations of these or other financial institutions, but it can still apply to the state regulations to a certain extent. Therefore, sometimes the Agency helps the initiators of projects directly in obtaining state funding - does not request its provision to various state institutions.
- Please tell us more about the interaction of the region with the Fund for the Development of the Far East. What projects have you helped with his support?
- If we talk about financial support from the Fund, in the province it has not yet received one project. But the authorities in the region are still counting on the likelihood of it being received by some projects before the end of 2016. We are talking about projects that are being worked out by the authorities of the region together with the Foundation, and which cause him a certain interest. Such projects include, for example, the construction of a heating main in Khabarovsk, the construction of the Epsilon-2 machining workshop, various initiatives for the development of Bolshoy Ussuriysky Island, the development of Khabarovsk Airport, as well as some projects for the development of mineral deposits.
But do not forget that the region has the opportunity to use other instruments of state support, the source of which is the Ministry of Regional Development. For example, getting financial support from his side to create the infrastructure of his projects. Two projects implemented today in the Khabarovsk Territory have already received such support: the Sakhatrans LLC project for the construction of a coal terminal in the Vanino port and the Urgalugol project for the construction of an enrichment plant at the Urgalsky coal field and an increase in production at this field. Currently, another forestry project is applying for infrastructural support.
- Please tell us about one of the important and large-scale projects of the Khabarovsk Territory, which has been moving slowly and hard for a long time - a project to modernize the Khabarovsk airport. What are the reasons for this weak development?
- There are several reasons for this. The main thing is that the design and estimate documentation of this project was fully developed only a little over a year ago. Also, a number of issues related to the provision of land plots were not resolved. Without their decision, it was impossible to pass the examination of the project. Specifically, the right to receive several plots of land needed by the project, from its initiator appeared only after he became a resident of TOSER.
It is also worth noting that at present the economy of this project is somewhat heavier due to the fact that the flow of passengers today has significantly decreased, in particular - even to Turkey and Egypt. And also for the reason that the airport lost one of its important strategic carriers - Transaero.
But at the same time, Khabarovsk Airport remains a very interesting and strategically important project for Russia. Due to its convenient location as a navigation point and a favorable geographical position as a transit point. At the same time, it plays a significant role for the development of the economy of the region itself.
- Is there still such a project in Khabarovsk Krai for which, despite the fact that they are interesting to the region, there are no investors? Or projects, for implementation of which the initiators / investors do not have enough funds?
- Yes, there are other such projects. For example, the project of the Port Special Economic Zone "Sovetskaya Gavan", the development of which was severely hampered for various reasons, and now, to a lesser extent, but still slows down. One of the main reasons that prevented the project from developing in the past was a rather inefficient system of managing it from the center, a joint-stock company that was managed at the federal level. When the ineffectiveness of such management was realized, the authority to manage the port area was transferred to the entity - the management company PSEZ "Sovetskaya Gavan" was established. Another reason, which did not slow down the development of this project, was the long development of the project for the planning of its territory, which lasted more than for 3,5 years. But, nevertheless, already at the end of last year this project received funding. Currently, there is coordination of its various investment plans, the formulation of all necessary documentation.
- What does the Khabarovsk Territory look like today against the background of other Far Eastern subjects on attracting investments and what will it look like in the foreseeable future?
- At present, the Khabarovsk Territory is one of the most investment-attractive entities in the Far East - along with the Primorsky Territory and the Amur Region. If we characterize its investment climate, then this is a normal climate that allows the implementation of projects in the field of agriculture and many others. About the same as the climate of Primorsky Krai. But it should be noted that, while the investment climate of the Khabarovsk Territory has a number of advantages
In particular, in comparison with a number of other regions, the Khabarovsk Territory has a larger population, a milder climate and a developed infrastructure, as well as a position neighboring China. In turn, investments in the transport sector currently prevail in the structure of investments in the Khabarovsk Territory. If we consider his investments against the background of other regions of the Far East, then they have a fairly large share of investments in processing industries.
Of course, at present there is a slight drop in investment in the region - but it is observed today in all Far Eastern subjects. In the Khabarovsk Territory, the decline in investment volume is due to objective reasons - with the completion of major investment projects. Such as, for example, the construction of the pipeline Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean. At the same time, with the arrival of small investments in the province the situation is not bad. This is clearly confirmed by 52 residents of the Khabarovsk Territory, 15 resident in the Far East.
- If it's not a secret, what are you dreaming about as the Minister of Investment and Land and Property Policy of the Khabarovsk Territory? How do you see the results of your work in three years, and what changes in the region would you like to see?
- First of all, I would like to see in the region not only advanced development areas, but also other various investment platforms, in particular - industrial parks, with investors working in them. And also, that all the sites in the region were fully adapted for the admission of various kinds of investors and that the timing of their arrangement for any of them should be significantly reduced - not more than a month. My other desire is to start and implement those megaprojects in the region that we all hear now - PSEZ Sovgavan, Khabarovsk Free Port, Khabarovsk Airport, Bolshoi Ussuriysky Island.
In addition, I would like to see the Khabarovsk Territory improve the situation with regard to land, in particular - the boundaries of settlements. And in general, order in the cadastral and other land issues is put in order. At the same time, so that land plots in the region are actively distributed and developed, and as a result of these processes, positive trends of rapid economic development took place in Khabarovsk Krai.