This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Everything goes according to plan
- Sergey Aleksandrovich, the post of the mayor of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, you occupied relatively recently - in 2014 year. But in the system of executive power of the city by this time you have already worked for seven years. What does experience tell you, what changes are particularly important for the city now?
- I came to the mayor's office from business, and this experience is very valuable for me. It allows you to precisely prioritize. In business, the result is important, therefore for me in the management system of the municipality one of the main tasks is to establish a planning and personal responsibility system for all employees of the city administration. At the same time it's not my style to change something, as they say, breaking through the knee: I'm a supporter of the evolutionary path of development and the corresponding methods of leadership. I think this is clearly demonstrated by our program of actions - "Strategy 2020", which continues the course for the development of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Priorities in the development of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk are the improvement of the city's transport system and the modernization of urban passenger transport, the improvement of yards, the complex reconstruction of utility networks, the greening of the city, housing construction and the construction of social facilities. And most importantly, the work on the "Strategy" was in close contact with the townspeople. They received over 3 thousand proposals, most of which we took into account in the final document. Now it remains only to follow it exactly.
And of course, the most important principle of the mayoralty's work should be its openness to the citizens. Only by communicating on an equal footing with the inhabitants, understanding and letting through their problems, together finding solutions, we can improve the quality of life of every South Sakhalin.
- Is there enough money for this? On what sources of additional financing, except for the budget of the city, you really can count?
The expenditure part of the budget is 20,9 billion rubles. These funds will be used to ensure all social obligations of the city district - among them the wages of employees of the budgetary sphere and charging for it (taking into account the increase in rates from 1 January), payment of municipal services to municipal institutions, activities of the programs "Social support of the population" and "City Without borders, construction and capital repairs of kindergartens (in 2015 we plan to hand over 5 kindergartens: in Dalniy, Novo-Aleksandrovsk, Khomutovo, 8 and 12 micro-districts of the city), granting citizens a social yplat for housing, etc. Another no less important feature of the current budget is the high level of budget investments in the construction and reconstruction of municipal property. For these purposes, it is planned to direct around 40% of the total amount of all budget expenditures. For comparison: in 2014 year 33% went for these purposes.
The government of the Sakhalin region will give us a tangible support. Due to the consolidation of the regional and local budgets, it is planned to allocate 3,5 billion rubles for timely and qualitative entry into the heating season (as they say, "prepare the sleigh in the summer"), modernization and development of communal infrastructure systems, 2,4 billion rubles for the construction and reconstruction of city roads, Repair of yard territories, etc. Another 1,7 billion rubles - for the financial provision of construction and assistance in purchasing housing for citizens, including state employees, young families, scientists, etc .; Finally, 1,6 billion rubles - for the construction, reconstruction and acquisition of kindergartens.
The amounts are impressive, and our task is to dispose of them as efficiently as possible, with the benefit for all of the South Sakhaliners.
- The Far East is one of the all-Russian priorities of economic development, and the Sakhalin region has always been a region of advanced. Now 95% of the regional budget is formed at the expense of own resources. Investors are actively coming here, for example, in the energy sector. But does not it "overheat" prices and wages? And what about those who do not work in the energy complex?
- I will remind one proverb: "it was smooth on paper, but they forgot about the ravines." The time is not the best now - the crisis. Is it possible that the regional budget will not be able to fulfill all its obligations, you will have to “sequestrate” several expenses and the social situation will sharply complicate? Many experts warn that the risk is large enough.
- I would not so much exaggerate. First of all, because I assess the situation soberly and with the facts in my hands, and not in the form of speculative "horror stories."
An analysis of the main economic indicators of the city for 2014 year proves: for several years we have been demonstrating a trend towards sustainable development. The adverse factors that intensified in the last quarter of last year also make themselves felt at the start of 2015. But one also needs to understand that the all-Russian “waves” (both positive and negative) reach Sakhalin with a slight delay. We must use this period of time in order to meet the crisis fully armed and with minimal losses. We may have to adjust some graphics. But global failures in financing should not be.
We are already working on preemption in order to preserve the sustainable development of the city’s economy and social sphere. First of all, the costs of acquiring machinery, equipment, and capital repairs of institutions will be revised. We are ready to cut expenses that are not socially significant or vital for Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Even taking into account inflation, such savings will allow in full fulfillment of all our expenditure commitments, primarily in the social sphere and utilities.
This does not mean that everything will be smooth and simple. For example, a crisis always entails a price increase. In order to avoid sharp leaps, a mechanism has been developed and introduced in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk that provides food security for the population in the conditions of an economic recession and an increase in the prices of goods. In January 2015, the wholesale suppliers of products, local producers and owners of retail food networks signed a declaration, under which they pledged to establish a minimum trade margin for a specific list of twenty-five essential goods.
Under the city administration, a headquarters was set up for the operative monitoring of the state of the markets for agricultural products, raw materials and food (I am the chairman of this headquarters), and the prices of essential goods are monitored daily.
No doubt, it's not the easiest time. But we must calmly and systematically prepare for all the risks, take them, and moreover, take the pros out of the minuses, make a fall by take-off.
- The budget is not bottomless and not rubbery, many projects can not be pulled without the help of raised funds. How actively do you call the business for social responsibility and do you find a response?
- Yes, today the society expects from the business more than just honest payment of taxes and the creation of jobs. And I must say that the feeling of responsibility is not alien to our businessmen. They make a significant contribution to the development of the city. Thus, the business community actively participates in such social programs as the Sakhalin Ribbon of Memory, St. George Ribbon, Ryabinovaya Alley, Hurry to Do Good, Help you get ready for school, etc. In 2014, the benefactors helped reconstruct Asahikawa Square. The first stone was laid and the construction of the Russian-Japanese friendship square is under way, the adjacent territory and the square in the village of Dalny are landscaped and so on. Business representatives are helping schools, kindergartens, hospitals a lot ... The amount of money directed by business to charity is increasing ( in 2004 year - 3,6 million rubles, in 2013 - 615,5 million rubles, in 2014 - 237 million rubles). We do not leave such good deeds without attention and gratitude. For more than 10 years, the city contest "Philanthropist of the Year of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk" has been held. The number of its participants is constantly growing. I believe that social responsibility of business is not just the norm, but the measure of the health and adequacy of our society.
- Social responsibility is reciprocated. Can you tell more about the support programs for local producers? Among them are many small and medium-sized businesses - the most vulnerable in economically unstable times. What is the city administration ready to help them?
We have a successful advisory council with the city administration on the development and support of small and medium-sized businesses. Success - this means with a visible result. In 2015, the number of financial support mechanisms for small and medium-sized enterprises (from 7 to 14) has been doubled. Help was given first and foremost to those engaged in pre-school education, passenger transportation by bus or car, folk handicrafts or innovative projects. Crisis is a crisis, but this year we will increase the number of economic entities to which the city will help, from 50 to 60. We will in every way stimulate the business activity of small business and promote its popularity, various competitions, forums, conferences of city scale, the Day of Russian Entrepreneurship, etc. are already planned. And of course, various new forms of municipal-private partnership in the territory of the regional center will be introduced into practice. We already have experience in implementing large infrastructure projects on the basis of this partnership.
As for local producers, they are focused on the concept of creating an agro-industrial park within the city (the project can be implemented with the involvement of foreign investors). With the financial support of the regional budget, the largest enterprises of the urban district are being expanded and modernized. For example, the Ostrovnaya poultry farm (plans for the near future include the construction of a broiler meat production plant), the Teplichny state farm (this year it is planned to build new greenhouses, as part of the plant modernization project, which will increase the production of fresh ground vegetables to 5440 tons for 2017 year or 1,8 times) and others. A modern pig farm in Taranai, Aniva district, bordering Yuzhno-Sakhalinsky, is being prepared for commissioning. Already at the end of this year, the company will be able to provide Sakhalin citizens with fresh meat. Farmers will also receive support. Immediately these efforts are not noticeable - investments in agriculture rarely give an immediate effect. But the groundwork for the future is already good.
- What do you mean by "comfort"?
- The regime of maximum favor, including the simplification of all paper and bureaucratic procedures. To do this, we form a register of land plots that can be used in the implementation of investment projects, provide subsidies for reimbursement of interest rates on investment loans and leasing payments under financial lease (leasing) agreements, and provide preferential terms for using land and paying taxes.
In general, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk benefits from the "investment climate" from other cities in the Far East. It is well located, has strong twin-city relations with many cities of the APR countries (Japan, South Korea, China). But the main thing is that our city is the capital of Russia's largest oil region, and that says it all. It is here that the offices of oil and gas companies with world-wide names are located. Implementation of offshore projects has just become the catalyst that brought the development of the city to a new level. Now invest in its infrastructure for private Russian and foreign investors has become not only profitable, but also prestigious. Increasingly, we have objects with the prefix "best" (the largest, the first, etc.) in the Far East. And there is no boasting - a pure statement of fact. Suffice it to recall the TRC "City-Mall" and "Mountain Air", a new gymnasium (by the way, this is the most modern school in the Far Eastern Federal District), much more. Over the past few years, through private investments, more than 30 objects of trade, consumer services, catering, etc. have been built and commissioned. Such changes entailed a so-called multiplier effect: more and more new jobs are created (which is important in the current economic situation ), The level of tax revenues to the city budget is increasing, the range of services provided to the population is expanding, and so on. Now we are on the verge of implementing the largest investment projects. One of them is a new airport, the commissioning of which through 2-3 will also spur the development of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk.
- One of the areas in which the Far East began to pay increased attention is tourism. But even in the central regions of Russia, its development is not going smoothly. And what is far beyond the capitals and transport arteries of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk?
"The influx of tourists is, of course, an important matter. But what about ordinary, indigenous residents? One of the main geopolitical tasks in the Far East, the government of the Russian Federation called the struggle with the outflow of the population. Is it possible for the city administration to fight the laws of demography?
"I'll give you the numbers again." Since 2008, we have a natural increase in population. In 2014, it was 770 people, while the outflow balance was 483 (8538 was lost, 8055 arrived). Therefore, we are in positive territory, albeit in small. To date, the population of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is 199,8 thousand people. What do we involve and how do we hold people together? The main factor is the successful implementation of those projects, of which we have already spoken. In addition, we consider our "core capital" of young specialists. Behind them is the future. So, we need to support and protect them. Therefore, the city provides business housing for young professionals working in the budgetary sphere (and from the regional budget they pay the people who move here and start working). But our most important task is to create a comfortable environment for thousands of townspeople so that they simply do not want to leave anywhere. The city is growing. In recent years, we have several new residential neighborhoods, we build several kindergartens every year, last year we erected a new gymnasium building, in this we continue the construction of the Central Music School. We develop children's and mass sports. The plans - with the support of the regional government - the construction of a biathlon stadium, sports complexes and much more.
Actually, this is the criterion of reasonableness of any budget expenditures: the city should become comfortable for people, so that they themselves feel tangible changes for the better. In the end, the authorities are working for this purpose.
- And how do you know the opinion of the townspeople about their work? Do the assistants report?
- Well, why. The feedback system should be simple and direct, otherwise it just does not work. For me and the city administration it is very important that the dialogue with the residents of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk goes qualitatively and constantly. We spoke with them "on equal footing" when almost a year ago the Public Council was established at the mayor's office. It included representatives of the public - people with a pronounced civil position, sharp, active, not indifferent to everything that is happening in the city and what will happen to it next. Since the establishment of the Council, 18 thematic round tables with experts from among the townspeople, heads of various enterprises and organizations of the city and 14 meetings of the Council have been held as part of the work on updating the City Development Strategy. An Internet reception of the Public Council was also created (on the website "Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - a city as in the palm of your hand", section Public Council), Where anyone can apply. We are open to dialogue with the public. Regularly, I myself and the heads of structural divisions of the city administration conduct receptions of citizens. Last year, more than 5 thousand different questions, complaints and proposals were submitted to the mayor's office from the townspeople. Personally, I spent the last year more than 100 meetings with South Sakhalin.
- What are you most often asked about or asked for?
- Most of all questions to the mayor on a personal reception - on problems with housing, on the improvement of yards, etc. As much as we try to solve them. Of course, it is not always possible to do this exactly as our visitors want. But in any case, we act within the legal framework and individually approach each specific case.
You see, all that we talked about today is everyday, normal, routine work. Our task is to continue to do so that everything good in the life of the city is perceived as the norm, and not an exception or achievement. People start talking about the work of the city authorities only when its result does not suit them (remember the famous story about a boy who started talking only when “the soup turned out to be salty”?) Therefore, we are ready to continue doing our work calmly, methodically, without noise and exclamations. We do not need extra salt and pepper, and we are ready to take full responsibility for the quality of our managerial “cuisine”.
During the 10 years in the urban district "City of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk" there was an increase in the volume of industrial production in all types of economic activity (mining, manufacturing, production and distribution of electricity, gas and water, logging). In 2014, the volume of production of large and medium-sized enterprises amounted to 45,4 billion rubles, or 123,3% to the level of 2013 of the year.
The total amount of investments in fixed assets for the period from 2004 to 2014 years amounted to more than 200,0 billion rubles, including 2014 billion for 26,0 year.
Over the past 10, wage levels have increased 3,6 times. Currently, the average monthly salary in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is 60,8 thousand rubles.
10 years ago, the unemployment rate in the city was 0,3% of the total economically active population. As of January 1 of the current year - 0,2%. According to this indicator, the Sakhalin Region is the leader in the Russian Federation. In the region, the unemployment rate is 0,6%, while in the whole of the FEFD - 1,5%, in the Russian Federation - 5,6%. In 2005, 298 unemployed citizens were officially registered in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, as of 1 in January 2015, 170 people.
Data provided by the press service of the city administration.