This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Vladimir Miklushevsky: "Vladivostok is becoming a fashionable point"
On VEF Primorsky Krai signed agreements for 85 billion rubles
Whether the first Eastern Economic Forum came out "lumpy" and what projects will transform Primorye in the near future, EastRussia was told by Primorsky Territory Governor Vladimir Miklushevsky.
- Vladimir Vladimirovich, how many agreements did the Primorsky Territory conclude at the Eastern Economic Forum (WEF)?
- We counted various kinds of agreements, preliminary contracts and memorandums for 85 billion rubles. The stages of agreements are different - for some, for example, we have signed memorandums of understanding, but this is already a statement that we intend to work on the project.
Of 200 projects submitted 9 subjects of the Far East on the forum, 37 - seaside, which, in my opinion, quite a lot. In the map of investment opportunities of Primorye, presented at this event, there were 83 regional projects. They are also different - some are at the idea stage, some are at work. For example, the company "RusAgro" has invested several billion rubles in the development of agriculture in the region. Other large residents of the Mikhailovsky TOR are Mercy Trade and Primorye Bacon. Total investment in the site is 45 billion rubles.
In the TOP "Nadezhdinsky" investments are required for 8 billion rubles. The agreements on these sites were signed on 2 September, even before the opening of the forum. At the WEF we signed a number of agreements on the implementation of projects in the tourist and recreational area of Primorsky Krai. Japanese companies showed interest in the planned TOR on Russky Island, where a golf resort and a ski resort can appear.
- If we talk about the transport corridors "Primorye-1" and "Primorye-2", did the projects move during the forum?
- Investors on "Primir-1" and "Primorye-2" for several days you will not find. To the forum, Yury Trutnev (presidential envoy to the Far East Federal District - the author's note) instructed us to develop a transport model for these projects. In simple terms, to calculate the number of vehicles that can move on this highway, carrying either cargo or passengers. Accordingly, to understand how much money you can get for the day, if you make a road, for example, paid. If the road is free, how long will it pay off on concession terms, if the concessionaire comes in and what will the charge of the concessor look like - the legal entity, the administration that will order this road. The transport model is calculated, we presented it to our partners.
At the forum, I met with the leaders of the Chinese provinces - Jilin and Heilongjiang, where we talked about these transport corridors. Jilin is "Primorye-2", Heilongjiang - "Primorye-1", therefore the Chinese side is extremely interested in projects, and not only because they essentially cut the way. If, for example, to consider the export of Chinese goods to Japan, then the delivery from the northeast of China through their southern ports is longer by 3,5 times (compared to the way from the seaports). As a result, transport costs are seriously increasing, which certainly affects the competitiveness of Chinese or Japanese goods that go to China. Here we need to use the geographic advantages of Primorye - shortening distances, ice-free ports, etc.
Besides logistical advantages for our Chinese partners, we solve our own problems. When we talk about the agglomeration of Vladivostok, then without roads is an empty sound. Agglomeration is primarily transport accessibility.
Transport corridors, of course, are mutually beneficial for both Primorye and our Chinese partners. We can increase cargo traffic, build roads, expand port capacities and capacities of border checkpoints. All this we have planned and will do.
- Representatives of business circles of China are interested in the Free Port of Vladivostok. Have there been specific proposals for cooperation from the Chinese business during the forum?
"The free port of Vladivostok is a real breakthrough, one can say, a revolution in a good sense of the word in terms of legislative, customs, tax and administrative changes. The law gives significant benefits to investors. The task that we set for ourselves (I mean primarily Yuri Trutnev and the head of the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the development of the Far East Alexander Galushka), to open the project potential to our foreign guests. The law has been published, it is a public document, but, of course, communication is needed, since additional questions arise in people, they must be answered. We were just busy with this.
Quite specific proposals on the Free Port of Vladivostok are being received, we are considering them. They require elaboration, because the law will come into force only on October 13. And talking about its practical implementation is a bit early. But we are preparing for this.
4 September, the Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed an order, a supervisory board has already been set up, headed by Yury Trutnev. Alexander Galushka entered the council. Its members were the heads of all 15 municipalities, which are located on the territory of the Free Port of Vladivostok. The beginning is laid, we will continue to work out subordinate documents. So, you know that in the Free Port of Vladivostok the round-the-clock mode of customs work, and this requires changes in the relevant regulatory documents of the customs service. Consular and border services will facilitate visa issuance at the border. That is, a sufficiently large number of departments will have to bring their regulatory documents in accordance with this law. But we will cope - I have no doubts about this.
- You would not like to tell, when will the project "Eastern Petrochemical Company" (VNHK) be implemented?
- This question is better to ask the head of the company "Rosneft" Igor Sechin, because it is his project. However, in his speech at the Eastern Economic Forum of the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin said that VNHK will be, and LNG will be, and Zvezda will be.
If we talk about the most significant, top-priority projects, then, of course, this is “Zvezda”, because Russia is striving to gain a firm foothold on the shelf and develop oil and gas fields. And without escort ships, without appropriate platforms, this is not just difficult, but impossible. Each such platform, firstly, needs to be done, and secondly, it requires several dozen escort vessels, not to mention tankers, gas carriers, etc., that is, those vessels that will transport oil and gas produced. And all this should do the factory "Star".
I often go to the "Star". Primorye actively exercises powers in the social sphere: we have budgeted funds for kindergartens and schools - only in the first stage the population of the Big Stone will increase 3,5 thousand people.
- Where will this number of specialists come from?
- Some of them will be local - they will not need housing. But we are talking about 3,5 thousand additional workers that will be required at the factory "Star".
As soon as we complete the “Primorye-1” to the Bolshoy Kamen, due to the “straightening” of the road, the way to Vladivostok will be reduced by 25 kilometers. The road will be four-lane, speed. In addition, by the end of the year we will pass the section on the Primorye-1, bypassing Artem, and the cars will not have to go through the city, collecting all the traffic lights along the way. Vladivostok will be able to ride in the Big Stone. According to our estimates, the speed will increase significantly, and travel time will be within an hour. Remember, before less than two hours in Ussuriysk nobody went. Now is the hour, and you are already there. About the same story will happen with the Big Stone.
We also think how to launch a ferry service. In other words, we will look for different ways.
Some people will come to us from other regions, because we need to build a shipbuilding school again. Shipbuilding directly in Primorye has never been. There was a ship repair, and the rudiments were small — Eastern Shipyard, for example, was building small vessels. However, these competencies cannot be transferred to a large shipyard, where huge ocean-going vessels will be built. We will build a shipyard, but social infrastructure is also required.
VNKhK, I think, will be engaged in parallel, but the main limitation is money. In the conditions of sanctions, we seriously lost the opportunity to enter the Western financial markets. Nevertheless, this issue will be resolved. Because not only for us, but for the country VNHK an important project. Export of oil refined products - gasoline, oil, etc. - In contrast to the export of raw materials, this is a completely different surplus value, which will remain in the form of taxes in Russia and in Primorsky Krai, which benefits us unambiguously. Plus polyethylene, polypropylene, which will be produced at VNHK: we will immediately create a cluster where small and medium-sized businesses will be involved.
We specifically studied the experience of Singapore, which does not produce a single drop of oil, but recycles a huge amount of it. We need to urgently change the policy and create in the country, which exports energy in its raw form, the economy, which is engaged in processing, and at a high level.
- Tell me, please, during the course of the WEF, did you find any organizational errors for its preparation?
"The person who does not learn anything or does not want to study is bad. We, of course, learn. During the forum, our partners sometimes offered to improve organizational things. So, there were a lot of people, not all of them managed to get to the event due to lack of places, for example. By the next forum, we will try to finish the hotel on the ship's embankment, although the number of rooms in it will not fundamentally solve the problem, but it will be a very good five-star hotel.
- What difficulties did foreign visitors complain about doing business with Russia?
- Our partners are experiencing difficulties at checkpoints, when obtaining a visa (which, by the way, lifts the law on the Free Port Vladivostok). One of the aims of the forum was to discuss the problems in a live dialogue. To talk about macroeconomic problems, there is a forum in St. Petersburg, there is Davos, after all, where smart people gather and talk about it. Our forum is investment. It is not just economic, but absolutely applied. And it can not be done without an understanding of the problems that investors are experiencing when they come to our territory - in Primorye, in other regions of the Far East.
In addition, when discussing the investment attractiveness of the Far Eastern regions at the forum, the refrain sounded "training": no project can be implemented without well-trained specialists.
- The First Eastern Economic Forum has become an international event. What other activities are you planning to hold to support the new image of the city and the region, which has ceased to be associated with caviar and tigers?
- With the tigers let him associate, the tiger is on the coat of arms of the region. But for sure, Primorsky Krai should not be associated with, so it's with crime. Three years ago, when I became governor, security was in the top five in the pyramid of problems. Now it is in the penultimate place. This does not mean that all security problems have been solved - this is impossible. Nevertheless, we have seriously worked, including with law enforcement agencies.
There are a lot of international events in the city. For the three years that have passed since the APEC summit, we held more than 200 major international events. The city should live, be filled with life, be a fashionable place, people should want to come here. And gradually Vladivostok, as you see, becomes this fashion point.