This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Entrance ticket" to the fishing industry
Vladimir GalitsynMinister of Fisheries of Kamchatka Region
- Today the fish industry is the most advanced sector of the economy in Kamchatka. Are there any “entrance tickets” left for new players? Where can an investor find himself?
- In 2007 – 2008 The state has defined the long-term rules of the game in the industry, securing a resource for users for 10 and 20 years. Despite this, we believe that there is a sufficient level of competition in the industry. The possibility of the emergence of new members is in the field of fisheries, and in the field of processing and sale of aquatic biological resources. Having chosen the field of fishing for themselves, an investor can purchase shares of quotas for aquatic biological resources at auctions - these can be either newly introduced quotas, resold by owners, or withdrawn from users of the state. You can also conclude an agreement on the use of aquatic bioresources, the total allowable catch of which is not established. In addition, today there is the practice of merging enterprises with shares.
A wide range of opportunities is also presented in the area of creating a coastal fish processing infrastructure, the construction or acquisition of a fishing fleet. For 6,5 years on the coast of the peninsula, 17 modern factories were established, and 11 medium and small tonnage vessels were built and modernized. The volume of investments in this sphere amounted to almost 13 billion rubles.
- What steps does the government take to protect bona fide market participants?
- The current level of development of the industry allows you to seriously consider and implement innovative technologies. How exactly is the state ready to support innovators?
- Today, support for investors and innovators is carried out within the framework of government programs. At the expense of the federal and regional budgets, subsidies are provided to reimburse part of the costs of investors for the construction or modernization of plants, the acquisition of a fleet, technological and ship equipment on credit or under lease agreements. It also provides grants to innovators and start-up entrepreneurs, government guarantees and other forms of support.