This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Vladimir Miklushevsky: Primorye will present its success stories
Primorsky Krai is one of the leaders of economic development in the Far East: for the year since the last forum the region has shown a bright dynamics of successful projects. About what Primorye will present at WEF-2016, EastRussia tells the governor of the region Vladimir Miklushevsky
- Vladimir Vladimirovich, in 2016 the Primorsky Territory will host the Eastern Economic Forum for the second time. Are you preparing any surprises?
- VEF is one of two presidential forums in Russia. This is an important platform for attracting investments not only in Primorsky Krai, but also throughout the Far East. This year we expect up to three thousand participants, this is twice as much as last year. Both the city and the region are actively preparing: we inspect hotels and restaurants accredited to the Forum, prepare sites, cultural program events. It should be noted that this year the guests will have the opportunity to visit the Oceanarium - an absolutely unique object, extremely interesting.
- With what projects and proposals Primorye goes to the Forum?
- First of all, we will present the projects that have already been announced within the priority development areas as some kind of "success stories". Therefore, already with a certain degree of confidence, we can say that the projects will be implemented, construction equipment is already at the sites. I mean both the Mikhailovsky TOP and the Nadezhdinskaya TOP. Of course, the construction of the Zvezda shipyard is currently underway - this is the third Bolshoi Kamen ASEZ, which was created in the Primorsky Territory by a decree of the Russian government. All three TOPs are extremely important for us, because they create new jobs and production. As a result, this is an increase in the tax base, and, as a consequence, the regional budget, which is directed to the development of the region, to improve the quality of life. I hope that new opportunities will attract economically active people to us from other regions of Russia.
Of course, the WEF will also present the projects of the Free Port of Vladivostok. 22 August meeting of the next, already the fifth Supervisory Board, approved another 36 investment projects. This is in addition to 60 already existing residents, and the total amount of investments for all 96 companies exceeds 125 billion rubles. The registration procedure is simplified as much as possible, but the resident will receive the benefit only when something is built.
Also, Primorsky Krai will present at the Eastern Economic Forum 29 investment projects, of which 5 - in the format of pitch sessions. This and such large-scale as the international transport corridors "Primorye-1" and "Primorye-2". Together with Chinese investors, we will discuss the financial model of their modernization. Partners from China are very interested in the speedy completion of the reconstruction of the corridors - the path of cargo from the northeastern provinces of China to, for example, Japan, is shortened by 3-3,5 times.
Of course, the forum will feature the Zvezda shipbuilding complex, a natural gas liquefaction plant, and the construction of a universal seaport Big Port Zarubino. As well as such major projects as the modernization of the largest port refrigeration terminal in the Far East, which is located in Vladivostok, the construction of a pig complex, the Primorskoye Ring tourist and recreational cluster and a plant for the production of energy-saving materials. We hope that project initiators will be able to find interested investors at the forum.
- One of the blocks of the business program of the WEF will be dedicated to the opportunities offered to investors in the Far East, including those that provide the territories of advanced development and the Free Port. On which sectors is the stake in the Primorsky Territory made within the framework of the creation of these sites?
- All territories of advanced development in Primorye are created on the principle of priority and relevance for the coastal economy. Of course, this is the transport and logistics industry. Through the Primorye, Transsib passes, we have a developed network of highways, a modern international airport operates, all non-freezing ports of the Far East are located, so the emergence of the multi-profile production and logistics site of the TOR "Nadezhdinskaya" in the province is entirely logical. On its territory it was planned to place about 30 events, and the playground is almost full. The volume of investments is already about 7 billion rubles. Great opportunities for the development of the transport and logistics industry are opened by the implementation of the Law on the Free Port of Vladivostok. According to experts, the special regime of the port for 2025 will give us an increase in gross regional product more than 2,5 times, the same amount will be the growth of investments in fixed assets. And what is not less important - at 30% will increase the number of people employed in the economy of the region. The key macroeconomic project of the region is the modernization of the international transport corridors "Primorye-1" and "Primorye-2", which I mentioned.
Shipbuilding is one of the most promising industries in the region, and today we are building a shipyard "Zvezda", which will produce ships even of ice class. It is based on the creation of TOP "Big Stone", the volume of private investment which will amount to about 140 billion rubles.
In addition, the agricultural sector has strategic importance for Primorsky Krai. Primorsky TOR "Mikhailovsky" specializes in placing modern agro-industrial productions with a full cycle of processing, storage and logistics of products. Six companies have already become its residents: Rusagro-Primorye, Mercy Trade, Primorsky Bacon, Khorol Agroholding, Far Eastern Agricultural Company, Chernigov Agro Holding. The total investment of residents is more than 60 billion rubles.
- Tourism is an important area for Primorye. What prospects for the development of this industry do you see in the near future?
The sphere of tourism is really one of the priority for Primorye. Our huge advantage is the unique nature that attracts tourists from all over the world. In the north of the region there is the Ussuri taiga, in the south - sea beaches, islands.
Primorsky Krai is very popular among tourists from the countries of the Asia-Pacific region also because it is the largest center of European and Russian culture in the Pacific. We have the scene of the famous Mariinsky Theater, museums and art galleries with unique collections. In early September, will open the aquarium, the largest in the country and one of the two largest in the world. Soon the region expects the opening of a branch of the Hermitage, the Russian Museum and the Tretyakov Gallery.
The Primorsky Territory annually marks an increase in inbound tourism by 9%, and domestic - by 11-17%. We also firmly hold a leading position in terms of the volume of inbound tourist flow within the framework of the agreement between the Government of Russia and the Government of the PRC on visa-free group travel. At the end of last year, the tourist flow to this agreement has doubled, and this trend continues. Our goal is to become by 2020 a powerful interregional tourist hub of Russia in the Far East, which is visited by up to 10 million tourists a year. Primorye has everything for this: the Asia-Pacific tourist market, the fastest growing in the world, is located nearby - about 120 million people leave China alone every year. Another advantage is the unique preferences that the Vladivostok Free Port gives the region. This will allow us to create routes from Asia to Russia and back. Interregional routes in the Far East and Siberia are also in great demand today. At the second Pacific Tourism Forum in May this year, the Eastern Ring project was presented. Its essence is that a tourist can take advantage of a package tour and visit the brightest sights of the regions in a few days, for example, the Primorsky stage of the Mariinsky Theater, then the yew grove on Petrov Island, and then go to the Khabarovsk Territory or Kamchatka.
- Many forum participants are interested in the integrated entertainment resort "Primorye". A year ago, during the last EEF, its first complex was not yet operational. But this year, as we know, guests are planning a visit to the resort. Is this also a success story for Primorsky Krai?
- The first resort complex today accepts 500-600 people per day, since its opening it has already been visited by more than 130 thousand people. It brings in the budget of the region 140 million rubles in taxes annually. In addition to the first operating complex will be laid four more hotels. In total we plan to build 22. This is a serious task, the project is designed to 2025 year.
In general, the thing is good. But we must understand something else. When the infrastructure is fully created, there will be much more services. The practice of Las Vegas, Macau says that gradually most of the income is shifted from the area of the game to the area of additional services: accommodation, entertainment, shopping, business tourism and other related services. In Las Vegas, for example, now the ratio of 70 to 30. That is, the game itself is only 30%.
Visiting the gambling zone together with Deputy Prime Minister Yury Trutnev, we discussed with investors those issues that interest them. For example, the creation of a duty free zone. We have no such thing in Russia yet. And this is a topic that must be created at least in the "pilot" mode. We want the first project to be the Primorye gambling zone.