This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Innovations in Yakutsk
The success story of the northernmost technopark of Russia
Technopark "Yakutia" showed outstanding dynamics during its work: for 4 years of work, more than 80 residents gathered here, mainly local companies. The success of the technopark is not only in the development and prospects of every single business. An effective model of state support for projects was used in the creation of the first advanced development territory in Yakutia "Kangalassy Industrial Park". Today Yakutia is the most complete and complete chain of support for the start-up business: administrative support, preferential rent, financing, access to the industrial level and obtaining all preferences from the TOP regime, all in one-stop-shop mode.
About how in the coldest region of the Far East are developing modern technological production, says the director of the Technopark "Yakutia" Anatoly Semenov.
- Anatoly, what are the advantages of business development in Yakutia? The region is remote, prices in the local market are high, and the market itself is small.
- But completely unique conditions for the start: there is a significant potential for the replacement of imported products. We have easy to calculate the market and identify the prospects for the development of a technology or innovation. Another important moment is that today the most developed in the country support system for innovative business has developed in Yakutia. There is a technopark, there is a venture company, since last year the territory of advanced development "Industrial Park Kangalasy" has been operating. Functionality and powers are distributed between them in such a way that there is almost no duplication. These are links of one chain.
- How do you assess the demand for this support?
- Year after year more and more people try, invest, take risks - and more and more interesting results we get. Today we have 85 residents, we have opened a branch in Neryungri, and thanks to the whole complex of search technologies, including thanks to the work of our own Regional Engineering Center, we now have a solid portfolio of promising business projects.
- What technologies are today in priority? What do you consider as projects "for growth"?
- At the moment we talk a lot about cryotechnology. We need to learn how to use the energy of cold. Now there is talk that companies that build data centers (data centers), located in Yakutia. The systems installed in such centers are very hot, since they consume a lot of energy. It would be possible to use this heat to heat the building, and the cooling of the data center systems to be made external using cold air outdoors or underground. If the experiments show a good result and effectiveness, the republic could become a site for hosting data centers of large companies.
Today in Yakutsk there are already about 30 IT companies, many of them have a million turnover. We, who are far from the sales markets, simply need to invest in the development of this industry. Now we are working on the creation of an IT park - a huge modern building with an area of 20 thousand square meters in the center of Yakutsk. It will become the platform where the IT companies of Yakutia will be accommodated.
Another important area is biotechnology, based on the unique properties of our plants. As you know, the extreme ecological conditions of Yakutia contribute to the increased synthesis of biologically active substances in plants from which medicines and dietary supplements can be manufactured.
- The commercialization of scientific developments is a complex topic. Very often, developers do not know how to make a business out of their idea.
- We are looking for projects that are being implemented not tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow, not in some foreseeable future, but precisely today. For example, last year solid fuel boilers were installed in Yakutia using innovative technology of the upper combustion system, which can significantly reduce fuel costs. This is both savings and free time for those who live in villages. You know, in our villages, people still walk at weddings in turns — not to leave the stove unattended. That is the demand for innovation.
In Russia, there are techno-parks having more than ten years of history, who have grown up businesses with billions in turnover. Over these years, together with our residents, we have achieved specific financial results, we are talking about the growth of turnover by several orders of magnitude. We started much later, but the dynamics at the start showed very impressive.
- Who will be the consumer of Yakut innovations in the future?
- If we want to achieve breakthrough innovations, which we always talk about, then we need to export now. Technopark "Yakutia" received the status of a member of the World Association of Technoparks (IASP), which has the mission to create a global network of technoparks and innovation centers around the world, contributing to their growth and development.
We are interested in implementing export-oriented projects, since they are not limited in terms of investments. The first export contract was signed by us last year for the supply of nanocomposite additives to chicken and fish feeds in China, which help to assimilate food. Our product is very in demand: the increase in the weight of the bird can be from 12% to 18%.
- At some of the residents of Technopark "Yakutia" the deadline of the program is coming to an end. Are they ready for release and work outside of incubation?
- We will have the first graduates next year. We wondered where they would go, where they would be "planted out of the greenhouse"? We found this solution in the implementation of the industrial park, which will give them, on the one hand, comfortable conditions, on the other - they will already be on the market. "Industrial Park Kangalassy" received support at the federal level, the Russian government assigned it the status of the territory of advanced development. Some of our residents, such as Sakha Lipsnele, a producer of long-life boilers, Bigeye, have already received the status of a resident of the TOP and have started building their enterprises on the site of an industrial park. Administrative preferences and tax incentives, which they receive as residents of the TOP, give a good impetus to business. For example, Saha Lipsnele was able to import production equipment without paying import duties. This is a significant saving. In the days of the forum, by the way, this enterprise - the first in our TOP - will work.
No less important is the fact that the residents of the Technopark are developing outside Yakutia. A very important role here is played by the presence of the Skolkovo branch in the Far East. We are actively interacting, today 5 Yakut companies have received the status of residents of Skolkovo.