This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Yegor Borisov: for 7 years we attracted 1,5 trillion investments in Yakutia
The head of Yakutia - about the need to create a world center for the study of mammoths, how the republic attracts investors and what development projects the region will carry to the Eastern Economic Forum
- At a recent meeting with Vladimir Putin, you raised the issue of creating a mammoth study center in Yakutia. What are the goals of this project?
- The bowels of Yakutia are natural storerooms, where over the past two centuries not only remains of mammoths have been found, but also other animals of the ice age: prehistoric bison, horses, cave lions and rhinos. Thanks to permafrost, these finds have come to us in very good condition. The creation of the Center will allow scientists to explore in detail the vast array of information that carries data about the geological epoch, landscapes, and climate. By the way, not only Russian scientists, but also specialists from Korea, France, and Japan show interest in this topic.
The developed concept of the mammoth center concept includes an international institute of scientific research in the field of archeology and paleontology with a repository of unique exhibits, an exhibition of mammoths and other fossils, an interactive paleozone for both children and adults, an exhibition of visual paleontological and archaeological excavations.
- How can the unique weather conditions of Yakutia be used for scientific and economic purposes?
- Cold is a unique phenomenon that can store many things for many, many years. Today we have built the only cryo-storage facility in Russia, which we use to store endangered plant species. Thanks to the cold and permafrost, the cryogenic storage does not require any additional energy.
Speaking about economic projects, Yakutia can become a platform for testing any materials for cold resistance - to conduct full-scale tests for certification of materials with a minimum of costs. This is especially true for aircraft construction, where metals are tested at temperatures up to minus 50-60 degrees Celsius.
Do not forget that cold can also be a source of energy. And today we need to think about technologies that will allow us to turn the cold into another kind of energy, for example, in electric power.
- How does the republic work to attract investment in the region?
- For seven years we attracted 1,5 trillion rubles of investments into the republic. In 2015, 200 bln. Investments, and this year, taking into account the construction of the "Siberia Power" gas pipeline, 300 billion rubles will be spent. We forecast such a volume.
In general, Yakutia is very attractive for investors, unlike other regions, we have a lot of minerals. We mine diamonds, gold, coal, oil, gas, tin and so on. Today we are trying to comply with the all-Russian agenda: we are working to increase sales of processed products in the total share of sales of mined raw materials. A significant role in this can be played by the development of small and medium-sized businesses.
Now, in order to support small and medium-sized businesses in the region, the territory of advanced development (TOP) "Kangalassy" has been created. This is the only TOP in Russia, where only small and medium-sized enterprises are residents. It is assumed that the priority of the development strategy of Yakutia until the year 2030 will be the support of small and medium-sized enterprises, capable of solving social problems, providing jobs and wages to residents of Yakutia.
- What niche can small and medium-sized businesses occupy in the republic, taking into account the fact that in Yakutia are implemented mainly large projects that are beyond the power of small entrepreneurs?
- These are those industries, niches, which are low-cost in the sale of products. First of all - the jewelry industry, which is traditional for us. Very well began to work in the world market, our companies in the field of IT-technologies, which produce both animated films and programs. Demand for this product is even in the US market. We will develop other types of industries that require intellectual labor and can be realized within the republic or at a minimum cost beyond its borders.
One of the main areas for small and medium business can be agriculture. We have it unique, no one in the world in permafrost conditions develops an agro-industrial complex, and we grow grains, vegetables, potatoes, and are engaged in cattle breeding. We will be more active in helping vegetable and livestock farming in Yakutia, especially since the indigenous population is fully involved in this complex.
- The most important investment project for Yakutia is the construction of a bridge across the Lena. You negotiated with a number of Chinese companies, what is the current status?
- Two Chinese state corporations are interested in implementing the project: SinohydroCorporation, a subsidiary of PowerChina, and the China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC), represented by the subsidiaries of the Bridge Engineering Bureau and the China State Engineering Corporation (CCECC). At the moment, negotiations are still going on. Our partners collect information, analyze these or other technical solutions. We agreed to continue the dialogue within the framework of the Eastern Economic Forum. We assume that this year the work on the selection of the financial model will be completed and the investor will be selected, in 2017, we will begin to develop the project, in 2018-m - to build the transition in order to put it into operation in 2022.
- Has the region started working on documents to create a TOP in South Yakutia? Is there already an understanding of who will be the anchor resident of the territory?
- The creation of a TOP in South Yakutia is a new project of the republic, which we plan to submit to the WEF. The main task of the new TOP is to form a large industrial center for deep processing of natural resources. This is the processing of uranium ore from the Elkon deposit, which Elkon Mining and Metallurgical Combine has developed, apatites of the Seligdarskoye deposit, which is considered to be the largest in the world, an increase in the production and enrichment of the corner of Inaglinsky GOK, as well as the extraction and processing of oil and gas in the Olekminsky district. There is an idea to include in this TOR and timber processing complex.
The Corporation for Development of South Yakutia is currently conducting preparatory work to create a TOP in this region. Within the framework of the WEF, we will see how much business is interested in creating a new territory for advanced development, and on this basis we will make a decision on submitting documents to the Ministry of Regional Development for the creation of a new TOP.
- What projects will Yakutia offer investors at WEF-2016?
- Among the projects - a bridge across the Lena River, the TOR in South Yakutia, the creation of a park of high technologies IT-Park, a comprehensive project for the reconstruction and modernization of the Zhataisk Ship-Repair and Shipbuilding Plant. Projects related to the development of the Yakutia deposits, in particular, to the Taryn gold deposit, and the SakhaPetrol project for oil production and refining in the territory of Yakutia, will be offered.
The last project is very important for Yakutia by the fact that the republic annually consumes 2 million tons of fuel, which gets to us, having traveled almost through the whole country. This is a large and unjustified cost, given that we can produce oil products ourselves and provide them with a republic and avoid colossal transport costs.
In addition, this time we will offer new projects related to the development of small and medium-sized businesses. This is the development of the hotel complex, the market complex, the food market.