This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Yuri Trutnev: the Far East needs to be integrated
Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation, Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Russia in the Far Eastern Federal District, about the emphasis the state places on the development of its eastern territories
- Yuri Petrovich, one of the main aspects of the new state policy in the development of the Far East is the emphasis on attracting private capital to the region. Works?
“What we started with is not an accident.” In order to be able to tackle the social and other burning problems of people, in order to invest in social programs, they must first be earned. And when we earn them, then we will have other opportunities. We are now all throwing it at that. And the most important indicator is that we have 12 rubles of private investment for one budget ruble. This is the most efficient use of budget funds when we put 1 ruble, and 12 rubles were brought to us by investors. Because without this multiplier, we will not win, only by budget means it is impossible to develop the vast territory of the Far East.
- How do you assess the work in the field? Foreigners complain that they do not always understand the TOP regime, and officials cannot explain it.
- From the very beginning, as the task was assigned to us, we did not begin to work within the existing usual procedures. Because if they did, we would have to apologize to the president and the people today, bow to the belt and say that we have not done anything. We immediately assumed that we needed to create a new strategy, new tools and new work practices. It would be strange to hope that we will immediately convert everyone to our faith, that every official throughout the Far East will suddenly suddenly stop living as he did before and will start working exclusively for business, for the development of the economy and the country.
Every official who meets a person with questions about TOP should think not about who and where to send. He should think about how beneficial for the country, how to make sure that the investor does not turn around and go back. Gradually, we turn them into our faith. Governors in the overwhelming majority are our partners. They perfectly understand that we come up with all the tools and support mechanisms not in order to account for it, but for people to live better in their regions.
The Far East is big, Russia is big, and there is a lot of work. We now have government support for the construction of more than 200 enterprises, on the other hand, it is not built in every settlement. And the construction is still only in the first stages. But we see the reaction of people, they understand that there are more and more changes every year. A turning point has already come this year, the outflow of population from the region has practically stopped, which means that we are on the right track.
- The volume of announced investments in the region has already exceeded one trillion rubles. The President signed a new law on tax incentives. How much investment will it be able to attract?
- Unfortunately, the volume of the declared investments means that the investor promised to build the plant, having invested so much in 2016, and in 2017 - so much more. The plant will take five years to build, for example. And if you add up all these investments, you get a trillion. If a trillion were already attracted today, we would feel it. We will definitely attract this trillion and will definitely feel it, but it will still take several years.
Large systems - and the Far East, naturally, is a large system - have a significant reserve of inertia. And when I was entrusted with the responsibility for the development of the Far East, I thought a lot about how long it would take to overcome this inertia. There were different ideas about the timing of this process, but I could have taken the liberty of saying that the locomotive had gone.
- You have been instructed to create a working group for the development of Komsomolsk-on-Amur. It is already known who will enter it and what will it do first of all?
- Komsomolsk-on-Amur is an interesting city where people know how to build good planes. On the other hand, this is a city that has remained aloof from the development of social infrastructure, housing and communal services. Therefore, the president made a decision that the city economy should be adjusted to the level of production and technology that the city has. The federal executive authorities participate in this program, the total amount of investments exceeds 62 billion rubles. Our task is to draw up a schedule: what, when and where will be built. And then we will go according to this schedule. The event has come - they have to build a school, show it. Not built - we are writing a report to the Prime Minister, let's punish the Deputy Minister. A couple of times they were punished, kicked out of work. A new, energetic, smart one came - and we drove on with him.
- You recently returned from Asia. Shows local business interest in the Far East?
- The interest in the Asia-Pacific countries to work in the Far East is growing, and rapidly. Such meetings that I had in Japan, I have never had during my work. The Japanese have demonstrated, in my opinion, a completely new level of interest in cooperation with Russia. I am sure that this was largely the result of a meeting between Prime Minister Abe and President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
- What are the most important directions of investment cooperation between Russia and China?
- It seems to me that there are no the most important directions and there are no the most unimportant ones. We are sometimes told, especially when we start to move, we introduce some new mechanism: "What did you come up with there? Do you really think that due to this you will develop the Far East?" We say: "No, we will not develop only through this. We will develop through the whole variety of instruments, and this is one of them." So it is here.
Food production, logistics, industry - there are many areas that can play a role now. And a lot of details. For example, without changing customs regimes, transport corridors do not work, they are simply not needed. Because the distance will be shorter, and the terms will be longer due to the procedures. Therefore, this entire road - both along the free port, and along the Far Eastern hectare, and according to the development program of the Kuril Islands, and along Komsomolsk-on-Amur, and in many, many other directions - consists of details that must be solved every day. Strictly speaking, such a development management mechanism is needed. We created it within the framework of the Ministry for the Development of the Far East and all related institutions. Now we need to teach him to work to the end, then we will definitely win.
- Do you think the Eastern Economic Forum is becoming a good tradition?
- We have held the Eastern Forum only once so far. But, apparently, all the same, it was also a decision made at the right time in the right place, because it has already become an absolutely expected event. And now, when we invited investors to the Eastern Forum, there were no questions about what it is? what's in the program? The people said: "To Vladivostok? In the fall? Of course, we are going." We are confident that we will have interesting and competitive content. That we will give people information that will help them manage their business, it is better to interact with us. We definitely want to get feedback, because we have ideas, but not everything we do flawlessly, for sure there is something that can be done better.