This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Khabarovsk Territory: the edge of the Seven Wonders
Seven wonders of the Khabarovsk Territory (although in fact there are, of course, many more)
The Khabarovsk Territory, washed by two seas and two straits, is a land where man exists in absolute harmony with the majestic contrasting nature drowning in the bright heavenly light. It is here that the harsh taiga adjoins the thickets of southern grapes, and the diversity of flora and fauna amazes imagination. More and more tourists are rushing to the east of Russia to touch the mysteries of nature and see the wonders of the Khabarovsk Territory with their own eyes. We will present seven miracles, although in reality there are, of course, many more.
About a hundred years ago, stone boulders with carved images were found on the bank of the Amur River near the village of Sikachi-Alan. Sheremetievsky stones, as they are called, according to scientists, number more than 12 thousand years. 147 stones, from afar - ordinary boulders, are scribbled from and to, they can be viewed for hours. But what the ancient masters wanted to say with their inscriptions and drawings is still a mystery. These petroglyphs were preserved very well, which is explained by the proximity of the historical monument to the frontier post: access to "strangers" was always limited not only by natural conditions, which in the Khabarovsk Territory is more the norm, but also the guarding activity of the authorities. The main subjects of "paintings" - hunting and fishing. Among concentric circles and dots, you can see images of animals, snakes, birds, masks ...
Fifteen Shantar islands are located on the outskirts of the Sea of Okhotsk. The climate here is perhaps the most severe in the region. The islands are completely cleared of ice only for two months a year, and sometimes less. In July, it is very likely to see icebergs, and the first snow falls by the end of September. Nature itself protects the infantile purity of these places: it's not easy to get to the islands. But if travelers still decide to overcome all obstacles, their reward will be great: here your rest will not be hampered by numerous tourist groups, you will not forget about the noisy crowd at all, you will not see garbage on the sea or on land. On the islands used to live a few whalers, now - only the staff of the meteorological station. Around only colorful, motley rocks, wild taiga and the sea, living its own, separate life. Probably the most incredible thing is watching the tide in these places. During the ebb and flow, the seabed, with all its wealth, is bare for a few kilometers. But the high tide reaches 7 m at a current speed of 8 nodes, and each time it looks like a breakthrough of a giant dam. A roar from the tide is heard a few kilometers away. The strait between the islands, in which the greatest fluctuations in sea level occur, is not accidentally called the Dangerous. By the time the whales pass by, the fat of the seals is here. On land, too, there is something to see: the rocks of all the colors of the rainbow (this comes out of the soil to the surface of jasper, marble, malachite); Fogs, like clouds, descended to earth, and the richest fauna. Paradise for photographers! Island landscapes vary depending on the season. So, in the summer steep rocks drop dozens of waterfalls (by October they already cease to function).
The island of Toki is located in the Tatar Strait, between the mainland and the island of Sakhalin. On the island, the seals of the lagga, or the variegated seals, spend their leisure time. Their distinguishing feature is an unusually bright, mottled, spotted fur. The males reach a length of 1,7 m, females - 1,6 m. The rookeries of seals on the island of Toki are so numerous that the sound of the surf is lost behind the roar of the animals. Seals of the lagg are very shy and do not endure human society, so you will have to work hard on camouflage and inconspicuous movement through the thick grass. But the game is worth the candle! The island is a private reserve and is included in the list of specially protected natural sites. In the two-kilometer zone around it, fishing, hunting, shipping and any other economic activity are prohibited. However, tourists can freely visit these places. In recent years, free tours around the island for all comers have begun.
Lighthouse in Sovetskaya Gavan
Today, this beacon bears the name of the "Red Partisan" in honor of the forest fighters shot during the Civil War, but its history began in the XIX century, when the emperor issued a decree on the construction of a lighthouse on the promontory of St. Nicholas, at the entrance to the bay. The reason for this was the shipwreck in 1893, which lost its orientation in the fog and sat on the rocks. The main construction work was carried out in 1896 year, they involved 300 people - mostly exiled from Sakhalin Island, as well as hired workers from Japan and Korea. The new lighthouse met all the technological standards of its time: the French crystal lenses provided the power of light in 15 thousand candles. Incredibly, these very same lenses are still in use today. Until 1945 year on the lighthouse stood the wicked gun that gave the last two volleys 2 September in honor of the victory over Japan.
Until now, scientists can not come to a common opinion about what the nature of this phenomenon is. Whether majestic pillars were sculpted by a man and they were the object of a cult hundreds, thousands or even millions of years ago, either, like the Nikolayev Pillars, they are the result of seismic processes and arose as a result of an instant eruption or displacement of rocks.
The ancient Nanais had their own explanation of the origin of the unusual mountains. According to legend, the daughter of a local shaman - beautiful Adzi - fell in love with a simple hunter. The father did not consent to the marriage, and the lovers attempted to escape. But the enraged shaman rushed in pursuit, turning into a bear. The shaman and the hunter seized the life and death, but the girl, equally dear to both men, turned with a fiery prayer to the kind spirits, and they stopped the time to prevent the murder. The shaman, the girl and the hunter froze with stone blocks ...
A beautiful legend is contradicted only by the fact that in the valley there are actually more pillars: they would be enough for a small internecine battle. But the epic is an epic - in every culture there must be a place for your Romeo and Juliet.
Komsomolsk-on-Amur is the second largest city in the region. It was built in 30-ies of the last century by the forces of political prisoners, free-hired citizens and detachments of Komsomol activists from the central regions of the USSR. True, thanks to Soviet propaganda, the role of the first two categories of builders for many decades was hidden, and the city in the midst of the taiga not only became Komsomolsk, it also received an unofficial name - the City of Youth. Today it is one of the largest industrial centers of the Far East, based on the enterprises of the military-industrial complex. The city is developing high-tech machinery, oil refining industry, ferrous metallurgy, as well as electric and heat power engineering. During the Soviet period, the city was closed to foreigners, and all enterprises are classified. Thus, the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association named after Yu. A. Gagarin allegedly produced Cosmos bicycles and furniture, and the Amur Shipbuilding Plant - furniture and washing machines. The cultural life of Komsomolsk-on-Amur began at the same time, in 1932 year. It was in the year of the founding of the city itself that the first local club "Udarnik" was laid, though it was a barrack type. Today you can learn more about the history of the city in the Local History Museum. Its employees organize thematic excursions around Komsomolsk, hold seasonal exhibitions, and give lectures.
Annenskaya Mineral Water
Annenskie mineral water is the first resort in the Amur region, it functions from 1866 year. Nowadays it is a sanatorium, where you can have a great rest, as well as undergo a course of treatment with the waters of thermal springs. The temperature in them reaches 53 ° C, the composition is alkaline, slightly mineralized. Those who wish can order mud baths or masks. Indications for treatment are diseases of the joints, peripheral nervous system, skin and gynecological diseases. A children's sanatorium and a balneological clinic work at the waters. The modern resort was founded in the middle of 60-ies of the last century, but before the revolution there was a clinic, in tsarist times - the most popular in the state. Then the patients and tourists got to the "recovery zone" on the steamer across the Amur.