This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"In our region everyone can take place and be happy"
Vladimir the Baptized
- Vladimir Petrovich, a little more than half a year ago, assuming the office of Governor of the Magadan Region, you said: "Our strategic goal is to make the Magadan Region a subsidized region." It is clear that a short period of time has passed, but what first steps have been taken in this direction?
- We started by setting priorities. We have relied on the intensive development of the transport and energy infrastructure and communications, the diversification of the economy and the modernization of the leading sectors of the territory, the creation of innovative industries. In order to get it done, we set about creating a favorable investment climate.
I consider the investment policy to be the basis of the “Strategy for the socio-economic development of the Magadan region until 2030 of the year”. The only question is how to make the work of investors comfortable. You must agree that the decision from above does not ensure stable conditions, complete transparency, understandable and identical for all rules and procedures. With the business community, scientists and public organizations, we have developed an investment strategy for the territory before 2025.
We have good interaction with the Agency for Strategic Initiatives (ASI - прим. ред.), I hope, together we will be able to realize many ideas. I hope that we will also use the mechanisms of the Standard of activity of the executive authorities of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation to ensure a favorable investment climate in the region. Last year we fully implemented it. Now we are forming institutions, improving the tools of investment development of the territory.
We are preparing for the first international Magadan investment fair. In July, welcome to the capital of Kolyma. You will take part in the fair, attend the meeting of the Sub-Commission of the Association of Regional Administrations of the North-East Asian Nations on the development and regulation of mining. And most importantly - feel the amazing atmosphere of our region. Just these days Magadan celebrates 75 anniversary. I think the work of the Social Partnership Fund will be interesting. We created it this year, we are now actively signing agreements with large companies and enterprises. Just a few days ago we agreed on social cooperation with the project institute of OOO Rosspetsproekt. We discussed with the General Director Viktor Savenko the design and construction of modern sports facilities in the region. We try through public-private partnerships to attract investments in all spheres of our life.
- Let's return to the issue of the special economic zone in Magadan. There is no doubt that it will continue, but will its action expand throughout the region?
- We are achieving this. We want the circle of its participants to be wide, the SEZ regime attracted gold miners and fish industrialists, power engineers, transport workers, builders - representatives of all branches of production and spheres of life activity. We were supported by the Government, the bill will be submitted to the State Duma. We are actively working with all the deputies of the relevant committees on all issues, we are counting on 100% support. By the way, we also hope for the abolition of the Government Decree No. 646, which restrained the participation of the main enterprises of the mining industry in the special economic zone.
As for preferences ... The special economic zone, which will operate until the end of the year 2025, provides for benefits for taxes that are credited to the federal budget, as well as land tax and corporate property tax. I think these preferences will attract investors to our region.
- How does the status of the Special Economic Zone differ from the tools and benefits for the field of such innovation of the Ministry of Eastern and Eastern Europe as a priority development area (TOSED)? At the beginning of the summer, the ministry will submit their list. Please tell us about the creation of similar territories in the Magadan region and the direction of their development.
- After commissioning the launch complex of the largest Natalka ore mining and processing enterprise in 2014, it was planned to increase gold production by 8 tons, and after the first stage of GOK production reaches the design capacity, up to 15 tons of gold annually. What will give the development of this project for the region?
- Let's start with the fact that about $ 1,4 billion have already been invested in the Matrosov Mine. And this year Polyus Gold plans to send 11,202 billion rubles to RiMa facilities. In essence, the Natalka mine will be the largest modern enterprise of the gold mining industry both in the region and in the country. This is an innovative production. Now at the pilot industrial plant of the mine mastered the method of photometric separation. By August, the institute of OJSC Irgiredmet will assess how efficiently the pre-enrichment of Natalka’s gold-bearing ore, and indeed of the entire Yano-Kolyma gold ore province, is used. Such innovative technologies in the development and reproduction of the mineral resource base will make it possible, without increasing production, to involve poor and poor ores in processing, and to reduce the volumes of tailings. The profitability of factories will increase. Therefore, we will be able to ensure the competitiveness of the national economy.
Simultaneously with Natalka, the Pavlik gold deposit is also being developed. In 2014, the construction of the factory will be completed here. And then, I think, we will be able to start developing the Igumenovskoye, Rodionovskoye, Degdekanskoye deposits. Along with the mining industry, geology will develop. By the way, we expect to receive two tons more gold this year already than in the 2013 year.
According to economists, Natalka GOK will provide up to 34,5 billion rubles. in gross regional product for the year. And payments to budgets of all levels will amount to 10,5 billion rubles. About 10 thousand jobs will be created. Only Natalka plans to use 2,5 thousand workers. Agree, it will attract people to the Far East and the Extreme Northeast, and at the same time investors and investments.
In addition, we intend to actively develop transport logistics and energy infrastructure.
- At the end of 2013, the Ust-Srednekanskaya hydroelectric power station was the first to generate electric power. What are the prospects for increasing the power capacity generated by this hydropower plant, and what is the effect on the development of the regional economy in the future?
- From 2017, the Ust-Srednekanskaya HPP will produce 142,5 megawatts, in 2019 it will reach its design capacity - 570 megawatts. In 2020, hydropower construction will be completed. In parallel, high-voltage power lines are being built on 220 kW "Orotukan - Tent - Central" and overhead lines 110 / 35 kW "Tent - Sokol - Central", which will ensure a reliable supply of electric energy to the regional center, Sokol, Uptar, Olu, Khasynsky district. In the future, we plan to build Ust-Omchug-Omchak OTL-220 with the construction of a substation in Omchak and the reconstruction of a substation in Ust-Omchug for the energy supply of the territory of advanced development of the region - enterprises engaged in the development of deposits of the Yano-Kolyma gold ore province. And in order to provide electricity to the Omeolon hub of Polymetal, and later to go to the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) and Chukotka, we will extend high-voltage lines to Magadan-Palatka-Seymchan. By the way, energy will also be needed by the created coal complex of the Omsukchansky basin. It will include several coal mines, an all-season road from Omsukchan to the North-Evensk district, a coal terminal in the Pestraya Dresva bay area.
For the Magadan Region, the effect of launching the Ust-Srednekanskaya HPP is not only to produce a large amount of electricity, which will allow the territory to develop intensively, but also in a multiple increase in the reliability of the region's energy system.
- In this regard, will the deposits of iron ore and lead be developed? Do you plan to hold contests for the Oroek copper deposit license this year?
- Diversification of the mining industry is undoubtedly a priority for the development of the region. At the beginning of 2014, we conducted an auction for geological research, exploration and mining of zinc, lead, silver, copper, iron and cadmium in the Kunarevskaya prospective area. Now we are working on options for the geological study of objects of the South Omolon iron-ore region and other promising areas of the subsoil, including the Oreok ore occurrence. I think it will be possible to include it in the list of subsoil plots offered for use.
- Vladimir Petrovich, at the UN session an agreement was signed, according to which the enclave in the Sea of Okhotsk with an area of 52 thousand square meters. Km passed into the jurisdiction of Russia, making the Sea of Okhotsk the inland sea of the Russian Federation. What additional economic impulse and new opportunities will this give to the development of the economy of the Magadan Region and the entire Far East?
- Recognition of the enclave in the middle of the Okhotsk Sea as part of the Russian continental shelf really opens up new prospects for our economy. We associate them with the increase in the oil and gas potential of the region, with the licensing of the Magadan-4 site, with the intensive continuation of work on the licensed areas of Magadan-1,2,3.
- Development of oil fields on the shelf of the Sea of Okhotsk is one of the important priorities in the program for the development of the mineral resource complex. Enterprises developing the Magadan-1, -2, -3 deposits are established by Rosneft and foreign investors. Has this pool of investors been created and enshrined in contracts, and when are projects expected to start? Will these enterprises be registered in the Magadan region to pay taxes to the regional budget?
- You are absolutely right. We have begun to implement these projects. Last year, RN-Shelf-Far East carried out geophysical (seismic) work in the water area of the Sea of Okhotsk within the license areas of Magadan-1, Magadan-2 and Magadan-3. Now preparing for engineering and geological research. It is planned to drill a well in the area of perspective structures "Dukchinskaya" and "Shelikanskaya". In 2016, search drilling will start already.
In the geological study of the Magadan-1 site, the Norwegian company Statoil ASA is a partner of Rosneft. The agreement on cooperation on the Magadan-2 and 3 sites was signed with the Japanese company INPEX.
Of course, we are interested in registering enterprises in the territory of the Magadan Region. For the first ten days of June, in cooperation with CJSC RN-Shelf-Far East, they planned negotiations with all departments and potential contractors. We will discuss the issues related to the further development of geological exploration work on the Primagadan shelf.
- The Magadan Region is a region whose environmental problems need special attention. What environmental programs operate in the area?
Another problem of the territory is abandoned villages. There are quite a few of them all over Kolyma: the “extra people” policy in the North, the massive outflow of the population in the 1990s, the liquidation of unpromising settlements have affected. We hope, thanks to the state programs "Natural Resources and Ecology of the Magadan Region" for 2014 - 2020 years "and" Ecological safety and environmental protection of the Magadan Region "for 2009-2015 years", we will cope with this disaster. In addition, we are constantly looking for smart technologies to reduce the negative impact of all industries on the environment, we demand environmentally responsible activities from production workers.
- At the last year's St. Petersburg Economic Forum, an agreement was signed between JSC RusHydro, RAO Energy Systems of the East and Japanese company Kawasaki Heavy Industries on the construction of an enterprise for the production of liquid hydrogen. How are things going with this project?
- According to the legislation, in anticipation of the construction of such enterprises as a plant for the production of liquefied hydrogen, must pass public hearings. Environmental and public organizations, residents are involved in discussions. Conducted environmental assessment. While the investment project for the construction of a liquefied hydrogen plant is under discussion, we are working on infrastructure projects, the transportation of finished products, and exploring sales markets.
- How does the Magadan region see its contribution to the development of the Northern Sea Route project? How and when is it planned to modernize the seaport of Magadan?
We are beginning to modernize the Magadan Sea Port as a base in the Far East. This directly correlates with our Strategy until 2025, the strategy of social and economic development of the Far Eastern and Baikal regions for the same period, as well as the transport strategy of Russia until the year 2030.
We create conditions for the inflow of investments, improve the transport and energy infrastructure of the region. Sea transport serves for us not only an indicator of the business activity of the Magadan Region, but also its catalyst in all areas of activity. We are well aware of the advantages of the geographical location, size, meteorological and hydrological conditions of the Magadan sea port, its potential and international status fade into the background without upgrading the “sea gate” of Kolyma.
Last year we made a decision on the reconstruction of hydraulic structures, agreed on a technical task for berths No.4 and 5. Today we are completing the design and starting the reconstruction of the fourth pier. In the year 2015 we will deal with a specialized pier for the processing of large containers. We are determined that in 2016, both berths with adjacent operational sites will be put into operation. In this case, the port's cargo turnover will increase to 3 million tons.
- Recently it became known that the authorities of the Magadan region are preparing documents for the appeal to the government of the country on the recognition at the federal level of the closing 11 villages of the region. The social sphere in the entire Far East is “the territory of problems” ...
“As soon as the Far East from the promising regions will become truly comfortable for life in terms of its potential, it will immediately cease to be considered a“ problem area ”. Well-established life, decent work, the opportunity to get a good education, plus a high level of social development, security and confidence in the future ... What else does a person need? Believe me, it is no coincidence that the Far East is determined by Russia's priority for the twenty-first century.
With the resettlement of northerners from the closing villages without state support can not cope. 50 million rubles budgeted in the budget 2014 year, obviously not enough. Glad we found understanding in the Government. At the moment, a federal target program is being developed for the closing villages.
And in order to reduce the outflow of population from the region, it is necessary to turn the Far North into a territory with a strong economy, an attractive social sphere - promising and comfortable for life in all respects. That is why we also relied on an economic breakthrough, an active investment and fundamentally new personnel policy. We create an educational environment that will allow the Magadan region to integrate into the global knowledge economy. A high level of basic knowledge of young people, modern specialties focused on innovative development, will give an opportunity to position Kolyma in the Russian and world economy. Soon we will have a regional center for training personnel for an innovative economy. The region adopted a state program for the development of regional education until 2020. We took into account all trends, bottlenecks and opportunities in the near future to become an independent, independent, strong region and raise standards of life. Even outwardly we are striving to change our living space. Announced 2014-th Year of improvement. The north is our home, and it is important that he rejoices both the soul and the eye. There is little sense if people are not proud of a small homeland.
- What is being done to ensure that people stay in the region, have children, receive education, and work successfully?
- In the region, measures are envisaged to support young professionals, options for securing staff in various sectors of the economy and the social sphere. For example, mortgage lending to young teachers of general education organizations, provision of housing for doctors who come to the region ...
In addition, we refused to introduce social norms for electricity, and for quite some time the northerners did not pay bills for general household needs. We subsidize air transportation within the region and on a number of Russian routes. The region has developed a system of various social benefits. Even social taxis and social canteens are there.
- At the meeting with the Ukrainian compatriot Kolyma-Slavutich you said that the Magadan Region is ready to support compatriots in Ukraine and the region is ready to accept on its land everyone who wants to move. How successful is the state program "Rendering assistance to the voluntary resettlement of compatriots living abroad" in the Magadan Region at 2014-2017? " What is the motivation of citizens moving from Ukraine to the Magadan Region? How does it differ from the motivation that was in Soviet times? After all, you yourself were born and spent your childhood and youth in Ukraine?
Indeed, I was born and raised in Ukraine. There also began my work biography, and then I came to the Far East and never regretted it. With all my heart I love our land. I think my compatriots will appreciate the atmosphere, the sincerity of human relations in the North and the opportunities that this land opens. Everyone will be able to take place here, achieve the desired, be happy.