This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Specialization of the terminal improves the quality of stevedore services
Anatoly Lazarev on the development of the stevedoring business of the Far East
At the session of the Eastern Economic Forum, dedicated to the development of the port industry of the Russian Federation, Anatoly Lazarev, Managing Director of Vostochny Port JSC, presented an investment project for the construction of the Third Stage - a new specialized Coal Terminal in Vostochny Port in Wrangel Bay (Nakhodka City District, Primorsky Territory) to the business community Russia and Asia-Pacific countries.
He spoke about the work of one of the largest stevedores in Russia - the company, JSC "Vostochny PortPort", which sets the pace of development of all ports in the Far East and about the construction of the third stage - a new specialized coal terminal in the port of Vostochny, he told in an interview with the East Russia news agency
- The construction of the future third stage of the specialized coal complex began in November 2012. The project involves the creation of four warehouses with a total capacity of up to 800 thousand tons of cargo, a system of conveyor equipment with a station for unloading wagons, as well as a complex of equipment for processing coal products in winter, which has no analogues in Russia. It is planned to commission a start-up complex with a design capacity of up to 10 million tons of coal per year in 2017. Subsequently, the new terminal will surpass in performance the existing coal complex of our company. According to preliminary estimates, after the completion of the full-scale construction of the Third Stage, the total throughput of Vostochny Port Joint Stock Company will increase to 2019 million tons of coal per year in 39.
The total cost of the project being implemented is about 20 billion rubles, this is the company's own funds. Currently, the investment project has been implemented by more than 50%, project documents have been developed, all necessary permits have been obtained, including environmental and Glavgosexpertiza.
- How interested is your company in the participation of the state in the project? Are you considering the possibility of cooperation in the framework of a public-private partnership?
- We are interested in the participation of the state in the creation of an external railway park. There is a federal project “Development of the Vostochny - Nakhodka transport hub”.
We made a proposal to government agencies to participate in the implementation of the third stage project. Construction and reconstruction of railway infrastructure at the expense of federal funds will help not only Vostochny Port, but also other local stevedoring companies. In addition, the third stage of the specialized coal complex is not only an investment, but also a socially significant project for the entire region: it creates new jobs, increases tax payments to the state treasury.
The implementation of our investment project will allow us to create up to four hundred and fifty new jobs in Primorye and increase the volume of tax payments to the budget of the Russian Federation up to 2 billion rubles. in year,
After the completion of the full-scale construction option, the throughput capacity of Vostochny Port JSC will increase to 2020 million tons of coal per year by 39.
- What awaits the stevedoring services market in the near future?
- Gone are the days when it was enough to put a crane on a slightly equipped berth - and you can call yourself a stevedore. Now it is no longer enough to unload coal from the car and load it onto the ship. A competitive stevedore today is one that offers additional services for storage, cleaning of cargo, bringing coal to the contractual fraction and, if necessary, bringing it into a free-flowing state (this applies to frozen cargo in winter). Today everything is focused on specialization. Firstly, the cost of work at specialized terminals designed to work with a certain type of cargo is lower than at universal complexes. Secondly, specialization is the ability to provide additional services and improve the quality of cargo. Enterprises meeting these requirements will grow in the near future. For example, Vostochny PortPort is currently updating its port fleet: we have bought new tugs that can operate in difficult weather conditions. Thus, the shipowner, with increased wind loads, does not waste time when idle in the roads. At the same time, we are creating our own pilotage service, which will also allow us to speed up work with the fleet.
I have no doubt that the implementation of our investment project presented at the forum is in demand. The launch of the Third Stage will be a significant contribution to the increase in trade with the Asia-Pacific countries.
What are the results of the Eastern Economic Forum for the Eastern Port?
- Presenting at the forum the project for the construction of the third stage of the coal loading complex, we are undoubtedly interested in the development of the Vostochny - Nakhodka transport hub and we will be glad if there are those willing to invest in the projects of our main partner - Russian Railways. The forum itself is a kind of indicator of the government's focus on giving investors of any scale the opportunity to enter the territory and work with the resource that is, use it 100%.
In addition, at the EEF, agreements were signed with OJSC MC Kuzbassrazrezugol, which is part of the UMMC, and with AO SUEK, on interaction and cooperation in organizing coal transshipment and railroad transportation, improving cargo handling technology, transportation and information exchange. In 2016, Kuzbassrazrezugol plans to transport 12 million tons of coal through the Vostochny port, and by 2020 will increase this volume to 15 million tons.
What is more important, within the framework of the EEF, we signed a memorandum with Marubeni Corporation (Japan) on the supply of two ship-loading machines, just for the third stage of the coal complex under construction.
Venues such as the WEF give entrepreneurs the opportunity to convey their business projects to the public. Residents of Primorye know the peculiarities of the region, know its specifics, know how to use local resources. What awaits Primorye after the WEF depends on whether we, Primorye residents, can correctly present our ideas.
JSC "VOSTOCHNY PORT" IS THE LARGEST STEVEDORING COMPANY IN RUSSIA, WHICH IS SPECIALIZED IN THE TRANSFER OF STONE COAL. THE STRUCTURE OF THE ENTERPRISE INCLUDES TWO PRODUCTION INDUSTRIAL Transshipment Complexes. FIRST - THE ONLY SPECIALIZED COAL COMPLEX WITH A CONVEYOR EQUIPMENT SYSTEM AND A WAGON UNLOADING STATION IN PRIMORSKY REGION. AUTOMATION LEVEL REACHES 98,9%. TRANSFER CAPACITY - 14,2 MILLION TONS PER YEAR. SECOND - UNIVERSAL INDUSTRIAL LOADING COMPLEX, SPECIALIZED IN GRAPPLE CARGO TRANSPORTATION. ITS CAPACITY IS 3 MILLION TONS PER YEAR. BASIC CARGO - STONE COAL MINED IN KUZBASS. IN 2014, EXPORT COAL AMOUNTED 98% OF THE TOTAL CARGO TURNOVER OF THE STEVEDORING COMPANY, LESS THAN 2% COMMITTED FOR CABLE COAL.
According to the results of work in 2014, the Vostochny Port company with an annual turnover of 21,84 million tons (this is about 19% of the cargo turnover of all coal ports in Russia) again became the largest coal terminal in Russia for transshipment of coal products
The third stage of the Vostochny Port Coal Complex is a mirror image of the existing specialized production and handling complex Ugolny.
On a site with an area of almost 54 hectares, taking into account the artificial land plot, all the necessary railway infrastructure will be created from scratch. It will also house four warehouses equipped with two stackers and four reclaimers. The total area of one-time storage is about 800 thousand tons of cargo. Just like at the existing complex, there are car defrosting devices for simultaneous heating of 80 gondola cars, a system of conveyor equipment and two tandem rotary car dumpers. Two powerful ship-loading machines will be installed at the deep-water berth, designed to receive vessels with a deadweight of 180 thousand tons.
At the end of 2014, Vostochny Port JSC was recognized as the Best Stevedoring Company in Russia and Company of the Year in Primorye. The enterprise is one of the largest taxpayers in the region and is included in the register of socially responsible companies in Primorsky Krai. The number of employees is 1700 people, with the launch of the Third Stage of the Coal Complex, the total number of personnel will exceed 2000 people.
The sole executive body of Vostochny Port JSC is Port Management Company LLC.