This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Shinzo Abe: You can not allow challenges to the world order
Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe intends to solve the problems of the world community, such as the confrontation between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the war in Syria, the "Islamic state" and many others, in the necessary, from his point of view, constructive cooperation with Russia
Lionel Barber, Katsuyoshi Kindo:
- Japan will chair the G7 summit in Iseshima. What message will Tokyo send to the world?
Shinzo Abe: The G7 Summit is a place where champions are gathered for freedom, democracy, respect for human rights, the rule of law and universal values. I would like to discuss frankly such problems as the world economy, which is becoming increasingly non-transparent, terrorism, the situation in the DPRK, the Middle East problem, extremism, security, diplomacy, climate change and poverty. I would also like to talk about combating discrimination against women, high-quality infrastructure and health care. It is necessary to discuss these problems and develop the right direction in which the world must move. It is important to lead the world for yourself.
- Are you going to visit Moscow? Is it time to involve President Putin?
- In order to solve such problems of the world community as the confrontation between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the war in Syria, the Islamic State and many others, constructive cooperation with Russia is necessary. After the end of World War II, 70 years passed, but Russia and Japan have not yet signed a peace treaty. I would like to settle the territorial problem and develop negotiations on the signing of a peace treaty. I would also like to discuss my visit to Russia and the arrival of President Putin to Japan at the most appropriate time.
- There is an opinion that the US and China will control the order in the Pacific.
- The control of the region in the G2 format is a very old approach: it reminds of how France and the United Kingdom controlled Africa and the Middle East.
- China has built artificial islands in the South China Sea. Buildings began to appear there. Will this threaten the security of the South China Sea?
- I am concerned not only about the unilateral change in the status quo in the South China Sea, but also about the fact that China is developing the natural resources in the East China Sea unilaterally. We must not be allowed to challenge the world order. It is necessary to declare this to the whole world community. China says that it will not build military bases on the islands. Words need to be confirmed by actions.
- Can there be a collapse of the Chinese economy? Do you worry about the devaluation of the Chinese currency?
- The Chinese economy has a huge impact on different countries. Chinese stocks and currency are not stable, but the Chinese economy as a whole is developing at a steady pace. China is trying to join the international economy by joining the World Trade Organization (WTO). It is important that China act in accordance with international economic rules.
- So you are optimistic about the Chinese economy?
- Conversations about the crisis of the Chinese economy were conducted repeatedly, but China managed to overcome these crises. The PRC is making efforts to increase the transparency of the economy. I hope that Beijing will continue to act in the same spirit. I hope that he will not treat my expectations negatively.
- The nuclear tests of the DPRK shocked the world. What do you prefer: pressure through increased sanctions or dialogue based on diplomatic efforts?
- The nuclear tests of the DPRK are contrary to the UN Security Council resolution. The DPRK must understand that it has no future. Effective measures should be included in the new resolution. Japan will tighten sanctions. This is our response to nuclear testing. We respond to the action by opposition.
- The introduction of tougher sanctions may adversely affect the problem of abduction of Japanese citizens by the DPRK. Do you intend to visit the DPRK to resolve this issue?
"We are ready to act flexibly to solve the problem of kidnapping Japanese citizens." At the same time, we just opened the heavy door of negotiations with the DPRK. We have not yet agreed on my visit to the DPRK and the meeting with its head. So far there are no such plans at all.
- At the end of last year, Japan and Kazakhstan reached an agreement on the problem of sexual violence during the Second World War. Will you donate one billion yen to the Korean government fund, even if South Korea does not remove the little girl’s memorial from the Japanese Embassy in Seoul?
- The problem of sexual violence was a thorn in Japanese-Korean relations. It is good that President Park Geun-hye and I were able to completely and irrevocably resolve it in
- When will we manage to avoid deflation? Can you accomplish this task by the year 2018, when the new head of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan (the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan) will be elected?
- There is no developed country that could completely escape from deflation, which lasted about 20 years. We are the first to try to do this. The authorities managed in a short period to create a situation in which deflation has not yet been observed. The Japanese have confidence that the country will be able to develop again. At the same time, one can not speak of a complete withdrawal from deflation. We continue to carry out reforms, reducing to 20% taxes for legal entities.
- Do you think it is necessary for the Bank of Japan to conduct additional monetary and credit liberalization under conditions in which growth prospects are vague?
- The head of the Bank of Japan Haruhiko Kuroda (Haruhiko Kuroda) is ready to take any measures in order to get rid of deflation. The government and the Bank of Japan will make every effort to do this.
- Will Japan fulfill its obligations, even if the Korean parliament does not support the agreement on the problem of sexual violence?
- Both I and the President of Kazakhstan will fulfill their promises. We are in a confidential relationship with President Pak Kun Hye. It's important to respect each other and fulfill your promises.
The material is published on the website inosmi.ru 20.01.2016
Original publication: source