This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Shinzo Abe: You can not allow challenges to the world order
Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe intends to solve the problems of the world community, such as the confrontation between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the war in Syria, the "Islamic state" and many others, in the necessary, from his point of view, constructive cooperation with Russia
Lionel Barber, Katsuyoshi Kindo:
- Japan will chair the G7 summit in Iseshima. What message will Tokyo send to the world?
Shinzo Abe: The G7 Summit is a gathering place for champions of freedom, democracy, respect for human rights, rule of law and universal values. I would like to frankly discuss issues such as the increasingly opaque world economy, terrorism, the situation in the DPRK, the Middle East problem, extremism, security, diplomacy, climate change and poverty. I would also like to talk about combating discrimination against women, high quality infrastructure and healthcare. It is necessary to discuss these issues and work out the right direction in which the world should move. It is important to lead the world.
- Are you going to visit Moscow? Is it time to involve President Putin?
- In order to solve such problems of the world community as the confrontation between Iran and Saudi Arabia, the war in Syria, the Islamic State and many others, constructive cooperation with Russia is necessary. 70 years have passed since the end of World War II, but Russia and Japan have not yet signed a peace treaty. I would like to settle the territorial problem and develop negotiations on the signing of a peace treaty. I would also like to discuss my visit to Russia and the visit of President Putin to Japan at the most appropriate time.
- There is an opinion that the order in the Pacific Ocean will be controlled by the United States and China.
- Region control in the G2 format is a very old approach: it resembles how it used to be France and Britain controlled Africa and the Middle East.
- China has built artificial islands in the South China Sea. Buildings began to appear there. Will this become a threat to the security of the South China Sea?
- I am concerned not only with the unilateral change in the status quo in the South China Sea, but also that China is developing natural resources in the East China Sea unilaterally. You must not be allowed to challenge the world order. It is necessary to declare this to the entire world community. China says it will not build military bases on the islands. Words must be confirmed by actions.
- Could the Chinese economy collapse? Are you worried about the devaluation of the Chinese currency?
- The Chinese economy has a huge impact on various countries. Chinese stocks and currencies are not stable, but overall, the Chinese economy is developing at a steady pace. China is trying to join the international economy by joining the World Trade Organization (WTO). It is important for China to act in accordance with international economic rules.
- So you are optimistic about the Chinese economy?
- There have been many talks about the crisis in the Chinese economy, but China has managed to overcome these crises. The PRC is making efforts to improve the transparency of the economy. I hope Beijing continues to do the same. I hope that he will not take my expectations negatively.
- The DPRK's nuclear tests shocked the world. Which do you prefer: pressure through increased sanctions or dialogue based on diplomatic efforts?
- The DPRK's nuclear tests contradict the UN Security Council resolution. The DPRK must understand that it has no future. Effective measures must be included in the new resolution. Japan will tighten sanctions. This is our answer to nuclear testing. We respond to action by reaction.
- The introduction of tougher sanctions may negatively affect the problem of abducting Japanese citizens by the DPRK. Do you intend to visit the DPRK to resolve this problem?
“We are ready to act flexibly to solve the problem of the kidnapping of Japanese citizens. At the same time, we only opened the difficult door of negotiations with the DPRK. We have not yet agreed on my visit to the DPRK and a meeting with its head. There are no such plans yet.
- At the end of last year, Japan and the ROK reached an agreement on the problem of sexual violence during the Second World War. Will you provide one billion yen to the Korean government fund even if South Korea does not remove the memorial to the little girl at the Japanese Embassy in Seoul?
- The problem of sexual abuse was a thorn in Japanese-Korean relations. It's good that President Park Geun-hye and I managed to finally and irrevocably settle it in
- When will it be possible to get away from deflation? Will you be able to fulfill this task by 2018, when the new head of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan (LDPJ) is elected?
- There is not a single developed country that could completely get away from deflation, which lasted for about 20 years. We are the first to try to do this. In a short period of time, the authorities managed to create a situation in which deflation has not yet been observed. The Japanese are confident that the country will be able to develop again. At the same time, we cannot yet speak of a complete departure from deflation. We continue to carry out reforms, reducing taxes for legal entities by up to 20%.
- Do you think the Bank of Japan needs to carry out additional monetary liberalization in an environment where growth prospects are dim?
- Head of the Bank of Japan Haruhiko Kuroda is ready to go to any lengths to get rid of deflation. The government and the Bank of Japan will make every effort to do so.
- Will Japan fulfill its obligations even if the Korean parliament does not support an agreement on the issue of sexual violence?
- Both I and the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan will keep our promises. We are in a relationship of trust with President Park Geun-hye. It's important to respect each other and keep your promises.
The material is published on the website inosmi.ru 20.01.2016
Original publication: source