This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
With the launch of Amethyst gold mining will double
Vasily PrijdunMinister of Natural Resources and Ecology of Kamchatka Krai
- Vasily Ivanovich, what are the prospects for the development of the mining industry in Kamchatka today?
- There are several mining and processing plants in Kamchatka today - Aginsky GOK, Asachinsky GOK. Gold mining is gradually increasing on the peninsula. If in 2013 we managed to produce 2,47 tons of gold, then in 8 months of this year we have already stepped over this level, by the end of the year we plan to reach 2,8 tons. In the near future, in the north of the Kamchatka Territory, Amethystovy GOK will be launched. It is planned that in the first year of operation it will be able to produce about 3-4 tons of gold per year. The stock of gold-bearing ore in the warehouses of ZAO Ametistovoe has already been formed, and as soon as the factory is launched, work there will begin at full capacity. In addition, an investment project has been developed to start developing small deposits located next to Ametistov. However, geological exploration will require road construction.
- Except the roads, what else hinders the development of the mining industry in Kamchatka?
- What support from the state can investors expect to support projects in the peninsula?
- We have prepared a draft law that provides tax incentives for property for mining companies. This will enable enterprises to spend the released money for geological exploration, which will increase the resource base.
- A promising direction of development of the mineral and raw materials complex on the peninsula is also coal mining. Here, how are things going?
- The reserves of coal in Kamchatka are more than 250 million tons. And these are only those that we know about today. If you make additional geological exploration, you can find as many more. For example, large deposits of coal are concentrated in the Krutogorovsky deposit. However, it is located in remote areas. If there is an investor ready to take on this project, we will be able to supply coal even outside the Kamchatka region.