Irkutsk
Ulan-Ude

Blagoveshchensk
Chita
Yakutsk

Birobidzhan
Vladivostok
Khabarovsk

Magadan
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Anadyr
Petropavlovsk-
Kamchatsky
Moscow

This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.

Fish temptation

Japanese concern Mitsui is ready to invest in fish processing on Sakhalin

Fish temptation

At the end of 2013, the Sakhalin Region became the leader among the Far Eastern regions in attracting foreign investment: it accounted for almost half (48,6%) of all investments in the economy of the Far Eastern Federal District from abroad. At the same time, oil and gas production quite naturally "collected" almost 98% of all foreign capital. The remaining 2% accounts for forestry, fish, and other areas. And among these investment deals are also significant for the region, such as the recent decision of the Japanese company Mitsui to invest in the construction of a fish processing complex in the region.

“Sakhalin is a leader in the Far East in attracting foreign investment, while Japan has become a leader in investment for us. Last year, 12 states invested in the economy of the Sakhalin Region, with more than 40% of the funds invested by Japan. And, in turn, Mitsui is one of the main investors representing our neighboring state, - says Alexey Bayandin, a specialist in the Sakhalin Oblast government apparatus. - The main area of ​​interest of the company in Sakhalin until now has remained oil and gas production - within the framework of the Sakhalin-2 project, which Mitsui is engaged in together with other major Russian and foreign investors. And just recently, negotiations were held in the regional government with representatives of the Russian branch of the company - Mitsui & Co., Ltd .. They discussed plans to build several fish breeding and fish processing industries in our region. It was about investments of about $ 100 million. In addition, the prospects of cooperation with the Japanese side were discussed in other sectors - aviation, energy, agriculture, etc. "

The said amount is $ 100 million - the total estimated investment in the "fish" sector of Sakhalin from Japanese investors. As explained in the representation of the company "Mitsui", exactly how they will be distributed and which enterprises will be built - at the moment it is being decided: it is too early to speak about any specific parameters of the partnership with absolute certainty.

“Right now, the formation of specific parameters of cooperation on this project - the construction and development of fish breeding and fish processing industries - is under way,” an employee of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., told EastRussia.ru. in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Sergey Bondaryuk. - The company's experts are currently studying the market, considering various construction sites, getting acquainted with the infrastructure capabilities of the region, etc. Based on the analysis, the project parameters will be determined more specifically. Soon it will be decided which enterprises will be built and where. "

Let us note once again: we are talking about the construction of a whole complex of enterprises. However, according to one project, co-investor of which will be the company Mitsui, clarity still exists; Moreover - and the work is very active. This is a joint project with the Sakhalin fish breeding and fish processing enterprise "Tunaicha" to modernize production and open new lines and workshops. The investment in it will be $ 35 million. It involves the construction of a ketovy slave-processing plant for 20 million pieces of young, introduction of modern technologies, thanks to which the volumes of bioresources processing will grow many times, the construction of an industrial refrigerator for 5 thousand tons of storage and a shop for processing fish waste.

As noted in the government of the region, this project will become a kind of benchmark for the development of the industry as a whole.

“Today we are ready to reach a new level of cooperation with Japan in the fishing industry. It is not only about expanding the export of fish and seafood to Japan, but also about the creation in the region of industries related to the development of aquaculture, fish and seafood processing. This is a qualitatively new level of bilateral cooperation, "said the Governor of the Sakhalin Region Alexander Khoroshavin during negotiations with Mitsui & Co., Ltd.

May 15: current information on coronavirus in the Far East
Digest of regional events and latest statistics