This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Development of the transport complex is an important direction of Yakutia"
Minister of Transport and Roads of the Republic Vladimir Sivtsev - on the main projects and problems of the industry
The most important and high-profile transport project in Yakutia is the construction of the Lensky Bridge. However, the republic is also ready to join the alliance of Far Eastern airlines and develop other projects in the field of roads and transport. The Minister of Transport and Roads of the Republic Vladimir Sivtsev spoke about them and the main problems of the industry.
- Due to the specifics and features of Yakutia, the transport industry requires increased attention and a special approach. Tell us about the most pressing problems that you faced during the period of work?
- The transport industry is a very large and diverse economy. It includes different directions, many people are involved. Various projects are being implemented in various directions, a large amount of funds are being channeled, starting from the construction of roads, airports, railways, reconstruction of the runway. Preparation of investment projects, construction of bridges along the Vilyui highway, reconstruction of an international terminal, a bridge across the Lena. In general, a vast industry that needs to be devoted 24 hours a day.
The events of this year primarily affected the sharp drop in income: the pandemic due to the coronavirus infection affected the financial and economic activities of enterprises. Indicators of passenger traffic in the aviation industry fell. We are experiencing problems in river transport in terms of cruise transportation. For a long time there were restrictions on passenger traffic. It took a lot of time to remove the sick from the Chayandinskoye field. Against this background, we have developed a certain regulation, and now we know how to act. The flagships of the transport industry, such as Yakutia, ALROSA, Polar Airlines, LORP JSC, Yakutia Railways JSC are included in the list of strategic enterprises of federal significance.
During this period, we faced such problems as stabilization, taking measures to reduce the negative consequences for the financial and economic activities of enterprises caused by the coronavirus pandemic and restrictive measures.
- What role would Yakutia play in creating an alliance of Far Eastern airlines? Is it true that the republic is becoming the leader of aviation in the Far Eastern Federal District?
- The first business trip of the head of Yakutia, Aisen Nikolaev, after the lifting of restrictions on coronavirus in Moscow and the work of the federal authorities were devoted to the transport complex. This is the Lensky Bridge, over which a number of top-level meetings have been held. The issues of creating a Far Eastern airline and the road industry were discussed, a meeting was held with the Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Marat Khusnullin. We reported on the implementation of the national project “Safe and High-Quality Highways”, discussed the project of the Lensky Bridge, the southern route of the federal highway “Vilyui”. Let me remind you that it assumes the greatest coverage of the population of the year-round road through Lensk, Peleduy, Vitim. To date, the first option passes through the Taas-Yuryakh settlement, where the population is 447 people.
The issue of aviation was raised, including the operation of the existing Sukhoi Superjet ships of the Yakutia airline. And, accordingly, within the framework of the instructions of the President of the country - participation in the creation of a Far Eastern airline. An important point, the head of state clearly indicated in the instruction that the creation of a Far Eastern airline implies the operation of mainly domestically produced vessels. Well, as part of this assignment, a number of meetings were held with the Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation Yevgeny Dietrich, with Plenipotentiary Envoy Yuri Trutnev, with the Minister for the Development of the Far East and the Arctic, Alexander Kozlov, as well as with the head of the Rostec corporation Sergey Chemezov.
We have proposed a variant of an alliance with other Far Eastern airlines. Let me remind you that the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, together with the Ministry for the Development of the East, has prepared a project to create a model for a Far Eastern airline based on the Aurora airline. Today we surpass Aurora in terms of capacity and aircraft fleet. Moreover, we have the competence and licenses, maintenance of domestic aircraft, which is not the "Aurora". Moreover, the Aurora model assumes only the use of foreign-made aircraft - Airbus A320 (France) and KU600 Bombardia of Canadian production.
But the president of the country gave a clear instruction to support our domestic aviation industry. We still offer an alliance, where we do not enter the capital of an airline like, say, Skyteam or Oneworld, but we have a single tariff policy, a single sales center, and we divide the route network. And, accordingly, we propose the creation of domestic aircraft maintenance centers.
Three new Sukhoi Superjets were due to arrive next year. But in the last interview, Manturov promised this year. In general, our proposed model assumes about ten Sukhoi Superjets and about 15 Il-114 vessels. The discussion is underway, the work continues. We are currently negotiating with other regions to include them in the alliance.
- One of the most important topics for Yakutia is the construction of a bridge across the Lena River. When to expect it? What opportunities and prospects will it bring to the region?
- Design and survey work, development of design and estimate documentation (DED) under the concluded concession agreement is in full swing. The design and estimate documentation is divided into two stages: the preparation of the territory and the bridge itself itself. For the first, we expect to receive the design estimate at the end of September. We plan to start preparatory work in the fourth quarter of 2020, which includes preparation of the construction site, reclamation of islands, berths, and delivery of inert materials.
According to the signed concession agreement, the construction of the Lena Bridge should begin next year. The facility is scheduled to be commissioned in 2025. However, the issue of completing the construction of the bridge is currently being considered not in 2025, but already in 2024.
The Lena Bridge is supposed to connect the spaces of Eastern Siberia and the Far East - this is more than a quarter of the entire territory of Russia. It will connect three federal and five regional highways, the Amuro-Yakutsk railway, a river port and an international airport.
The Lensky Bridge will provide year-round access to the republic's deposits, and taking into account the construction of bridge crossings on the federal highways "Vilyui", "Kolyma", which are also included in the KPMI "waiting list", will increase transport accessibility for the population of the region almost four times - from 21 to 83 %. With an increase in transport accessibility, an inflow of more than 200 billion rubles of investment in projects is forecasted, the annual savings in budget expenditures for northern delivery will be at least 4,1 billion rubles.
In many respects, the Lensky Bridge corresponds not only to the level of a life support facility - the socio-economic effects of its construction and use should exceed investments by more than 1,6 times. The implementation of a global project entails additional tax revenues to all levels of budgets and contributions to extra-budgetary funds.
I will dwell in more detail at a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Khusnullin. He previously instructed the consideration of the possibility of shifting the construction dates to earlier ones. We made a corresponding proposal. It will save some money. The corresponding technical solutions were presented to the Technical Council of Rosavtodor. Khusnullin instructed to study the issue of additional financing by the RF Ministry of Finance.
- Earlier one of the participants in the market of transport and logistics services criticized your predecessors, who failed to develop an integral strategy for the Yakutsk transport and logistics hub. How are you doing this work now, is it possible to create a "living strategy"?
- Together with the Center for Strategic Research, we studied the development of the railway, the development of cargo terminals, wholesale distribution centers. Municipal administrations must connect.
Many projects within the YATLU strategy, including those initiated with the direct participation of the Agency. Earlier, when I worked in the Ministry of Economy, I was in charge of the Agency for Attracting Investments and Export Support, we initiated and worked out many joint projects, including the Nizhny Bestyakh Cargo Terminal, LNG and Starway.
In general, I would like to note that the development of the transport complex is one of the strategically important directions of the republic.
- In your opinion, what investment projects should be implemented in Yakutia in the field of transport and logistics?
- Of course, the most important project is the Lensky Bridge. In the waiting list for the comprehensive plan of the main infrastructure, we need to implement four bridges along the Vilyui federal highway. Additionally, there is a large project of a bridge over the Aldan River along the Kolyma highway.
It is necessary to complete the construction project of the Zhatay shipyard. This will ensure the replacement of obsolete vessels on our rivers.
It is necessary to bring the Berkakit - Tommot - Nizhniy Bestyakh railway line to the permanent operation mode. And it is imperative for our export-oriented enterprises - such as the resident of the South Yakutia ASEZ - Kolmar, YakutUgol - to increase the throughput in the southern part of the railway on the section from Neryungri to Tynda.
To increase the flow of inbound tourism, there should be a modern functional international terminal of the Yakutsk airport.
I have listed the projects of cargo terminals. In general, projects within the transport hub allow the creation of a multimodal transport hub, which reduces the cost of cargo transshipment. You can minimize costs at the stages of cargo transshipment.
In terms of roads, it is necessary to improve the quality of roads up to 85%. Reduce the number of road accidents, including fatalities, through better traffic management. These are photo and video fixation devices, road signs, fences, intelligent transport system, markings, etc. So that it is safe to move on our roads.
- Tell us about the national project "Safe and High-Quality Roads". What objects are planned for this year? What innovations are used in the execution of work?
- This year, 186 km of regional highways and 23,5 km of the road network in the urban agglomeration of the city of Yakutsk will be brought up to standard. About 21 km were allocated under the state program "Comprehensive Development of Rural Areas".
Today we are developing an intelligent transport system in Yakutsk. In addition, we are engaged in transport planning. We need this to calculate the flow, it will give us the opportunity to participate in the distribution of funds for the renewal of the bus fleet within the framework of the national project.
In general, all contracts for the national project have been concluded, funding is proceeding quite rhythmically. The only moment is the delay with contractors in Yakutsk. There are a number of serious lagging problems. I hope the situation last year will not be repeated. What would you like to note now? We are switching to long-term contracts, and secondly, we plan to conclude them for facilities in 2021-2022 now.
As for new technologies, I put this a priority in my work. Still, it is more than important to reduce the standards for the cost of highways by applying innovative solutions. I held a number of meetings, I study technologies, I think they will soon be applied in practice.
- The Yakutsk railway is the only one in Russia that is integrated with the production of liquefied natural gas. What are the synergistic effects of this?
- "Railways of Yakutia" are considering the possibility of converting diesel engines to liquefied natural gas. This is technically possible. They are studying the project and want to implement and, moreover, manufacture these engines in Aldan in the near future.
The use of LNG instead of existing fuel could provide significant fuel savings. These issues are being worked out very closely by ZHDYA specialists.
Published in the journal of the Agency for attracting investments and export support of Yakutia "InvestYakutia"