This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Put in place
"20 years ago, it was about survival, today - about development"
- Alexander Nikolayevich, you were already here in 1993, and now after 21 a year again on our land. How much has Kamchatka changed during this time?
- Of course, the current situation and twenty years ago are fundamentally different. Then it was about survival, now it is about development.
- What, in your opinion, are the main points of development of the Kamchatka Territory?
- It is necessary to implement the program of development of the Far East and the projects of the territories of advanced development (TOP). Kamchatka not without reason claims for several TOP. This is likely to be a transport and logistics hub based on Petropavlovsk, tied to the Northern Sea Route.
In addition, port zones around the world are often combined with special economic zones of industrial type, and here one can clearly see the possibility of creating a priority development area based on such a transport-logistic and industrial center.
Of course, it is also necessary to mention the development of the fisheries complex. Northern Kamchatka salmon is better than Atlantic, which is recognized by both Norwegians, Americans and Scots. And of course, Kamchatka should develop in the field of tourism. So that tourists could swim along the fjords of the Koryak district, and on Bering Island, and not only in Petropavlovsk and neighboring bays. It is remarkable that there are so many reserves here, the nature world, flora and fauna are preserved and restored, this is very interesting for many foreign tourists, and for Russian ones.
- What do you think, how will the Far East-2014 investment forum benefit the region?
This is necessary in order to prevent competition where competition is not needed. It is easier to look at the specialization of regions, which clusters are more profitable to develop and how to combine them with each other. In particular, if Primorye and Kamchatka compete in which of them to send fish along the Northern Sea Route, nothing good will come of it. Primorye in such a situation is better to do the transfer of fish overland.
- What are, in your opinion, the prospects of the mining industry?
- Mining cluster is traditional for the Kamchatka region. But any project related to the development of deposits (not only in Kamchatka, but almost everywhere in the Far East and in Siberia), "pulls" for itself a lot of unresolved infrastructure obstacles - transport, energy ... It's the same in Kamchatka. Here we need to look not just at stocks and potential opportunities, but also on logistics and infrastructure.
- Should the regional authorities give any preferences to large business players in order to attract them?
- In fact, there should be no benefits. There is such a mechanism - “the mechanism of deferred payment of taxes”. This is not a benefit that is paid from the current budget. This is a kind of production sharing agreement for a time until the investment project started generating revenue. Now, with regard to Crimea, a law has been passed, according to which this scheme, the scheme of deferred tax payments, can be applied. Earlier, when we were breaking through this idea, the ministries said: let the regions themselves provide this benefit. But the regions have a small share. She is not interested in investors. But if there is a deferred payment on federal taxes (actually - “tax credit”: until you start generating income in excess of the costs paid, you do not pay taxes), it will work. The region, especially if it is subsidized, cannot give a lot of benefits. Without the federal part you will not be interested in an investor.
We finally managed to convince the Ministry of Finance that this is not a "falling income" of the budget. After all, if there is no project, there is no loss of income. This is the formation of the tax base for future periods. Such schemes can not be universally given, but in the territories of advanced development in the Far East, in the Crimea.
- Can we build the work of the federal center and regional authorities, and bring the legislation into such a condition that investors in the Far East would really be better off? And compared with not only other regions of Russia, but also with countries in the Asia-Pacific region?