This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Sticks - in the hands
Minister of Sports of Yakutia: We are ready for the widespread introduction of the TRP standards
- Mikhail Dmitrievich, you promised that by the 2017, every third Yakut citizen will be involved in the sport. Have something to brag about today?
- To host the Children of Asia International Games and the Russia - Country of Sports Forum in Yakutsk in 2012, we built a number of large facilities, including the Triumph sports complex, a football arena, and a swimming pool. Today, the city is home to about 300 thousand people, and we have created conditions for sports. It is gratifying to see that young people have begun to train - students, schoolchildren and toddlers. Girls want to be beautiful, boys want to be strong, so there are not even enough sports facilities. The number of sports schools is also growing: quite recently there were 54, now there are 64.
In addition, we are developing new sports in the republic - we are promoting Scandinavian walking. It is scientifically and practically proven that Nordic walking is very beneficial for health. By the way, in the Scandinavian countries this sport is at its peak of popularity.
- How are TRP standards developed?
- According to the federal norm, the norms are distributed by age - from preschool age to 70 years. Taking this physical education exam is voluntary. It includes exercises for flexibility, running, pulling up, walking, etc. If an elderly person is simply interested in checking whether he can walk 3 km, then schoolchildren receive their bonus: for example, whoever takes the test for a gold badge, 10 points are added to the USE result, which, accordingly, will be a plus when entering a university. We hope that it is this incentive that will make passing the TRP standards popular among young people.
- Why was Scandinavian walking among the new sports that you plant in Yakutia? Really take root ?!
This sport is rapidly gaining momentum. During walking with sticks almost all muscles work. This is a load that has practically no contraindications. You can do Scandinavian walking both in the team and on your own. It is generally accepted that Scandinavian walking suits older people, but, believe me, this is far from the case.
- What promotes the development of sports activity in Yakutia?
- Firstly, the introduction of RLD norms promotes the involvement of the population in regular physical education, and, secondly, everyone needs health. The media maintains interest in sports. These are the newspaper "Sport Yakutia", NVK (National Broadcasting Company), the magazine "Sport Sakha", the commercial firm "Moy Sport", which broadcasts sports programs and competitions on several channels.
- And what about the sport of higher achievements?
- Sports of the highest achievements in Yakutia on the rise. Over the past year, at all official competitions, we have received 203 medals, beginning with the Russian championships, continental championships, world championships and the Olympic Games. From 203 - 88 gold, 55 silver and 60 bronze medals. Compare with 2005 year, when we had only 11 medals. Certainly, one of the landmark moments of 2014 was the silver medal of Nikita Kryukov, who represented our republic at the Sochi Olympics.
- How is the technical base of training professional athletes improving in the republic?
- We created three institutions last year - the Center for Adaptive Physical Culture to help the development of wheelchair sports, the Department of Children and Youth Sports and the Training of the Sports Reserve, and the Winter Sports Center for Biathlon in the city of Aldan. At the beginning of the year, we opened the 11th republican sports school for basic sports.
In Aldan, on the eve of the Olympics, biathlonists were trained, athletes have been training this season. The center will continue to develop, because we have an advantage over the rest of the training bases, as the snow in Aldan falls in late September and in early October you can ski. Homologation of this route has already been carried out, we will soon receive a license to hold major sporting events in Yakutia.
- At the Olympics in Sochi last year, a grandiose presentation of the regions of the Far East, where Yakutia was assigned the leading role. This presentation has somehow affected the development of sports?
- Tell me, please, do national sports become more popular today in Yakutia or have they always been popular?
- You asked the question very correctly. National sports have never been ignored, but are now becoming more and more popular. Recently, we passed a commission to include mas-wrestling in the register of all-Russian sports. This inclusion gives the right to assign the standard of the master of sports of the Russian Federation. In the future, we will qualify for the award of a world-class master of sports to world championship winners, etc. Last year, as I said, we held the first world mas-wrestling championship. Therefore, it is very great that this national sport goes beyond the borders of the republic and is gaining momentum.
Recently, Yakut athletes competed in international jumping competitions in memory of Antipov in Baku. Last year, we presented national sports at the festival in Japan. Everyone really liked the presentation of mas-wrestling, hapsagaya, jumps.
- In two years you will have the Republican Spartakiad on national sports. Has the preparation begun for this event?
- In 2017 the Spartakiad on national sports will be held in Verkhnevilyuisk. The head of the republic Yegor Afanasyevich Borisov held an organizational meeting to determine which social facilities will be built and in what time frame. It is known that at the end of this year the construction of a stadium and a sports complex will begin. I want to emphasize especially that we try to hold major sports events not only for the sake of the events themselves, but also for the development of the material and technical basis of physical culture and sports, as well as social infrastructure.
- You were the rector of the Churapchinsky Institute of Physical Culture and Sports. What famous athletes have you trained?
- I was rector for four years (from 1999 to 2003 - Prim.red.), then we were just creating the material and technical base of the institute, solving organizational issues. In the first year, only 25 students were admitted, the initial traditions of two-time training etc. were established. And now the students of the institute are demonstrating world-class results. So, last year Vasily Egorov and Darman Kutubekov brought Yakutia two gold medals at the World Student Boxing Championship in Yakutsk. At the world championship among students in freestyle wrestling last year, Nyurgun Scriabin won the bronze. There are world drafts champions, etc. You can list for a long time….
- What sports do you follow?