This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
From conception to real action
Kristina Shuvalova: understanding the value of project management is not a fashion trend, but the need to achieve goals
Photo: from the site primgazeta.ru
The solution of any new tasks related to the implementation of various investment projects, including international ones, implemented within the framework of legislative preferences - the law on ASEZ, on the Free Port, require not only from business, but also from the institutions of the executive power new methods and principles of work organization administrative management - officials. These management principles, the introduction of which in the region began last year, seem to have successfully passed their first “strength test” and proved their worth. Director of the department Kristina Shuvalova told EastRussia about the work of the project management department, the results of its work this year, plans for the future.
- Kristina Petrovna, implementation of project management-The trend is federal, relatively young, not having a large accumulated base of applicationin the regions. Where did you start in Primorye?
- The introduction of project management in Primorye began in 2015 with the creation of a new specialized department - the project management department. Before starting, we studied the experience of colleagues from the Belgorod, Yaroslavl and Tula regions, Perm Territory, and advanced international experience. Today, after complex work on the formation of a regulatory framework, a specialized information system, a competency model, we are actively introducing a project system in our Primorye region. During the year, the main provisions and methods were approved. The most significant of them are the Regulations on Project Management in the Region - "Project Code", which regulates the activities of executive authorities and regional organizations at all stages of the life cycle of projects, from their initialization to completion. The adoption of the "Project Code" is an important step that determines the fundamental rules of the game: write down how to do it and do as you wrote it. Another important document is a model of project competencies, the task of which is to form a “Project reserve”: the selection and training of the most promising civil servants and employees of regional organizations, who are able to express themselves as efficiently as possible in project activities.
We also developed and approved a number of recommendations in the field of project activities, for example, on project budget management.,risk management, team management. A project committee has been created, headed by the governor of the region - Vladimir Miklushevsky. The committee makes decisions on the opening of projects and programs, carries out high-level control of project activities.
- How are specialists selected for the project reserve?
- First, I want to say that the goal of the project reserve is to create a team of professional design specialists capable of efficiently working in a new format. Such work is carried out in two stages: at the first, personal competencies are assessed, at the second, the specialist is tested for the presence of professional knowledge and skills in the field of project management. Based on the results of two stages of selection, a specialist is assigned one of three grades: project contractor, project administrator, project manager. Each of the participants in the project activity has the right to increase his grade at any time by going through the evaluation stages again. When forming a project team or program, candidates from the project reserve are credited in priority order. The project reserve is not only an assessment of knowledge, skills and abilities, it is also an opportunity for additional professional development.
-What is the concept of project culture?
- The concept is our vision of the path along which the development of project management in Primorye is going. The document combines the professional points of view of domestic and foreign experts in the design sphere. The concept describes the ideology of project management, stages and methods of development of project thinking. After all, project management is, first of all, special moral attitudes of specialists: to achieve a result, team interaction, work “without ties”. Today we have published the Concept and are actively distributing it among all participants in project activities. I would like to note that this development is very popular.
- What is the main difference between project management andTraditional, understandable to us, the principle of"Vertical"?
- Experts distinguish three main types of management: process management, commission management and project management. Each type of control is effective in different situations. The process format is useful for repetitive tasks, for example if you bake a certain amount of cakes each day or have a meeting at a service. In this case, the most effective thing is to debug the process and then follow a clear algorithm each time.
Leads are suitable for solving a specific problem or short-term task. Moreover, such problems and tasks can arise both in process and in project activities.
Finally, when it is required to create a unique product or achieve a specific result with limited resources, to establish interaction with a large circle of participants, then project management is used. The bottom line is that the work is transferred from vertical subordination to the horizontal plane. A team of specialists from various fields is formed who work for a clearly defined goal, the work of each team member is planned in detail. At the same time, responsibility is completely personalized, each task has someone who is responsible for the result. Project management allows you to track the influence of external factors on the project, adjust actions, predict possible risks and choose a strategy for working with them. Only one thing remains unchanged - the goal of the project.
- Is it possible to say that the systemProject management is already working effectively in Primorsky Krai?
- A few months ago, the Government of the Russian Federation began the implementation of project management in federal authorities. Now at the federal level are the stages that we have already passed. In this regard, one can say Primorye is one step ahead.
During 2016, the project management model was tested on pilot regional programs and projects. For example, projects to create infrastructure in the Nadezhdinskaya and Mikhailovsky TORs became pilot projects. The choice of TOP for approbation of project management is obvious. These are complex projects with strict time and budget parameters that require effective communication of a large number of participants - federal and regional authorities, network companies and residents. Project management technologies allow you to achieve goals, increase the efficiency of interaction between project participants, and implement it in conditions of limited resources.
Another pilot project was the work to improve the investment climate in the regions. The project format for solving this problem is recommended by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives. In our case, the improvement of the investment climate is “packed” into a program consisting of 7 projects; a functional project office has been created on the basis of the Investment Agency of Primorsky Krai. In this format, the Agency acts as a link between representatives of government and business. This solution ensured efficient and competent management of the program team. Communications have been established: strategic sessions are regularly held at the Agency's site with the participation of representatives of business, the scientific community, and public associations. This year, more than 120 experts took part in the discussions, 500 proposals were received, of which about 70% are included in the roadmaps.
Also successfully completed a pilot event-project - the organization of the II Pacific Tourist Forum. The project team from 30 people implemented 222 events. The forum was attended by 43 thousand people from 10 countries of the APR and 11 regions of our country.
- How do you assess the result?
- Own assessments can be subjective. Our work was highly appreciated by experts: in the competition for professional management of project activities in the public sector "Project Olympus 2016", organized by the Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation, we took first place in the nomination "Organization of the activities of project offices of executive authorities" and third place in nomination "Organization of complex project management" (TOP "Mikhailovsky").
- Other regions are interested in successesPrimorye on implementationsystem of project management?
- Primorsky Krai is the first Far Eastern region to introduce a project management system into the work of executive authorities. And, as the Project Olympus 2016 competition has shown, it is quite successful. We are ready to share our developments with our colleagues from other regions, we are considering the possibility of forming a center for the training and certification of project managers, organizations and students. We also plan to hold all-Russian and international events in the field of project activities in the territory of the region. In addition, we have agreements on the exchange of experience with our colleagues from the Krasnodar and Kamchatka regions, the Republic of Buryatia. We agreed with the newly created Competence Center of the Sverdlovsk Region (Yekaterinburg) on the participation of representatives of the Primorsky Krai project management department in a series of lectures on project management. Exchange of experience and skills with colleagues is a must.
- Improved management-it's always a somewhat "transparent" story, because improvement affects everything, but it's difficult to measure. Are there any indicators of evaluation, effectivenessProject management?
- The principle of consistency - step by step, is incorporated into all project documents that are developed by project teams. It is important not only in scheduling, where specific events are formed, the timing of their implementation and the responsible persons are established. This principle is also enshrined in the fundamental document of any project - the project passport.
The passport defines the goals and objectives of the project, indicators of the effectiveness and success of the project, the organizational structure of project management. This document is approved by the customer of the project.
Each member of the project team should clearly understand the goals and objectives of the project at the very beginning of the journey. The goal determines the priority of the entire project and is decomposed into tasks with specific results that must be achieved during the implementation of the project. For example, for the TOP project, the goal is to create transport and utility infrastructure facilities, the task is to ensure their creation in the IV quarter of 2017. Concrete results - a list of created objects and their technical characteristics, which they must clearly comply with. Responsible for achieving project results is the project manager. The customer of the project, in addition to the goals and objectives, determines in the project passport the criteria for success - by what parameters can be considered that the project has been successfully implemented. As a rule, we are talking about the implementation of the project on time and on budget. Detailed planning allows the manager to effectively carry out the activities of the team, to identify and respond to project risks in a timely manner, to exercise control over resources, budget and deadlines.
As a central project office, our task is to independently monitor the implementation of the project as a whole, including the achievement of project goals and results, and methodological support for project teams.
- Is there an appropriateIT-platform? What does your department use, what software tools?
- The state information system "Project Management in the Primorsky Territory", developed on the PM Foresight platform (prototype of the information system SOCHI - 2014), is at the stage of putting into commercial operation. The system automates the work of project participants at all stages of its life cycle (initiation, planning, execution and control, completion), supports the development of network diagrams (Gantt charts), project risk and resource management, allows you to get rid of paper reporting, and ensures effective communication of the project team.
- What are your plans fornext year?
- Primorsky Krai is the first region of Russia to have concluded an agreement on the development of project management with the SOVNET Project Management Association (unites people and organizations that develop, implement and manage projects in various fields of activity). We have already signed a roadmap for the implementation of our agreement. In 2017, together with our colleagues from SOVNET, we plan to organize work on the creation of a project competence center in the Far Eastern Federal District and a center for training specialists for passing certification in project management. We will also continue to promote project management among the enterprises of the region, students and schoolchildren. But the main task is to integrate the Primorsky Territory into the implementation of 11 priority directions of strategic development of the Russian Federation, which are determined by the Council under the President of the Russian Federation. In addition, in 2017, we set ourselves the task of scaling the practice of project management to the municipal level.
Shuvalova Kristina Petrovna Born in the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. In 1998, she graduated from the All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade (an economist with knowledge of a foreign language). In 2006, the Far Eastern Academy of State Service (manager of state and municipal service). Constantly improves her qualifications in the field of investment climate, from 2015 year - in the field of project management.
Work began with 1998 year in the Administration of the Kamchatka region (later - the Government of the Kamchatka Territory). She held positions from the chief specialist to the head of the investment department of the Ministry of Investments and Development of Entrepreneurship of the Kamchatka Territory. Since 2011, I worked in the Department of Economics of Primorsky Krai as a consultant, head of the investment department. From September 2014 to August 2015 year - Deputy Director of the Department of Economics of Primorsky Krai on investment issues. Since August 2015 year - i.е. director of the department of project management of Primorsky Krai, in June 2016 was appointed director.