This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"The new world order requires new experts"
Feng Shaolai on the planned joint Russian-Chinese research projects
Dean and professor of the School of International and Regional Studies of the East China Normal University, vice president of China National Association for International Studies Feng Shaolai - about the next opening Russian-Chinese summer school on international relations.
- First of all, I would like to note the constant growth of participants: both quantitative and qualitative. Every year, the organization and educational component of the school is getting better, this can not but rejoice. The participants of the first schools themselves are already lecturing on it, and this is the main indicator of success and effectiveness. Separately, I would like to note the continued support for the school from the side of the Gorchakov Foundation.
EastRussia help. The Russian-Chinese summer school on international relations is a joint scientific and educational project, held annually since 2011 by the Higher School of Economics and the East China Pedagogical University with the support of the Gorchakov Foundation. This is a unique platform for interaction between young international experts from different countries, where leading experts in the field of world politics and economics conduct classes and master classes. This year, the school gathered 40 participants from Russia, China, Germany, South Korea, Switzerland and Algeria. For eight years, the school involved about 500 people, many of whom have already become prominent experts and researchers on international issues.
- What did the Chinese side prepare this time?
- This school is notable for the fact that we brought a fairly large number of participants, candidates from the East China Normal University (VKPU) were even more, which indicates the increased interest in the school. In addition, we are supported by the PRC Embassy in Russia, and this is a sign of approval of those initiatives and values that we are promoting together with the Higher School of Economics (HSE). Sergey Karaganov noted in his lecture that the new world order requires new cultural and civilizational approaches, and hence new personnel, experts who will work together to harmonize the world community.
- How do you assess the role and future of the school?
- The Summer School on International Relations is one of many projects that are implemented by the SPSU and the Higher School of Economics. I believe that with a close level of interaction between teachers and students of two universities, the summer school has already become a platform for dialogue and "checking the hours" on the most pressing problems of the development of not only bilateral relations but also the global agenda. In the near future we are planning joint research projects, especially in the field of integration in the Eurasian space.
- What would you wish the participants of the school?
- It would be desirable that each of the participants not only enriched their educational baggage, but also made full use of the opportunity to establish contacts with colleagues. I wish you all success in the academic field, I hope to see the first results of your work on the pages of the leading media and scientific journals.