This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
New Frontiers "Seligdar"
Public Joint Stock Company summed up the work for 2018 year and outlined the prospects for the future
PJSC "Seligdar" summed up the 2018 year. As part of the summer technical council, the results of gold and tin mining for five months of this year were also announced, and strategic plans for the development of the holding were also discussed. The prospects of the company EastRussia told the president of "Seligdar" Konstantin Beyrit.
- Konstantin Alexandrovich, tell us about the agenda of the summer technical council. Who took part in it? What questions were raised?
- This is our traditional event, which is attended by leading specialists of the company and representatives of shareholders. This is a platform on which the positions of the parties converge, an exchange of views takes place, benchmarks are set and the most important points of the company's growth are indicated. So it was this time.
The agenda included work reports for 2018 and the first half of 2019, discussion of production and financial issues. The revised production plan for the second half of 2019 and the main targets of the plan for 2020 were presented. We heard reports on the procurement program for basic technological materials, on the progress of work on the development of information technology and automation, the introduction of a new remuneration system, and general social policy. In addition, reports on mining and ecology were presented. Problems related to design solutions were also discussed. On all issues, instructions were given and specific deadlines for execution were determined. According to them, the leaders will be heard at the next technical council.
- We know that the members of the technical council visited the production sites and fields, share their impressions of what he saw.
- "Seligdar" is changing and changing qualitatively. Experts delve into the understanding of the material with which they work, in the processes they manage. This is noticeable in terms of the questions raised by the technical council. If you compare them with those that were five years ago, the difference becomes obvious. Big changes are visible. Fortunately, mostly positive.
For example, such a complex process as heap bioleaching was discussed. We are the only ones in the country who use this method. Or work with production wastes in the tin division, where the processing of sludge from mine water sedimentation tanks from the Soviet era can make it possible to obtain a new product - cathode copper - a product with high added value. In general, we can say that the efficiency of Seligdar is growing.
- What is the long-term development strategy of the Seligdar holding? And how do you assess the short-term perspective for the next two years?
- Seligdar has a seven-year development strategy. Last year we reached a new frontier - six tons of gold and 1,5 thousand tons of tin - this is a fundamentally new level for Seligdar.
In the next two years, we will commission a new Samolazovsky facility. In fact, this is a restart of the old field, but at a new, higher level. Plus, production at Sinind is being modernized and a new processing plant is being built at Search.
For the next years, 2020-21, we have planned more or less conservative indicators. Growth to 6,5 tons of gold in 2020, 2021 - about the same level - about seven tons. In terms of tin, we have already completed part of the work on the modernization of two processing plants, which will give a planned increase this year. In general, this year we have planned a 50% increase in relation to the previous year - this is 2-300 tons of tin. Plus the recovered copper branch will give a new product - copper concentrate. In 2, an increase is also planned, insignificant, at the level of 400-2020%, but this is still an inconclusive figure.
- What are the production forecasts for the six months of this year? How is the situation now?
- We are awaiting the fulfillment of the plan for both divisions - both gold and tin. Although it is clear that every year is different from the previous one. This is due primarily to the fact that Seligdar uses heap leaching, and these are water-related processes, so we are dependent on the weather. This year, the spring was cold, and in the past and the year before, it was much warmer, so the processes developed faster, which allowed us to expect a slight over-fulfillment of the plan. However, the weather has made its own adjustments. I think there will be fulfillment. But in any case, the company lives according to the adopted plan, and we look forward to its implementation in 2019.
Preliminary results of work in the first half of 2019.
Gold Mining Division
· The total volume of gold sales by the Seligdar Holding increased by 73% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 2 kg.
· The volume of rock mass amounted to 13 million cubic meters - 31% more than a year earlier.
· Ore production in the first half of 2019 amounted to 5 thousand tonnes, down 433% compared to the same period last year.
Tin Mining Division
· Production of tin in concentrate in the first half of 2019 amounted to 1 tons, which is 003 times more than in the previous year.
· The volume of ore mining increased by 71% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 192 thousand tons.
· Revenue from gold sales in the first half of 2019 amounted to 5,9 billion rubles, an increase of 82% compared to the same period last year.
· Revenue from the sale of tin in the first half of 2019 amounted to 1,14 billion rubles, an increase of 4,5 times compared to the same period last year.
- For modern companies, social policy is very important. Is the company experiencing personnel shortage? How do you fill the shortage of workers?
- It is important to take into account the characteristics of the territory. In the entire Far East, the population density is very low, which means that there are even fewer specialists that we need here. Therefore, all efforts are directed at the local population. We have signed a number of agreements on training specialists for Seligdar from local residents. One of these is the regional program in Yakutia “Local Personnel in Industry”. Another one - "The new generation of" Seligdar "" is designed for young people. Her task is vocational guidance for guys and girls. And this policy has a positive effect. We have positive examples when graduates of institutes, after practical training and receiving diplomas, returned to work with us, and subsequently became the head of entire services.
Another story is the revival of previously operating industries, and with them the revival of entire settlements. Before we launched an enrichment plant in the village of Solnechny, Khabarovsk Territory, the authorities did not know what to do with this settlement. Now that the factory is operating, a program is in place to increase its capacity by about four times, the social situation in the village is fundamentally changing. After all, he worked only for this factory, and if earlier there was a question of liquidating it, now everything is changing for the better - families live, men work in industries. It is clear that we have attracted shift workers too, but the influx of local specialists to this enterprise is significant. Well, if we talk about the holding as a whole, since the company is growing and reaching a new level, we, of course, also cannot refuse from other cities.
- On the eve another important event took place - the annual meeting of shareholders of PJSC "Seligdar". What decisions were made on it?
- First, the shareholders adopted an important final document - “Annual Report of PJSC for 2018 Year”. It was also decided to distribute profits and pay dividends on preferred shares based on the results of 2018 of the year in full.
The meeting also elected the Board of Directors of ten people, the company's auditing commission, approved the auditor and the charter of PJSC Seligdar in a new edition. It is worth noting that we first held an electronic vote. Some shareholders took advantage of e-newsletters and noted the convenience of the process.
- Soon you have a professional holiday - Metallurgist Day. How are you planning to celebrate it this year?
- The celebration will be timed to the 95th anniversary of the beginning of gold mining in Yakutia. The festive event will take place at the site of the Seveki cultural and ethnographic complex in Aldan on July 21. The purpose of this holiday is to popularize the honorable mission of mining and geological specialties, to establish the global role of mining in the socio-economic growth of the republic, as well as to attract public interest to the history of the development of the gold mining industry in the Aldan region. The head of the republic Aisen Nikolaev will attend a big event. Gold mining enterprises are traditionally city-forming in the region.