This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
New Frontiers "Seligdar"
Public Joint Stock Company summed up the work for 2018 year and outlined the prospects for the future
PJSC "Seligdar" summed up the 2018 year. As part of the summer technical council, the results of gold and tin mining for five months of this year were also announced, and strategic plans for the development of the holding were also discussed. The prospects of the company EastRussia told the president of "Seligdar" Konstantin Beyrit.
- Konstantin Aleksandrovich, tell us about the agenda of the summer technical council. Who took part in it? What questions have been raised?
- This is our traditional event, which is attended by leading specialists of the company and representatives of shareholders. This is a platform on which the positions of the parties converge, an exchange of views takes place, benchmarks are set and the most important points of the company's growth are indicated. So it was this time.
On the agenda were reports on work for 2018 of the year and the first half of 2019 of the year, discussion of production and financial issues. An updated production plan for the second half of 2019 of the year and basic guidelines for the 2020 year were presented. We heard reports on the procurement program for basic technological materials, on the progress of work on the development of information technologies and automation, the introduction of a new wage system, and a general social policy. In addition, reports were presented on mining, ecology. Discussed and problems relating to design solutions. All questions were given instructions and specific deadlines for execution. According to them, the leaders will be heard at the next technical council.
- We know that the members of the technical council visited the production sites and fields, share their impressions of what he saw.
- "Seligdar" is changing and changing qualitatively. Experts delve into the understanding of the material with which they work, in the processes they manage. This is noticeable in terms of the questions raised by the technical council. If you compare them with those that were five years ago, the difference becomes obvious. Big changes are visible. Fortunately, mostly positive.
Such a complex process as heap bioleaching was discussed, for example. We are the only ones in the country who use this method. Or work with production wastes in the tin division, where the processing of sludge from the mine water settling tanks of the Soviet era can provide a new product - cathode copper - a product with high added value. In general, we can say that the efficiency of "Seligdar" is growing.
- What is the long-term development strategy of the Seligdar holding? And how do you assess the short-term perspective for the next two years?
- Seligdar has a seven-year development strategy. Last year we reached a new frontier - six tons of gold and 1,5 thousand tons of tin - this is a fundamentally new level for Seligdar.
In the next two years, we will commission a new Samolazovsky facility. In fact, this is a restart of the old field, but at a new, higher level. Plus, production at Sinind is being modernized and a new processing plant is being built at Search.
For the next years, 2020-21, we have planned more or less conservative indicators. Rising to 6,5 tons of gold in the 2020 year, 2021 year - about the same level - about seven tons. According to tin, we have already completed part of the work on the modernization of two processing plants, which will give a planned increase this year. In general, this year we have planned 50 percent growth relative to the past - this is 2 300-2 400 tons of tin. Plus, the recovered copper branch will give a new product - copper concentrate. In 2020, growth is also planned, insignificant, at the level of 20-30%, but this is not the final figure yet.
- What are the production forecasts for the six months of this year? How is the situation now?
- We are awaiting the fulfillment of the plan for both divisions - both gold and tin. Although it is clear that every year is different from the previous one. This is due primarily to the fact that Seligdar uses heap leaching, and these are water-related processes, so we are dependent on the weather. This year, the spring was cold, and in the past and the year before, it was much warmer, so the processes developed faster, which allowed us to expect a slight over-fulfillment of the plan. However, the weather has made its own adjustments. I think there will be fulfillment. But in any case, the company lives according to the adopted plan, and we look forward to its implementation in 2019.
Preliminary results of work in the first half of the year 2019.
Gold Mining Division
· Total sales of gold by Seligdar Holding increased by 73% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 2 147 kg.
· The volume of rock mass was 13 million cubic meters - by 31% more than a year earlier.
· Ore mining in the first half of 2019 of the year amounted to 5 433 th. Tons, a decrease of 7% compared to the same period last year.
Tin Mining Division
· The production of tin in concentrate in the first half of 2019 of the year amounted to 1 003 tons - 3,2 times more than a year earlier.
· The volume of ore mining increased by 71% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 192 thousand tons.
· Revenue from the sale of gold in the first half of 2019 amounted to 5,9 billion rubles, an increase of 82% over the same period last year.
· Revenue from tin sales in the first half of the year 2019 amounted to 1,14 billion rubles, having increased by 4,5 times compared to the same period last year.
- For modern companies, social policy is very important. Is the company experiencing personnel shortage? How do you fill the shortage of workers?
- It is important to take into account the peculiarities of the territory. There is a very low population density throughout the Far East, which means that the specialists we need are even less. Therefore, all efforts are aimed at the local population. We have concluded a number of agreements on the training of specialists for Seligdar from among local residents. One of these is the regional program in Yakutia “Local cadres in industry”. One more - “New generation" Seligdar "" is designed for young people. Her task is vocational guidance guys and girls. And this policy has a positive effect. We have positive examples when graduates of institutes returned to work after graduation from practical training and obtaining diplomas, and later led whole services.
Another story is the revival of previously existing industries, and with them the revival of entire settlements. Before we launched a processing plant in the village of Solnechny of the Khabarovsk Territory, the authorities did not know what to do with this settlement. Now, when the factory works, the program of increasing its capacity is about four times, the social situation in the village is changing fundamentally. After all, he worked only for this factory, and if before there was a question about its liquidation, now everything is changing for the better - families live, men work in production. It is clear that we also attracted shift workers, but the influx of local specialists to this company is significant. Well, if we talk about the holding as a whole, since the company is growing and reaching a new level, we, of course, cannot refuse non-resident people either.
- On the eve another important event took place - the annual meeting of shareholders of PJSC "Seligdar". What decisions were made on it?
- First, the shareholders adopted an important final document - “Annual Report of PJSC for 2018 Year”. It was also decided to distribute profits and pay dividends on preferred shares based on the results of 2018 of the year in full.
The meeting also elected the Board of Directors of ten people, the company's auditing commission, approved the auditor and the charter of PJSC Seligdar in a new edition. It is worth noting that we first held an electronic vote. Some shareholders took advantage of e-newsletters and noted the convenience of the process.
- Soon you have a professional holiday - Metallurgist Day. Tell me, how do you plan to celebrate it this year?
- The celebration will be timed to the 95 anniversary of the start of gold mining in Yakutia. The ceremonial event will be held at the site of the cultural and ethnographic complex "Seveki" in Aldan 21 July. The purpose of this holiday is to popularize the honorary mission of mining and geological specialties, establish the global role of mining in the social and economic growth of the republic, as well as attracting public interest in the history of the gold mining industry in the Aldan region. The big event will be visited by the head of the republic Aisen Nikolaev. Gold mining enterprises are traditionally city-forming in the region.