This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"There is no universal recipe, one must try and do"
The head of the industrial park "Avangard" Denis Gros on how he works in the Torah
At the end of last year, the Avangard industrial park officially became a resident of the Khabarovsk ASEZ. However, a development project for the development of a land plot on the eastern outskirts of Khabarovsk started in 2013, and by the time the law on priority development territories was adopted, the first production facilities were already operating there. Denis Gros, executive director of Avangard Industrial Park LLC, tells about how the project is developing today, claiming preferences for two preferential regimes at once, and why you should not get carried away with government subsidies.
- The site is not that big - 47 hectares, and it is already about 50% full. In addition to the widely advertised project for the production of vegetables in greenhouses (one of the first foreign investors in the site was the Russian-Japanese JGC Evergreen), we have concluded agreements with manufacturers of equipment (EnergoImpulse +), wood-plastic and PVC products (Eco-tree), and with the company "Integrated Logistics Systems" a container terminal project is being implemented.
Now the site is being designed for the production and logistics cluster, it is planned to build about 10 thousand square meters on 75 hectares of land. m of buildings, of which 32 thousand sq. m. are warehouses of class "A" and low-temperature warehouses. The rest of the area will be occupied by modular workshops, sharpened so that the manufacturer can quickly deploy production here.
- So the land will soon be scarce?
- Yes, our work plan, in its most realistic version of the development of events, stipulates that in two or three years we must completely fill the park with residents, and then move on to new territories.
- What roads, engineering networks still have to be built?
- Under the program for providing the infrastructure of the TOP sites, we were promised access roads to the industrial park. One, on the street. Donskoy, will be built this year, the second is a check-in from the street. The virgin lands are next.
As for our internal infrastructure, we have to equip the territory, make it a "candy", as attractive as possible for residents. These are internal driveways, landscaping, an additional power supply network - the construction of a substation is planned for this year. Everything, perhaps, we already have the rest.
- Is there any advertising for the site?
- We have been doing this from the very beginning, and the media, of course, help us with their interest. Therefore, you have to think about some kind of promotion budget only in the part that relates to outdoor events, participation in exhibitions, forums.
- When will the TOP residents feel the effect of all the benefits they are entitled to?
- Our platform makes it possible to obtain the status of a TOP resident with all the ensuing consequences. The effect of income tax benefits will be felt in the very first year from the moment of its receipt, in addition, a reduced rate of contributions to extra-budgetary funds and a zero rate of property tax - all this significantly reduces the financial burden on business.
- In addition, can you apply for benefits within the industrial park?
- In general, industrial parks can apply for subsidies for the construction of infrastructure, for subsidizing interest payments on bank loans. In addition, park residents can also receive similar preferences. Thus, it is possible to add up the preferences of the TOP member and the industrial park. Again, support can be provided by the Far East Development Fund. There is also such an interesting instrument as the Industrial Development Fund, which provides loans at 5% per annum for the purchase of equipment.
- There are many support institutions, but is it easy to get into the pool of the elite?
- There is no universal recipe, you have to try and do it. Because all these funds, only in our stereotypical thinking, are surrounded by some kind of aura of mystery. In fact, they are completely open; on the contrary, they have a task - to spend more money on supporting high-quality projects.
- That is, one of the main problems is ignorance?
- Yes, ignorance and blinkeredness, and also a lack of faith in the fact that you can achieve success without a “hairy paw” and “garters” in the structures distributing subsidies and loans.
- Denis, you once studied at the Moscow School of Management Skolkovo, and now you feel the support and interest of your colleagues in your project?
- There is an entrepreneurial community of Skolkovo alumni, operating, including in the Far East (there are only about a thousand of Skolkovo alumni). There is a very keen interest on their part. People felt a wave of changes, and this is a very good measure of the fact that the calculation when developing the TOP concept was correct. Now many active entrepreneurs from different parts of the country are considering projects for locating their production here, focusing not only on the domestic market, but also on Asian countries.
- At the same time, funding for many targeted programs is being cut, do you have any fears that your project will not be "given" from the budget or will be given less than promised?
- Yes, we did not really count on state support as a guaranteed source of funds. The project was originally built on its own. Because if a private project does not "fly" without the support of the state, it is not even worth taking on it.
The Avangard industrial park was created in 2013 and received the status of a TOP resident at the end of 2015. Becoming one of the three sites of the TOP "Khabarovsk." It is located nearby in the Khabarovsk-2 microdistrict on the eastern outskirts of the regional capital. There are access roads, a railway line, electric (12 MW), gas (9300 cubic meters per hour), water supply (1200 cubic meters per day) networks. The production facilities of the company Energo-Impulse + LLC (engaged in the production and installation of electrical equipment of 0,4 - 35 kV class), Eco Derevo DV LLC (products made of wood-plastic composite, PVC, siding), the Russian-Japanese company JGC Evergreen (the enterprise has built 2,5 hectares of greenhouse vegetable growing complexes, plans to build 10 hectares).