This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"It is necessary to reconsider the strategy of spatial development"
Chairman of the Union of gold miners of Yakutia Mikhail Brook on the problems of the industry
- Mikhail Lvovich, how urgent is the problem of providing qualified personnel in the mining industry of the region?
- Yes, the requirements are constantly increasing, the technique is being improved, becoming more complicated. We need skilled engineering and working cadres with higher and secondary technical education. The problem of providing qualified personnel remains for all industrial companies. The task of adapting our educational institutions to the needs of mining enterprises is urgent. To enterprises received specialists who did not need to be retrained. The question is not that they are not enough. If you build them all in line, there will be more than necessary. The question is that we need qualified specialists who are ready to work at the enterprise.
- What output do you see?
֫- I would not say that there are simple solutions. Systematic work is needed. It is conducted, but not immediately gives results. I recently attended a meeting of the supervisory board at the Aldan College. I believe that the work of such supervisory boards should be informative when representatives of manufacturing enterprises participate in them. It is necessary to fill the real content of production and training clusters, create on their basis production training grounds. On these ranges, in real conditions will be practiced by students.
- Another problem - the ratio of the shift method and regional staff?
- The economic component should be clearly traced, and for the future. Large companies with corporate centers outside the republic, as a rule, in Moscow, often lack the understanding that stable local production teams are quite a serious capital, a great value. As an example, we can cite Southern Yakutia, where people live from generation to generation and work in mining enterprises. It is necessary to use this value more actively, instead of trying to find out on attraction of external cheaper labor resources. Today you can save a penny, and eventually get a decline in the overall skill level, lose millions.
At the same time, it is necessary to develop regional watches from the basic settlements that are located within the republic. An example of a successful application is "Diamonds of Anabar". The experience of the enterprise must be extended to other mining enterprises of the republic. At the same time, it is necessary to form long-term programs for the development of basic settlements, from where people will go to mining enterprises. This is a matter of spatial development, which relates to the development strategy of the region. Recently, the head of Yakutia, Aisen Nikolaev, temporarily instructed to update the Development Strategy of the region to 2030. I believe that the aspect of resettlement requires more detailed elaboration. In conjunction with development, including shift work on mountain sites.
- What should be the trends of spatial settlement?
- First of all, you need to rely on natural factors. Climatic factors, natural, where people are more comfortable to live. Provide better transport accessibility, normal utilities, living conditions, and the Internet. Accordingly, people will gain a foothold, live and travel to work in nearby mining enterprises. Excellent cities from this point of view are Tommot, Olekminsk, Lensk, Nizhny Bestyakh.
- It's about moving away from single-industry towns?
- Yes, there is no need to build a village near every gold-bearing stream. Previously, villages were built every 30-50 kilometers. There is no need for this for a long time, concentration is needed. In the 90s, we had to liquidate a number of settlements. The task of regional authorities and local self-government is to find synergy, to form a common space that would work not only for one industry, but also for the development of the territory as a whole.
- Now the republic wants to legislatively fix the social responsibility of extractive companies ...
- As far as I know, there is such a legislative initiative. It is proposed to make the agreement on the participation of the subsoil user in the social and economic development of the region mandatory. In such agreements it is necessary to prescribe obligations that subsoil users would take with regard to the development of the common territory, the formation of the necessary environment for people's lives for the long term, not only for the duration of the project.
For example, in Aldan, Gazprom equiped the local stadium Metallurg, a good running track was made. This is used by all residents of the city. Other enterprises are engaged in asphalting roads to the republican Ysyakhu (the national Yakut holiday is East Russia). So it should be and further. There should be a more active position among local administrations and regional authorities. But it must be objective: it is not just money to collect and dissolve them in the budget. A program should be built, containing specific results-oriented activities. I again return to the question of spatial development, which should be more clearly spelled out.
- What adjustments do you think should be made to the Strategy-2030 in the first place?
- The strategy assumes the formation of a certain strategic vision and the way to achieve this vision. Key areas, competitive advantages that need to be developed or created should be highlighted. And there shouldn't be too many of them. If you look at our strategy as it is today, it is more likely not a strategy, but a set of good wishes "for all the good." I would not even call it a vision, it is some kind of statistical analysis and a list of possibilities. It needs to be concretized. The strategy should be more compact, comprehensible, tough and controlled, linked to the KPIs of officials at all levels. Then it will be a document for action.