This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Small companies just do not know where to start."
How to stimulate the business of export, the example of the Khabarovsk Territory found out EastRussia
In the Khabarovsk Territory about 200 exporting companies, with the largest volumes still account for the export of timber, and industrial products are able to supply abroad only to large holdings. Small and medium-sized businesses do not get a shortage of funds and knowledge to enter foreign markets. Where to get both, and another, told EastRussia head of the Center for Support and Development of the Khabarovsk Territory Ivan Sukhanov.
- One of the main export positions from the region is really wood. But what's nice: this is a product of deep processing, that is, the business is slowly but surely moving away from the export of the round timber. At once several large timber processing projects were launched in the region. This enterprise is Arkaim, which, albeit with nuances, but steadily exports - both to Europe and to Asia. This is the company "Asia Forest", which supplies products through a well-established system to Europe - Germany, Belgium, Poland. And this RFP Group is our flagship in terms of reserves with a unique project of the Center for deep wood processing in Amursk. Yes, the region still exports coal, which constitutes a significant share of exports. Fish and seafood are exported, because it is extremely difficult to grope for the specific consumption in China or Japan of deep-processed fish products.
- In general, goods of processing on a large scale, we can boast?
- Of course, the enterprises of the Sukhoi Holding continue to supply civilian and military products. This is a key article of industrial exports, but not the only one. The company "Dalenergomash" last year exported power equipment to India and Vietnam. Few people remember the leading enterprise of the drug industry in the Far East - Dalkhimpharm. And the plant exports its products to Mongolia, the United States, and Japan. "Khabarovsk distillery" supplies vodka to South Korea. Amur ammunition plant "Vympel" supplies hunting cartridges to the USA.
- Everything you mean is a big enterprise. And what is the share of small and medium-sized businesses?
- In 2015, according to statistics in the Khabarovsk Territory, there were about 130 exporters belonging to small and medium-sized enterprises. In 2016, they were 186. This, of course, is a drop in the sea, given that the subjects of small and medium-sized businesses in the province are about 63 thousand. But on the whole, we look good against the background of other subjects in the SME segment, we occupy 22 place in Russia by the number of exporters. In the whole country, only about 13,5 thousand small and medium-sized enterprises enter foreign markets.
EastRussia help. According to the data of the Far Eastern Customs Administration, in the 2016 year, the Khabarovsk Territory exported goods worth $ 1,54 billion. The largest export items: timber and its products - $ 503,8 million (32,6%), aircraft - $ 294,4 million (19%), fish, crustaceans , Mollusks - $ 226,8 million (14,7%), fuel, including coal - $ 203,6 million (13%), precious metals and products from them - $ 139,1 million (9%). The other types of goods account for 11,7% of exports in value terms. Top 5 countries importing products of the Khabarovsk Territory - China (imported products worth about $ 900 million), the Republic of Korea ($ 276 million), Great Britain ($ 99,5 million), Japan ($ 90 million) and Switzerland ($ 53 million) .
- And what can a small company supply abroad?
- As an example - a famous ice cream brand "Hare" Ilya Amirkhanov. The company is delivering to China and is now launching a packaging project. Technical capabilities do not yet allow it to export products in a packed version, which, by the way, prevented the beginning of regular shipments to Korea. The enterprise applied for pre-export financing, it is approved. The culture of consumption in Asia requires packaging. And in Korea the project has not been set yet because it's impossible to just put your "cart" with ice cream, as we do in city ponds, in Seoul - we need to have a stationary point and tie street trade to it. Negotiations are also going on with the Japanese side. Endorsement and support of the products is also from Singapore, but there the question rests on packaging.
- Is this the only niche available for SMEs - food products?
- Now it is very demanded primarily by the Chinese market, although there are also nuances: there are other tastes there than we have. And most of the Russian food products coming to China goes, of course, not from the Khabarovsk Territory, though through us - for example, chocolate. However, our contribution is also there. There are supplies of Khabarovsk cookies, which are now through an intermediary, but will begin in a direct scheme this year. The honey is in demand. There are small companies that export so-called non-timber forest resources, for example, peeled nuts. But the goods are seasonal, and our producers do not enter the foreign markets independently, but through partners in Moscow. We export furs to Germany. We supply small amounts of food additives based on maral antlers to Vietnam. There is also a scrap of horns, but the manufacturer wants to launch deeper processing.
- Which products and companies of the listed need support for export?
- Probably all enterprises, even large ones, although they certainly have more opportunities and at least have their departments for foreign economic activity. But we can also help them, through the contacts of the regional government with trade missions of the Russian Federation in different countries. One way or another, the national export support system is being formed. We are the "one window" for her. And small companies often just do not know how and where to start.
- The center, as the name suggests, has a consulting role, and what about banks? Do they have specialized products for exporters?
- The question is correct, because the exporters have problems in the long run: lack of funds and information. If the block of information we close, then the funding - it gradually becomes easier. For example, even the "Entrepreneurship Support Fund" of the province launched a separate product - an export loan. Most banks have agreements on cooperation with the Russian Export Credit and Investment Insurance Agency (EXAM). The agency helps, first, to insure export transactions, and secondly, it provides warranty support to the exporter for banks. The guarantee of EXAR for the bank is even better than the mortgage of real estate, and this tool is a worker, it was used by Khabarovsk companies more than once. In the system of the Russian Export Center there is also Roseximbank, focused on supporting exports. This bank has a large product line, but, unfortunately, we do not have it yet. While in regions on the basis of the subdivisions of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the REC units are being formed, which help to go out to the bank. In addition, SME Bank, which supports small and medium-sized businesses in general, also finances export deals. In general, all major banks are interested in any effective business projects. As you can see, there are many instruments, but not everything is so simple.
- And how do you translate knowledge?
- The business still does not know much, including about what support measures exporters can count on. Entrepreneurs are used to "cook in their porridge," something is missing sometimes and time, and about the export activities of small businesses - a great information vacuum. We have a portal for foreign economic activity of the Khabarovsk Territory, where a lot of useful information - from the calendar of exhibitions to the knowledge base. Last year in 13 subjects of Russia the educational project of the REC was launched, in the Far East our region participates in the "pilot" stage. The courses were developed and read for free by professionals. The training is modular - starting from negotiations and ending with the delivery. Last year, we trained 41 company.
- Is there an effect in the form of appearance of new exporters from such events?
- Some of the students are already engaged in export. But there is a replenishment, of course. For example, the honey production company, having listened to the course, has already made trial deliveries and applied for a large exhibition in Dubai. It is not necessary to wait for a quick response, this is a painstaking systematic work, but one can not not engage in educational programs.
Top 10 exporters in 2016 year
(According to the Center for Support and Development of Export of the Khabarovsk Territory)
1. OJSC "Urgalugol"
2. OOO "Trading House RFP"
3. Khabarovsk Fuel Company LLC
4. Albazino Resources Ltd.
5. Lan Ltd
6. OJSC Amurmetal
7. CJSC "Shelekhovsky Integrated Forestry Production Enterprise"
8. JSC "Forist-Starma"
9. Rimbunan Hijau Far Eastern Company LLC
10. LLC Amur Timber Industry Company