This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
On its build ...
Managing Director of JSC "Eastern Port" Anatoly Lazarev told a correspondent of IA "EastRussia" about why the regime of "full openness" is especially good for coal terminals
- Anatoly Anatolyevich, last year Vostochny Port JSC, which you are in charge of, led his
In 2012, in his Address, Russian President Vladimir Putin drew attention to the need to develop the country's port facilities. In parallel, our shareholders decided to increase the capacity of JSC Vostochny Port almost twofold. The construction was started - and the new terminal will be able to join already in 2017 year. By 2020, the total annual turnover of the company should reach almost 40 million tons - more precisely, 39 million. There are a lot of objects: hydrotechnical facilities, equipment, railway infrastructure, artificial land, etc. The project was realized more than half, within the framework of the IX International exhibition "Transport of Russia" we presented a breadboard model and a prospective business model of the terminal, which aroused great interest. We build, I will especially note, solely on my own money. This is a fairly large investment. At the beginning of the project, of course, the amounts were different. Now the construction is more active.
- "Your money" - that is, shareholders' funds or profit?
- This is the money that we earn, providing today the transshipment of coal products.
- Are you not afraid that the price of coal will fall so much that it will be unprofitable to take it to the world market?
- With such a risk we live every day.
- And in extreme cases, the terminal can be reformatted?
- Not. It is designed for narrow specialization and only for one direction of export.
- Will the new terminal be covered?
- No, it's open. At the same time, all labor protection standards, industrial safety parameters and environmental requirements are fully observed. I do not understand at all what is the basis for talking about the fact that coal terminals must necessarily be isolated from all sides. Coal can not be closed. Or - if it is still done - then it is necessary to strictly control the possible processes of smoldering and burning. The danger of storing coal is determined by its ability to spontaneous combustion. The coal is a cargo that can not be kept in a closed space. Its physical and chemical properties are such that the only way to extinguish a fire in the mass of coal is to carry out the stow, tranship, pinch, "crush" the machinery. But it can not be watered with water, because it reacts with it chemically. There is another option to completely pump out oxygen, but create a vacuum at the warehouse - this is from the realm of fantasy. And here's the problem. There is a warehouse, there is a load, and no one can do anything with it, because you simply will not enter the room - coal, when burning or smoldering, releases substances dangerous for human life. In fact, not comparable to his life. I sincerely can not understand - why it was decided that from the closure of the terminals everyone will immediately "be happy". Will not be. Only a headache in the literal and figurative sense. And today there are examples of indoor terminals that have faced such a problem.
Naturally, if the terminal is built from scratch, all these moments can be taken into account. But even the only terminal in the post-Soviet space for transshipping coal in the Baltic, which has closed warehouses, is currently unprofitable. The cost of work in it is much higher than in other terminals. And you still need to build something that in the future will be in demand.
- You are now doing large-scale work and also probably evaluate different scenarios for the future. What risks do you consider in your plans?
- The decision to build and develop was accepted, and we did not back off from it. We now clearly understand that the timetables for the implementation of the project are fully achievable on schedule - despite all unfavorable changes in the economy and geopolitics, the fall in the ruble's exchange rate to world currencies, etc. We do not stop and go further. But we depend not only on our own determination. If railroad stations and roads do not start now, then we simply will not be able to start our launch.
We understand that while the Russian Railways do not have the physical ability to deliver us the goods. You can not ask the state more than it can give. AT
We can stand for a long time with an outstretched hand, but this cannot be done. It is necessary to go and solve the problems themselves, no matter how difficult it may be. And rely on our own strength - as we do with our construction. Now the project of the station and access roads in our hands, we send it for examination. By the time of launching the third stage of the Coal Terminal, we expect to get a technical opportunity to work through ways that we will build with our own money. TO
For today, the resources of the railway here and on the Trans-Siberian in general, to put it mildly, are limited. The throughput can be somewhat improved by improving the operational activities of RZD specialists (weighting of trains, a clear timetable, etc.). The state as the main shareholder of Russian Railways invests billions in the restoration of roads, of 2016 billion allocated to 160 billion for Primorsky landfill is about 20 billion. It is very important to be the first here, since this program is just before 2016 year and is calculated. So, we need to start up our cars during this period, fix our ability to sign contracts, and before that - show our client the readiness to take the cargo in an additional amount, which we very much count on.
- Costs promise to be considerable. Can you help something with the latest innovations - in particular, the residence in the Free Port of Vladivostok?
- We have submitted an application for joining the resident SPV on the first day after the relevant law began to operate. We were in Nakhodka at the last meeting of the head of the Ministry of Eastern Development Alexander Galushka, to which we invited all the port workers. And they were convinced that none of the participants of the event were eligible for the SPV residents. I will say more - even the port of Vladivostok itself does not pass under these conditions. The law is designed to the maximum for new investors, for new enterprises. But we, for example, cannot now register a new enterprise, because all the necessary documents for the construction of Vostochny Port JSC have already been received and we are obliged to carry out construction.
- Will you contact Minvostokrazvitiya with a request to amend this law?
- Minister Alexander Galushka instructed his staff to understand the situation and develop appropriate amendments to the legislation. We are waiting for them in the near future. I will say more: we are not just waiting, but actively participating in their preparation, as they are interested in them no less than the Vladivostok Free Port Authority itself.
- Are you yourself ready to work on the principle of "faster, higher, stronger"?
“We are confident that our plans to launch our terminal in 2017 will be supported by the readiness of the railways to accept additional cargo. There are really a lot of applications. Those who live in Primorye understand the situation. Today, every day in the newspapers they write that another new terminal is being created, that its throughput is not less than 20 million tons ... Sometimes there is a deceptive feeling that an incredible rise began in the market of stevedoring services - there were only building sites around. Railway workers are just in shock and do not know what to do with all this. They are not allowed by law to refuse to issue technical specifications, but they understand that if all these projects are really implemented, there will be a collapse on the road.
We send our specialists to see if there are warehouses in the places they are writing about in the media, if equipment is being purchased, berths are dumped, and so on. People come and tell - no, there is grass, daisies, seashore, tents, campgrounds, tourists take rest. You start to think - and why all this talk about
- You have already two large customers - SUEK and Kuzbassrazrezugol - to load the terminal under construction. Do you have enough or someone else?
- There are some big players who want to enter the markets of Southeast Asia. We are ready to provide them with services. For today at our enterprise there are about 25 different commercial coal programs. We work with a number of coal mining companies, including both large market players and rather young companies. We are open, therefore I am sure that the new terminal, which we plan to launch in 2017, will not only surpass the existing one, but will also be fully loaded.
The structure of JSC "Vostochny Port" today includes two production and reloading complexes. The first is the only specialized coal complex in the Primorye Territory with a system of conveyor equipment and a station for unloading wagons (the level of automation is 98,9%, the capacity of transshipment is 14,2 million tons per year). The second one is a universal production and reloading complex. It specializes in clamshell coal handling, its capacity is 3 million tons per year. The completion of the construction of the third stage of terminal capacities is planned for 2017.