This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"There are no such vessels in the Far East"
Chairman of the Fisherman's collective farm. Lenin Sergey Tarusov about new ships, personnel and "quotas under the keel"
The new vessel for fishermen of the Far East was launched in Kaliningrad 30 March 2018. They became the "Commander" - the serial trawler-seiner of the project SK-3101R, created at the Baltic Shipyard "Yantar". The vessel was the second of the Kaliningrad shipyards for the Rybolovetsky kolkhoz. Lenin (Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky), the contract for the construction of three trawler-seiners was signed in January of the year 2016 - similar to the 20 years. EastRussia asked to tell the chairman of the Kamchatka enterprise, Sergei Tarusov, about the details of the project.
- It seems to me that the main reason is the lack of qualified personnel for this. For example, I was at the "Khabarovsk Shipyard". From the point of view of production capacity, the enterprise allows the construction of such ships, but problems with personnel do not allow this. Apparently, in the 1990s, we lost specialists who could work at shipyards - these are hull workers, locksmiths, and riggers - a whole range of professions. The people that exist today will not be able to build ships of this quality and in such a time frame. It is much more profitable today to order a ship from the Far East to Kaliningrad, despite the long distances. And this is reality.
- And what caused the choice of the shipyard in Kaliningrad?
- Before ordering ships, I myself drove through many shipyards, visited Yaroslavl, Severodvinsk, St. Petersburg. Most of all I liked the PSZ "Yantar".
- Have you considered the possibility of building these ships outside of Russia?
- We preferred to build ships in Russia, because the program "quotas in exchange for investments" launched by the President of the country Vladimir Putin has begun to work and has already yielded results. Of course, there were many skeptics about it, but life has shown that we can build these ships in Russia and can work on them. Of course, it is difficult for us to build such ships ourselves using our own funds, but the “keel quota” program played a significant role in choosing the location and prompted the construction of ships at Russian shipyards.
- What are the features of the vessels being created?
- These are unique vessels that will operate in the Far East in any conditions. They will be able to master all the biological resources of the Far Eastern region, with different fishing gear - this is a trawl, a snurrevod (bottom seine - EastRussia) and a purse seine. As for the latter, this is especially important, because Iwashi herring is starting to enter our waters again, and for a long-term period - practically for 15-20 years. I think that everyone remembers this fish, all its useful properties and qualities that it possesses.
Another feature of this vessel is that it can store catch in tanks with cooled seawater for a week. It turns out that almost from any point of catching fish we can deliver the raw material to the shore, where to produce high-quality products from it, first of all, for the Russian consumer.
- Does the collective farm plan to implement other joint projects with the Yantar Shipyard in the field of shipbuilding?
- Yes, we intend to cooperate further. With the management of this enterprise, we will discuss a new contract for the construction of ships, but of a different, much larger class. Today, the need for a fishing fleet in the Far East is really great, because our fleet is old. And I think that Kaliningrad shipbuilders will have even more orders.