This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"We plan to introduce Muscovites to the music of the Far East"
Ilya Lagutenkoleader of the group "Mumiy Troll"
- Ilya, to the question of terms. "Far East" or "Pacific Russia" - which one do you prefer? And 15-20 years ago, how did you identify your land?
- The Far East is a much broader concept. It has been known for several centuries and defined the territories of the globe that were "farther" than the modern Middle East and Central Asia. Pacific Russia - a more detailed definition on a global scale. It seems to me. And Primorsky Territory is its southern part. And here the identification remains the same as it was 20 years ago.
- Vladivostok yesterday, today, tomorrow - what is most important for you in the development of the city? What good things to note from what comes? From what, on the contrary, remains? What a pity to leave?
- A dream. The main thing that always remains is a dream. About how it would be possible to equip the city, reasonably evaluating its position and resources.
- How carefully do you follow the socio-political agenda? Free port of Vladivostok - how, for example, is this topic interesting for you?
- Maybe you will write a new song? Here, the freshly discovered island of Yaya has already found its reflection in your clip "Vitamins".
- I do not stop writing songs. And most of them are really connected with Vladivostok, the Pacific Ocean and Asian cultural movements. It's just that people sometimes do not see it from the side. They have an unprepared perception of Pacific reality. But I continue my cult education.
- Are there any attempts to classify and create such an entity as “modern Russian Far Eastern culture”? How would you describe her? Who would you name?
- Ilya, you are an Orientalist. Tell us about your first trip to the Celestial Empire. What impressed you the most? Were there any stereotypes that did not materialize?
- It was the end of 1980-ies. I worked as a translator for the delegation of the Primorsky Healthcare, and we, in fact, opened the way for the cooperation of traditional Chinese medicine specialists with the specialists of our city hospital. Although I remember the metropolitan businessmen who mocked the Chinese realities and offered to sell benches from the USSR municipal parks for the production of chopsticks. Through 20 years of occasions for laughter there is not much left, as well as benches in the parks.
- How much Chinese culture coincides with your inner understanding of Eastern culture today?
- She can't match. But it complements my ideas about the present day on the globe.
- Surely the Chinese philosophy somehow influenced your writing songs? How do you perceive the audience in Asian countries?
- No more than lectures on the history of the CPSU. Although, both of them help to communicate, for example, with Chinese entrepreneurs. Over the past five years, the situation in the Asian rock and roll market has changed a lot. This is due to the formation of a new generation of creative youth, open to experiments with historically uncharacteristic musical formats, and also a growing audience with an interest and financial capabilities to support these genres. The public still has a certain curiosity about "foreign things", but the attempts of Russian artists, including me personally, to establish contacts, can be counted on one hand, and all these are absolutely piece experiments that have no chance of growing into the industry of "cultural export" ...
- In 2015, Mumiy Troll will present a film about the Sedov sailing barque. what
Is this a story?
- This is a story about a group from a seaside city that goes on a sea voyage around the world in order to tell about itself and its city. This is not a documentary, most likely a genre of musical drama.
- For the third year in a row you have been spending a festival in Vladivostok so far from Moscow. What's the chip?
There is a science about amateur festival movements, and I studied them on my own experience for the past fifteen years. So, most organically, such cultural initiatives are developing in compact cities close to different cultural international centers. For several years, such events have a positive effect on the general economic background. We have a unique chance to put Vladivostok on the world cultural map. But the competition is very high.
- You said that you really want to go to space. Keep track of the construction site
- So far I only hear in the press about the financial scandals associated with the construction of the cosmodrome, I am afraid, we will not go anywhere for a long time.
- We heard that you are opening the Mumiy Troll bar in Moscow. What will be the highlight besides the name?
- This is our Pacific musical embassy. We plan to acquaint Muscovites with the music of the entire Far East.