This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"We will remain leaders in coal transshipment"
- Anatoly Anatolyevich, what do you think about the opinion that the ports of the Far East are the basis for the accelerated development of the country's eastern territories?
- I completely agree. Economic development is unthinkable without the development of the transport industry. And considering that today our region is developing at a serious pace, we cannot do without modern infrastructure and modernization of port facilities.
- What is the structure of the "Eastern Port"?
- "East Port" - the largest stevedore for transshipment of coal products. For 2012 year the turnover was 18 million tons, for 2013 year - 17,8 million tons. This year, we plan to reach an indicator of 21 million tons, that is, the dynamics of growth are evident.
Also on the terminal there are large warehouses for accumulation - the shipment there is also automated, that is, the delivery from the warehouse to the ship's loading machine takes place by moving along the conveyor lines. Capacity of all equipment 3 thousand tons per hour. It turns out, within a day we are ready to ship 60 thousand tons. Accordingly, and unloading at the terminal is in the amount of 50-60 thousand tons. The figures are colossal, but that's probably what distinguishes us from other stevedores in Primorye.
Our second terminal is universal, it specializes in clamshell coal handling with the use of portal cranes. Four berths of a universal complex with a length of almost 800 meters have the ability to handle ships of up to 70 thousand tons deadweight. The terminal is able to process not only bulk cargoes, but also any others, starting from containers, finishing with rolled metal, any bulk, at the same time both export and import. Today, the coal market is quite interesting, so the universal terminal is involved in transshipment of coal. The capacity of the complex is 3 million tons per year. According to the results of this year, it is planned to get more than 4 million tons.
- And what auxiliary units, without which the terminals can not work?
- Of course, the structure of the enterprise includes many “assistants”, as we call them, whose main task is to provide freight handling. This electrical equipment: overhead cable lines, three large electrical substations, individual thermal installations. This heating system - three own boiler houses. It is also a training course, which on its site trains the specialists who come to work with us. The equipment we use is unique, it is almost always done specifically for us or according to our projects. Accordingly, in order to work on it, you need special education. In addition, at the training center, we prepare specialists not only for ourselves, but also for third-party stevedoring companies.
We have departmental fire protection, which is engaged in escorting dangerous goods, for example, within the framework of the Northern delivery, and its main task is to provide fire safety in the port. In 2015, it is planned to purchase a new fire engine.
- In 2010, you launched a five-year program to improve the technology of work, upgrade and upgrade equipment. How is it going?
- Together with Managing Port Company LLC, we continue to work actively to improve the quality of services provided and increase the cargo turnover of Vostochny Port OJSC. In 2010, we started the implementation of a program to improve work technology, upgrade and upgrade equipment. During the five years for which the program is designed, modern port equipment is acquired for the port.
The technology of work is changing on the universal complex. Purchased wheeled vehicles, belt stackers, built warehouses in the rear areas of the berths, which had not previously been involved. Plus in the territory of this complex we build railway infrastructure. Previously, it was limited, since the terminal was built without reference to any kind of cargo. But now we specialize in bulk, and this requires the need for very large warehouses and the possibility of a one-time setting of a large number of wagons. Additional railway lines are required. Infrastructurally, we should be able to host an increased number of wagons - not 55, as before, when the port was only being built, and 70, what routes are coming. This is the aim of the program for the construction of railway infrastructure. We are working on a common business - increasing the potential of the Far East in the field of cargo handling, we are trying to go in this direction.
- Starting from December to mid-April, one of the main problems of stevedores-coal miners is coal firing. You have implemented some development to make it easier to unload coal in winter. Please tell us in more detail.
Then the cars go to the car dumpers, where the coal is unloaded. But in winter, strong winds are blowing, therefore windbreaks with an extension of 100 meters are built above the railway tracks, each of them has an 30-meter block equipped with infrared emitters, which provides additional heating and prevents coal from freezing to the walls of gondola cars. On the above-bunker grills of car dumpers, updated crushing and milling machines have been installed. The whole complex of measures allows not only to reduce the time of unloading, but also to minimize the work of people in hazardous areas.
- This year, the port shows excellent results: in January-July 2014, the turnover of coal products increased compared with the APPG indicators by 20,1% to 12 million 572,7 thousand tons. In the 7 months of the year, the 71% of the annual plan has already been fulfilled. How did you achieve such high results?
- These results were achieved partly thanks to this very program for the modernization of the port infrastructure. Updated equipment and automated transshipment process allow to shorten the time of coal unloading, which means that they save our time and money for customers. Plus already established in two years, the technology of work in the winter, which allows you to ship coal to the necessary fraction without much difficulty.
- You have started construction of a new coal terminal. In early July, a contract was signed with the Marubeni Corporation Trade House for the complex supply of specialized equipment for the Third Stage of the Coal Complex in the amount of 3,5 billion rubles. How will the transshipment volume in the port change after the launch of the complex?
- In November 2012, the beginning of the construction of the future third stage of the specialized complex. The project is designed for 48 months and is conducted by experts of Vostochny Port OJSC together with Managing Port Company LLC. The notional date of putting the complex into operation is 1, January 2017. We plan that already in 2017, the third phase will reach its design capacity of 10 million tons per year.
We create a mirror image of the existing specialized complex on a site in 54 hectares, of which 17 hectares is an artificially created site. The total area of one-time storage of goods will be about 800 thousand tons. Here, from scratch, all the necessary railway infrastructure and four warehouses will be created, the equipment will be installed: two tandem car dumpers, machines for placing and taking goods from the warehouse — stackers and reclaimers. Fully pipelined support is created to move the load.
- What is the uniqueness of the project?
- The capacity of warehouses will be up to 1,5 million tons, due to the fact that it will be possible both to unload at the current terminal when the cargo is placed in the warehouses of the new one, and vice versa, that is, the terminals are connected. Plus, the automation level remains. Just as in the existing complex, car-breaking machines will be provided for the simultaneous warm-up of 40 gondola cars.
- At what stage is the construction?
- What has been done to date: the works on vertical planning, formation of the territory and bank protection of the third turn site have been fully completed. Complex works on the construction of basic facilities are underway - the foundations for warehouses, buildings for personnel, industrial premises for energy purposes, transport facilities and communications departments are being prepared. In parallel, work is underway on the laying of engineering communications. The 51А letter quay has been fully completed, it is intended for receiving volumetric technological equipment, which is easier to unload in large parts and assemble on the site as close as possible to construction. After the construction of the third stage of the complex, the mooring will be used for mooring the fleet.
- Does the project comply with environmental requirements? And how does the company solve the problems of imminent environmental pollution?
- Care for ecology and preservation of the environment in its original form is one of the priority tasks of the "Eastern Port". The structure of the company includes an environmental department with an accredited laboratory. This department online monitors the amount of dust in the air and the state of water. All equipment used at the terminals is equipped with a dust suppression and dust protection system. In the area of car dumpers in the coal complex, the aspiration system operates 24 hours a day, 18 air purification plants and eight local wastewater treatment plants are constantly operating at the enterprise. For example, with the help of dust collectors in our specialized complex, the air is purified by 98,5%.
We are also implementing an environmental project to modernize treatment facilities at a universal production and handling complex. The cost of this project is about $ 4,5 million; this year we are completing the production of these treatment facilities. These are large sedimentation tanks that separate water from dust and coal. At each berth, a specialized tank is installed, where precipitation and water from the irrigation system get into direct flow, that is, from the berth, all this does not go into the sea, but goes to sedimentation tanks where the water purification process takes place. After quality control, water is discharged into the sea. There are no analogues to this system in any of the ports of the Far East. The multi-stage wastewater treatment system includes a whole list of buildings equipped with a multi-level filtration system. According to environmentalists' forecasts, the water will be purified to the level of a fishery reservoir. The port has large territories, so it is possible to install large-scale treatment facilities. We can do it - we do it.
Facilities for wastewater treatment are being installed on the territory of the future third stage. So far, this is only the skeleton of the settling pond, but by the time the complex is put into operation, a multi-level filtration system will be created that will allow to clean the wastewater to the indicators of the fishery reservoir, similar to the sewage treatment plant at the Universal Complex. Vostochny Port OJSC and Managing Port Company LLC pay special attention to environmental protection, so we are starting to introduce ecological installations today, long before the terminal starts operation.
- Vostochny Port OJSC pays great attention to social policy. What is it?
- The company is included in the register of socially responsible organizations of the Russian Federation. Employees are provided with a wide range of social guarantees and benefits. Every year, our company allocates significant funds for social programs. This includes sanatorium-resort treatment, the health of workers and their children, medical services. Employees of "Eastern Port" have a number of social guarantees, as well as a range of financial benefits, such as social insurance, loans, maternity benefits. Provided free training in their own training center, and in third-party universities, regular training.
The average salary of employees of Vostochny Port OJSC following the results of 2013 of the year - 52,6 thousand rubles, salary indexation is carried out annually. While the average salary in the Primorsky Territory for 2013 a year is 30,6 thousand rubles, in the Far East - 33,9 thousand rubles, in the country - 27,3 thousand rubles.
In addition, OJSC Eastern Port is a city-forming enterprise and the largest taxpayer. In 2014, our taxes to the budgets of different levels will be about 750 million rubles, and with the commissioning of the third stage, this amount will increase to 2 billion rubles.
- Should ports be included in TORs? What problems of ports in this case will be solved?
- As far as I understand, at the moment TORA presupposes first of all the development of production. We are still a company that provides a service. If inclusion in the TOP allows us, for example, to additionally build a railway station, that is, accelerate the process of expanding the railway station "Nakhodka-Vostochnaya" and the construction of additional branches of the railway on the access roads to the port, and in this case construction will be production, then we do not see any contradictions in this and are ready to take part in such projects. If there is such a territory that will allow the port to earn more power, there will be new interesting projects, it will be good, but we are more likely to benefit from the consequences here than from the very fact of creating TORs.
- Please rate the prospects for the development of the main ports of the Far East in general and the Eastern Port in particular.