This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
We do our best to attract investors
Sergei Kachaev, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East, told the EastRussia agency about how the Ministry of Regional Development implements the instructions of the President of the country
- Sergey Valerievich, what are the plans of the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East?
- The Ministry has developed a whole complex of fundamental laws and instruments for the development of the macroregion. Among them, for example, the law on ASEZ, on the Free Port of Vladivostok, an integral system of infrastructure support for investment projects, and others. A bill has been prepared to expand the Free Port regime to all key harbors in the Far East. Recently, at a government meeting, a bill was discussed on the allocation of land to citizens in the Far East. The corresponding bill has been submitted to the State Duma. I hope that the first readings will take place by the end of the year.
— We often hear that the idea of this "hectare of land" for everyone in the Far East is quite controversial. How do you think most ordinary Russians can use it?
- The bill assumes that any Russian has the right to receive and use such a land plot for any purpose that does not contradict the legislation of the country. In your application for the provision of a site, you only need to indicate what type of use the person intends to use. If he wants, he will be engaged in agriculture on his hectare, or he will build himself a residential building, or open some kind of business.
The land fund of the Far East exceeds 600 million hectares. The monitoring of the land showed that less than 3 million hectares are currently used by individuals and legal entities. Approximately 147 million hectares are suitable for habitation or economic development - mainly these are plots with a permitted type of use for agriculture, forest land and industrial territories. Naturally, first of all, people will look for plots near settlements.
— Earth can only get abandoned?
- Yes, if the site is not involved in any way. Our task now, with the help of an IT system, to clearly define where land can be taken and where not. So that citizens can choose. We are currently developing the corresponding service with Rosreestr. Until the law is passed, the land is not issued, but we have launched the information portal NaDalnyVostok.RF.
— Is there interest?
- There is interest in acquiring land. For 2 months of work, the information portal was visited by more than 100 thousand citizens. The majority of website visitors (67 percent) are Russians aged 18 to 34.
At the same time, the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East launched a 600-hour hotline. For two months of work, she received more than XNUMX calls. Citizens' applications were also accepted by e-mail. Most of the questions received by the hotline and e-mail are related to the specification of the start date for registration of land plots, the conditions for their provision and the criteria for assessing land development. Russians are also interested in the possibility of obtaining land for all family members and close relatives. Basically, residents' plans are to create their own farm or build their own housing. Applications are coming from abroad. These are citizens of the Russian Federation who would like to return to their homeland and live in the Far East. There are only a few such appeals, but they are quite remarkable.
— The state gives land for free. And how will taxes be calculated on it?
- This is determined by the Land Code. Naturally, the tax is not taken for the first 5 years. Then, when the site becomes the property of its owner, it is calculated on a general basis, at the cadastral value. Therefore, a citizen, choosing this hectare for himself, must estimate in advance how much in 5 years he will pay taxes. If he wants to sell the land later, he has every right. Thus, by the way, it is planned to develop the real estate market. The only "but": even after 5 years the land plot can only be sold to a Russian, not a foreign buyer. Also, the citizen will have a choice - to register the land after 5 years in ownership or lease. There is also such an option.
— Is it possible to take a hectare in the TOP?
- In the TOP - of course not. But there may be free areas near some of the ASEZs.
— Which TOPs are currently pinning the most hopes on and what problems are you preparing for?
- Let me remind you that now there are 9 TORs in the Far East. The Far East Development Corporation received over 70 applications from investors with a total planned investment of over 260 billion rubles. The leaders in terms of the number of applications are TOP "Khabarovsk", "Nadezhdinskaya", "Industrial Park Kangalassy". The leader in terms of investment capacity is the Priamurskaya ASEZ.
Work on the creation of the TOP continues. We are creating a whole network of similar territories throughout the macro-region. To date, applications have been received and materials have been prepared on several ASEZs that may be created in 2016. These are Amur Region, Jewish Autonomous Region, Primorsky Territory and Sakhalin Region.
— What are the requirements for future residents of ASEZs? Are there any advantages for foreign companies?
- Regardless of the scale of the project, residents must confirm that they have the money to implement it. That this is not just an idea, but a business for which entrepreneurs are ready to take on certain obligations.
As for foreigners, there are no privileges for them. But they are closely looking at our TOP system, which promises them quite serious advantages in the current tough competition in the market. Nobody wants to miss such a chance. In the Far East, we have examples of how, back in the 70s and 80s of the last century, the Japanese were actively building in Neryungri, many production facilities were provided with the supply of imported equipment and technology. Now the time is different - and much more favorable. I think foreign investors will hesitate for too long and will not hesitate.
— But there is also the Free Port of Vladivostok. How are things going there?
- The Free Port of Vladivostok is the development of the idea of priority development territories. This economic zone unites 15 coastal municipalities. These are all the key ports in the south of the Far East from Zarubino to Nakhodka. The first resident has already been approved. It is the Pacific Investment Company. The company will build a hotel with 182 rooms in the Slavyanka village in the Khasansky district of Primorye. The volume of investments is five billion rubles. Now 10 applications have been received from potential residents, with a total planned investment of more than 60 billion rubles.
The free port regime is planned to be extended to a number of municipalities of the Kamchatka and Khabarovsk Territories, the Sakhalin Region, and the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug. The Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East has prepared a corresponding bill.
At the same time, I would like to stress that the Free Port is not a frozen form. We are in close contact with the business community, regional authorities and experts. Now it is planned to create a medical cluster. For this, changes are being made to the legislation to enable foreign companies to operate in accordance with their standards.
— Not everyone can become residents of the ASEZ or the Free Port. What other development tools is being developed by the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East?
- Recently, the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East has completed the next acceptance of applications for state infrastructure support for the creation of engineering infrastructure facilities for investment projects. This is another mechanism to support investors. All Far Eastern regions took part in the selection. As a result, 15 applications were submitted. These are projects in the field of mining, development of deposits, organization of production in the agro-industrial sector, construction. Soon we will sum up the selection results, rank projects and propose to the government subcommittee to approve state support for them.
We already have such experience; this is the second selection of investment projects. Earlier this year, 6 investment projects have already been selected. For their support, more than 13 billion rubles of direct government subsidies were allocated from the budget. Thanks to this support, investors will be able to implement projects with a total volume of RUB 126 billion in private investment.
— How are these projects selected?
- The criteria are absolutely clear. This is the amount of added value, the amount of tax revenues from the project to all levels of the budget system, as well as the amount of attracted private investment per 1 ruble of government support.