This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Small, but deleted
What will EAO present at the WEF - asked EastRussia
The vice-governor of the Jewish Autonomous Region, Alexander Levintal, talks about the advantages that the region intends to surprise investors at the Eastern Economic Forum, as well as whether watermelons are growing in the EAO and for which water they paid gold in the tsarist years.
- Alexander Borisovich, cross-border railway crossing over the Amur River Nizhneleninskoye - Tongjiang will become the basis of the territory of the advanced development (TOR) of the Jewish Autonomous Region. The Development Fund of the Far East allocates for the construction of the "long-suffering" (the Chinese side began to build its own part at the beginning of the 2014 year - the comment of the author) of the bridge 2,5 billion rubles - the work "boiled"?
- Now there are definitely no more obstacles, the construction scheme has been approved, work has begun. I was at the site - the quarry had already begun to develop, that is, everything was moving. I hope that in the coming 1,5-2, the railway crossing will be built.
The total amount of investments in the Russian part of the project (this bridge and bridge objects) is 10 billion rubles, of which 25% is provided by the Development Fund of the Far East, and 75% - by the Russian Direct Investment Fund.
- The bridge over the Amur River will be presented at the Eastern Economic Forum. What other projects does the Jewish Autonomous Region plan to demonstrate to investors?
- We will present industrial and logistics projects "around the bridge" of Nizhneleninsk-Tongjiang through the Amur River, in which Birobidzhan is involved, projects for servicing the Kimkan-Sutarsky GOK, development of a graphite deposit, and the construction of the Kuldur recreational complex. All these projects are aimed at changing the social and economic situation not only in the region, but also in the country, and will require the involvement of highly qualified specialists.
Is it true that due to the lack of specialists in the fields of the EAO, the domination of the Chinese is observed?
- Not certainly in that way. With the participation of the Chinese side in the region, up to 70% of land is cultivated. What is meant by dominance? A Chinese company has come, let's say, for an auction - it has the same right as a Russian company, and wins. Moreover, we now set a lot of land for land reclamation, when not just a ready land, but it still needs to be invested. And then the Chinese companies come more often, which, of course, is good, because they expand the sowing wedge. This is one point. Another is that some of the companies - domestic farmers - take Chinese labor. There are times when people are employed illegally, but we are fighting, we identify offenders. The trouble is not that there are many Chinese, but how much their attraction is beneficial to the Russian side. This is the main interest, so we are actively negotiating with China from the point of view of the joint effectiveness of projects. In particular, we work on livestock complexes.
The negative situation in agriculture is manifested in the fact that both Chinese and Russian farmers rushed to grow soybeans. In some districts of 95-97% of our land, soybean is planted. This can not be done - it is possible a maximum of half, and then it is necessary to observe crop rotation: one soybean kills the land. At the same time, grown soybean almost completely goes to China. We need to work in this direction with both the Chinese and the Russian side. To adjust the work of our regulatory bodies, to build a normal crop rotation under contracts, so that it is impossible to give land for sublease: if you want to do it, take it and work, do not perform a crop rotation - you lose the land. With China, we have the border of 500 km, it is necessary to build mutually beneficial relations, to develop work methods correctly.
- How to revise the crop sector so that there is no one soy?
- There are two directions. The Chinese, for their part, introduced quotas for the supply of maize, various forage crops (we can not supply them with corn), and they take soy. We are currently negotiating to open quotas for us, and we could not only grow soybeans, but also supply other agricultural products. This is the first. The second is to develop livestock, because then there is a demand for fodder crops. When we run into the peasants - and say: "what are you doing just this," they answer: "where we will produce products, there is no animal husbandry, and soy is a very profitable product for sale to China." Therefore, livestock should be raised - then there will be a consumer and a "vicious circle" will break.
- Can tomatoes be grown in the EAO?
- You can and tomatoes, and vegetables, and even watermelons. Previously, in our region, a lot of potatoes were harvested. Now rice began to grow (although the Chinese, but ours also join). Climatic conditions allow.
- Have you received any concrete proposals regarding the development of agriculture in the region from foreign partners and investors?
- Yes. Together with investors in Heilongjiang Province have already begun preparatory work for the construction of a pig-breeding complex. There are other Russian-Chinese proposals. The Israelis showed interest in our region. We look at the most favorable offers and, first of all, we look at the land, because we need a fodder base, the investor asks for land, and they are already torn down, and the question is whether to unite land or agree with our peasants so that they supply fodder under long-term contracts - provided these livestock complexes. Then it will be good for the farmers too - they will know that they have a permanent market, and those who invest in the complex will have confidence in the future. So there are different forms of development. Therefore, investors today are unequivocally going to agriculture - livestock, ready to take land. Well, the Chinese, too. We only welcome them, because, unfortunately, we lag behind a number of technologies.
- Please tell us more about the development of the graphite deposit in the Jewish Autonomous Region. What is this project?
“This is the Soyuznoye deposit in the Oktyabrsky District. It is located approximately 100 km from the border with China and is one of the richest and highest-quality graphite deposits in the world. At the moment, the development of the project for the construction of a mining enterprise is being completed, and, accordingly, its construction will begin next year. Now there are already built roads and bridges. Within two years, a modern enterprise will be built. The total capacity of the mining and processing enterprise will be 350 thousand tons of ore, or production of 40 thousand tons of graphite concentrate. Finished products of the enterprise will be graphite of various grades used in metallurgy, refractory industry, as well as in lithium ion batteries - a new direction that is developing in Japan, Korea, Western Europe.
The company "Magnezit Group" is constructing the GOK, which will present the project at the Eastern Economic Forum. The company not only seeks co-investors, but also expands its sales markets. The total investment in the project is about 5,5 billion rubles.
Moreover, we have for the future allocated a site for processing graphite in Birobidzhan, to make some intermediate products from the extracted material, and not simply send raw materials.
- Do you think it is realistic to make the residents of Central Russia spend their holidays at the resort of Kuldur?
- May be. The resort is unique in that there is healing water, which, in addition to osteochondrosis and a number of diseases, treats infertility.
- About the resort "Talaya" in the Magadan region the same thing they say ...
- They can not be compared. In the Far East, there is no analogue of such water as on the Kuldur springs. This I say not just to praise. The field is already 100 years old, and its medical statistics are very good. By the way, in tsarist Russia for the right to dig a hole in these places, 12 rubles were taken in gold. At that time it was crazy money! I believe that the development will go, because, apart from the old sanatorium, which works ineffectively, two modern small capacities have been built. In them, the queue for six months ahead is painted. Who has visited, come here again and tell friends. If you invest in infrastructure - add mountain skiing, biking, health trails, there will be a resort, like in Altai, for example, the resort "Belokurikha", etc. Of course, the resort "Kuldur" is designed more for residents of the Far Eastern region, Eastern Siberia and China. They do not need to fly to us by planes: on the federal highway from Khabarovsk 4 hours, from Birobidzhan - 2 hours.
As for the new resort and recreational complex on the basis of the resort, then for infrastructure solutions the region will take care of something, and in the resort itself - we offer investors to invest. This project will also be presented at the WEF in the section of tourism and recreation.
- What is your mood for the Eastern Economic Forum?
- We are interested to participate in the event, because the forum will bring together REAL investors who can demonstrate our projects. We are a small territory, but this is our competitive advantage. Logistics: near China, near Khabarovsk, the region is crossed by the Trans-Siberian Railway and the Chita-Khabarovsk highway. From Birobidzhan for 2-3 hours to any point of the region can be reached by car. There are no such conditions anywhere in the Far East. At the same time, the region is rich in natural resources, some of which are unique.