This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
RDC: how to be more convenient and useful for business
General Director of KRDV JSC Aslan Kanukoev - on the results of the creation of TOP and SPV and on the opportunities that are opening up for business in these economic regimes
- Aslan Sultanovich, the first question is about the outcome of the CCDA. The Far East Development Corporation was established in 2015. What was achieved during this time?
- According to the law, the Far East Development Corporation is the managing company for the Far Eastern territories of advanced development (ТОР) and the free port of Vladivostok (SPV). Organizing the work of special economic regimes, developing them, interacting with residents is our main work.
To date, 19 TOR has been created in the Far East, and in the 22 municipalities, the SPV mode is in effect. 1 resident 646 is registered in these modes. Given that all projects are new, 228 enterprises have already managed to build themselves and start. The rest is being built or designed. For four years, our residents have already invested about 360 billion rubles and in fact created 25,8 thousand jobs. The development of business in TOR and SPV continues: there is an active construction of enterprises, new companies are coming. According to the agreements we have with residents, investors plan to invest more than 2,99 trillion rubles in their projects and create more than 123 thousand jobs. For comparison: in 2018, investment in fixed assets in Russia as a whole amounted, according to Rosstat, to 17,9 trillion rubles.
- What is the most attractive for business modes of TOP and SPV in the Far East?
- On TOR, above all, this is the possibility of obtaining infrastructure and land from the Corporation. A necessary condition for using such an opportunity is to implement the declared project with the planned parameters.
In doing so, the solution of technical and organizational issues is assumed by the Corporation. Currently 357 applications have been processed, in 262 cases technical conditions for connection to electricity, water supply and sewerage, heat, gas and communications have already been issued.
This is a tax break. Ten-year social benefits are reduced for residents from 30 to 7,6%. Taxes on profit, land, property (everywhere except Kamchatka) are zeroed for five years. For ten years, and the reduction factor for the tax on mining.
Residents of SPV can: without quotas attract foreign workers (up to 20%), and through supervisory boards there is the possibility of raising this level; use the free customs zone procedure. In addition, in the TOR and SPV, there is a special regime of control and supervisory activities, and the Ministry for the Development of Russia issues permission for the construction and commissioning of facilities.
And one more important point: all issues of interaction with government and other organizations, residents can solve on the principle of "one window" - through contacting the Corporation.
- Without electronic services in our time, even work on this principle will seem a matter of no time ... Which of them are now available to residents?
- The very status of the resident of TOR or SPV is already available in electronic form. Much of the applications do just that: it’s enough to submit an application on the Corporation's website - and the decision will be made in less than 15 days. Through the Internet, you can create a business plan and financial model, get the necessary advice from the personal manager assigned to the project. Residents demand legal advice, especially on land and property relations.
We develop digital services for business. Now we are working on the possibility of submitting electronic through applications to banks for lending and promotion of residents' products.
- You mentioned the legal assistance that the CRAA provides to residents. Do they often need it and in what cases?
- We provide the necessary legal support to residents. And this is not only expert advice. The Far East Development Corporation, as a management company, has the right to protect the rights and interests of residents in courts, seek clarifications from various authorities, and file complaints with supervisory authorities.
Now 146 lawsuits related to the protection of the rights and interests of residents of TOP and SPV are in production. Most of the cases relate to issues of concessional land plots. Sometimes residents themselves also enter into litigations between themselves, but in these cases the ADRC takes a neutral position in order to avoid conflicts of interest.
SUCH A MISCELLANEOUS LEADERSHIP
- The results of the first phase of the CCD work are obvious. Will something change in the future - approaches to activities, its priorities?
- Now we are developing a new management system, and one of the key points in this regard is the decentralization of the Corporation’s functions. If before practically all the work was carried out in Vladivostok, now we are actively transferring the complex interaction with residents to our subsidiaries - the management companies of TOR. This is necessary to speed up decision making and improve the quality of services provided. All the “daughters” will work according to a single standard, which has been developed and successfully applied in the RAC. The methods and technologies of work remain under the control of the management company.
The work of individual TORs will also be analyzed. The most popular of them will be expanded, the infrastructure for new residents will be created. In the less popular TOR we will actively attract investors. And where necessary, we will optimize the areas.
- What areas of activity among residents are especially popular?
- If we talk about TOP, then this is logistics and transport, which is natural, given the economic and geographical location of the FEFD and the competitive advantages associated with this. From 337 resident companies in the industry operate 52. In second place is food production (46 companies). There are many who are engaged in tourism, building materials, working in the service sector.
But if you look at the volume of investments, the leaders will be different. For example, representatives of the gas chemical industry, and most of all jobs - more than 11 thousand - will be created in shipbuilding. In SPV, the most popular industry among residents is real estate and development. She was chosen by 381 company, or every fourth resident of SPV. In second place (296 residents) service industry. Logistics and transport in third place in terms of the number of residents (178), but in the first place in terms of the volume of investments. Investments in projects in this area will amount to more than 253 billion rubles. The same industry is leading in the number of jobs - 22,4 thousand people will be employed in it. SPV is now the engine for the development of small and medium-sized businesses in the Far East, giving a chance to virtually any entrepreneur to prove himself.
- Does a certain regional specificity exist in this sense?
- As for the TOR, the number of residents (81) and the number of jobs created (26,5 thousand) is in the lead of Primorsky Krai. In second place in the number of residents of Kamchatka (78). In these regions, residents are mainly companies representing small and medium businesses.
In the Amur region there are residents of all 19, but it leads in the volume of investments (about 1,1 trillion rubles). Leadership of the Amur region is due to the gas chemical cluster created there in the SOR "Svobodny". Other investment leaders include the Amur Gas Processing Plant in Svobodny, the shipbuilding complex and the Zvezda plant in Bolshoy Kamen, mining and processing plants in Yakutia.
Large projects also have their own role in the development of regions - as they are implemented, they will be overgrown with accompanying business and production, multiplying the effect of the anchor investor itself several times due to new value added, population growth and its economic activity in the territories.
As for SST, Primorye is the undisputed leader in all positions: both in the number of residents (1031) and in investment (519 billion rubles), and in the number of jobs created (58,4 th.).
TOR EXPAND THE LIMITS
- The composition of the FEFD recently included Buryatia and Transbaikalia. How is the work on the creation of TOR in these regions?
- Advanced development areas are created by one model everywhere. They are established by decrees of the government of the Russian Federation, which define the boundaries, permitted activities for PDA and, in some cases, the parameters for financing the engineering, road and social infrastructure. After that, as a management company, we are able to start working with potential residents. Recently, the management company TOR "Buryatia" was formed. We are actively preparing for the emergence of TOR in Transbaikalia. Subsidiaries in these regions will work according to general standards: to attract investors, on the ground to provide full support to residents of established TRCs. I believe that the regions have great potential due to such industries as agriculture, logistics and tourism. I am sure that the creation of TOR will benefit the development of the business of these territories.
- Now a lot is said about the development of the Arctic territories. Will the development tools used by the DFID fit for this task?
- The powers to develop the Arctic are under the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East and the Arctic. We are ready for new challenges and for the expansion of the scope of the activities of the CCDA to the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. There are successful developments and competencies gained in the Far East, which we will be able to apply in the Arctic subjects. Severe climatic conditions and difficult logistics will require special measures of support and special approaches to support business in these territories.
But thanks to the extension of preferential regimes to them, there will undoubtedly be increased activity in the development of the region. Investors will be more willing to enter the Arctic zone if they receive guarantees and conditions that improve the project's economy and reduce the consequences of possible errors.