This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Kamchatka: great potential and low launching point
Zamrukovoditelya Minvostokrazvitiya Alexander Osipov - on the prospects for the development of Kamchatka
The project of the territory of advanced socio-economic development "Kamchatka" provides for the creation of several industrial-logistic zones of the port type. A terminal for bulk cargoes, a container-logistic terminal of the international class, a fishing and bunkering terminal and a business zone (a social and business center) should appear. Part of the sites are planned to be created on the basis of enterprises "Petropavlovsk Shipyard" and "Tin Can Factory". A number of industrial facilities and a business zone - on the basis of the production facilities of the company "Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Shiprepairing Plant" on the shore of the bay of South Avachinskaya Bay.
In addition, the Paratunka tourist and recreation cluster and the Yelizovo airport complex are a priority for the Krai Government.
In order to assess the development of projects claiming to be included in the program of state support for priority development areas, Deputy Minister of the Russian Federation for the Development of the Far East Alexander Osipov arrived on the peninsula. He held several working meetings with potential investors, representatives of small and medium-sized businesses in the Kamchatka Territory, with representatives of the authorities, and on site inspected the territories in which the TASED is supposed to be created.
- Why is the port the priority?
- Without the development of the port and port facilities, it is difficult to think about the development of Kamchatka. The site in the port of Petropavlovsk is a key priority. It is also important to modernize Elizovo airport. Both facilities make Kamchatka accessible and realize one of the region’s main economic priorities - tourist and recreational activities. Associated with them is the site in Paratunka as a place of concentration of tourist infrastructure, as a place of rest and leisure. At the fourth site, in the southern part of the port, industrial facilities close enough to the logistics sites can be built. All subprojects are justified, they need to be filled with specifics and optimally calculated in terms of budget expenditures. To the edge, by the way, their implementation will bring thousands and then tens of thousands of new jobs.
- Is it realistic to turn the port of Petropavlovsk into a port hub where different traffic flows would cross?
- In fact, Petropavlovsk can become a hub port only when a number of issues are resolved. It is necessary, first, to modernize the commercial sea port, to put in order the berths, to engage in dredging. This will give an opportunity to enter the port of the regional capital to oceanic vessels with deep draft. Secondly, it is necessary to attract airliners to Kamchatka, which would leave cargo here, these cargoes could be redirected, divided into streams. And thirdly, it is necessary to make sure that the work here goes quickly, without long expectations, without burdensome procedures. Each of these areas requires time and organization.
On the third point, we are preparing amendments to the legal documents that would make the procedures conducted in our ports competitive with this practice in foreign ports. This is a long hard work, but it is underway.
- For whom the port of Petropavlovsk can become a place of cargo transshipment?
- Past Kamchatka now pass two traffic flow. This is the Northern Sea Route and a fairly large cargo flow from Southeast Asia to North American ports and back. Both routes are quite attractive, the main thing is that it is beneficial for the owners of maritime transport companies to enter the port of Petropavlovsk, to unload here, to receive new containers, to bunk.
- How realistic is it that the Northern Sea Route will work in full force?
The government has already taken decisions and is implementing projects to develop and operate the Northern Sea Route. Much is being done to allow for the possibility of ships calling, navigation, medical and food security, bunkering, immediate assistance in case of emergencies. Up to the point that we make special security decisions.
- Will the collapse of the Russian ruble affect the implementation of the idea of creating territories for advanced development?
- For most of the submitted projects, investment efficiency has only increased, because they are oriented to foreign markets. In the Far East, shops and manufactories can not be residents of the territories of advanced development, because because of the small number of the population, the orientation to the domestic market is not profitable. And on the outside all calculations are in currency. It is important that the overwhelming majority of the projects that we considered have financial issues already resolved. We have money, investors say. Your Kamchatka investors are mostly not going to take money from financial institutions in Russia, but are hoping for their own strength and help from South Korean sources of capital.
Published in the newspaper "Fisherman of Kamchatka"
EastRussia.ru - information partner of the newspaper "Fisherman of Kamchatka"