This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Kamchatka, which is always with you
Kamchatka Terra Incognita CEO Lyubov Ryseva about her homeland and brand
At the Kremlin in Moscow, on the golden beaches of Turkey and near the famous sights of Europe - a reminder of Kamchatka can now be found everywhere. This was made possible thanks to a new direction in the souvenir industry of the region - clothes with various thematic prints, which they began to make primarily for guests of the peninsula, and then it turned out that the locals, being patriots of their native land, were not averse to trying on a dress or a T-shirt with the inscription " Kamchatka, with the image of a brown bear or killer whale. About how it all began and what one idea led to, says Lyubov Ryseva, general director of Kamchatka Terra Incognita.
- The idea actually arose for a reason, we are engaged in tourism, and the goal of promoting and popularizing Kamchatka appeared. Demonstrating the potential of our region in clothing, we reflected the main themes - these are killer whales, whales, of course, bears, foxes and wild salmon. All this is the part of the unique nature that we wanted, on the one hand, to show, and on the other - to save for other generations.
- How did the idea come true?
- The goal arose, we prepared for it very long - we selected designers, looked for those who could sew us, and when it all came together in a very strong chain of very responsible people, we decided that the time had come and we were ready to enter the market with a high-quality product and give people beautiful and comfortable clothes.
- Was it a request from your tourists?
- It was probably a necessity. Because when we arrive somewhere, in some corner of the world, we want to take something unique from there, while it is desirable not only to put it on the shelf, but to actively use it. And clothing is just such a product that, with a good supply, can be worn everywhere. We have already seen this in practice - first we launched a line of T-shirts, then a line of dresses, sweatshirts, and sweatshirts. And our clothes are really in demand. It is worn both in Moscow and from Turkey, we have already been sent photos, they go to work and have a rest ... They didn’t just buy it, donate it and forget it, put it on and go.
- You talked about the complex scheme of selection of those people who embodied your idea in life. What are the difficulties in this issue?
- We wanted to create prints that would express the uniqueness of our region and everyone would like it, regardless of age and gender. I think we succeeded. With prints, the situation is the following: either you want to try and wear them right away, or they leave them indifferent. Therefore, we wanted our prints to have some kind of magnetism. I turned to several designers, including in Moscow. It was a lot of options viewed. When the option that we stopped as a result appeared, it became clear: this is what we were looking for and new stages of work began. At each next stage, of course, responsible people were also required. For example, a print shop that prints. We chose from several, also determined between several methods of application. Chose the factory. They came across the fact that they promised one quality, but in fact it turned out another. It was a long process, but those specialists that we eventually stopped at, whom I trusted, worked perfectly. I am very proud of our partners, they are imbued with our idea and have done their work at the highest level.
- Clothes with which prints are most popular?
- I can not say that some prints have become favorite, but we have refused some. There is no such. Each print in the ruler is accompanied by a specific context. The print "Bear" - the inscription "Kamchatka - home of the bear", the print "Killer whale" - "Kamchatka - my wave", the clothes with a whale are decorated with the inscription "Kamchatka - the world of whales". All prints are in demand and in demand. Moreover, I will tell you in confidence, we are planning to expand the line.
- What is the ratio of demand for your products among residents of the region and tourists?
- Since we have a travel company, initially tourists became our first buyers, and our products became in demand. Now we are even asked to make an issue point in Moscow. It so happened that we entered the local market much later. Quite recently, we took part in the Yelizov Autumn Fair. This is a big Kamchatka project where local manufacturers are exhibited, and we presented our products at this event. The interest of the locals was very big. And now people come to us, looking for us, asking where you can buy our products. That is, we saw a great demand in the domestic market. Of course, we will be happy to work in our local market, because we really love our land.
- Are there any ideas for new directions?
- In fact, my enthusiasm is combined with a very large pragmatism, and it’s rather not a question of how much we earn, but what will happen next. I see my project as a way of expressing great love for Kamchatka. Probably, we will make a line of modern souvenirs - these are thermoses, mugs with which you can drink tea during a hike, backpacks with which you can travel around the world. I am sure that this will be done remarkably, will be in demand and will be an excellent means of popularizing Kamchatka.