This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Gastrotur to volcanoes
Gastro-tourism in Kamchatka is a novelty, but tourists are delighted
“The secret of our cuisine is very simple - we adore what we do,” says Butcher, the first meat restaurant in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, with us. Their unlimited love for meat helps to create delicious dishes from it - visitors, having visited the restaurant, confirm this with pleasure. It is worth noting that the Butcher was originally created for local residents, but tourists are also frequent guests here. Moreover, travelers are greatly surprised by some dishes: for example, venison is soft and without a specific smell. Marina Kolusheva, its owner, told us about how the restaurant was created and how successful this project turned out to be.
- It all started with a passion: I studied at the chef and always showed interest in cooking, participated in various master classes, including Michelin restaurants, and was familiar with many chefs from famous Moscow restaurants. We have been carrying our idea for a long time, since such a restaurant is a very energy-consuming project that takes a lot of time, but when we found the right place, there is no doubt left. Everything came together in this project - personal passion and professional activity (family business is related to the delivery of food to Kamchatka), so we can bring our own products at any time and in any volume, as we have our own warehouses and proven logistics for years.
- Why exactly meat restaurant?
- The idea was to make a restaurant specifically for the residents of Kamchatka: so that they could come and try the new items that are currently in trend in Moscow. In Kamchatka, there are no other establishments with a similar menu and such an extensive wine list. In our restaurant, it consists of more than one hundred names of the best wines from around the world, which have no analogues in Kamchatka. We are very proud of our wine and bar list.
The fact is that fish is a product that makes it difficult to surprise the people of Kamchatka, it is difficult for him to give a different taste vector, to develop. It is difficult to experiment with fish, and it is, in my opinion, not interesting to the inhabitants of the peninsula. I wanted something new.
- You say that the restaurant was opened to local residents. And tourists come to you?
- Of course. We have a lot of tourists, we organized separate presentations for travel agencies, introduced a menu section with dishes from Kamchatka products - a special tourist offer.
- Your restaurant has an original interior. How was it created?
- This is our own idea. My husband previously was engaged in design, and we collected some trifles, ideas that we liked. Then the guest designer united all this into a specific project for our premises. The idea was that we wanted to combine in our restaurant a kitchen and a real story, which could be touched and felt with our own hands.
There are no such things in Kamchatka that would have a great history, so we collected everything gradually, piece by piece. For example, our brick wall at the entrance has a rich history: we brought a brick from St. Petersburg. Previously, it was part of a bridge built several centuries ago, as well as an old merchant's house: you can find bricks with a special stamp with the name of the merchant on the wall. It is also worth noting the wooden slabs - we used them on the bar and chef table. We found them on the border with Belarus. The age of these trees is
- Do you plan to introduce local Kamchatka cuisine in your restaurant?
- This is a difficult question: I studied the historical question of Kamchatka cuisine and have not yet found any recipes of Kamchatka. Kamchatka cuisine - what is it? She is not Russian, not Soviet, what is she? Can you name some Kamchatka dish? Fish cakes? They everywhere. Kamchatka cuisine now for me is a kitchen with local products in some author's interpretation. For example, we made fish dumplings with salmon, but we painted them with black ink of the cuttlefish and called it “Calder” - this is the author’s reading. Actively use venison. We prepare it according to the French technology "sous-vid" - this is the technology of low-temperature cooking of food in vacuum. Then we grill the meat very quickly, which is why venison makes it very soft and juicy. This dish is in demand among tourists. They refuse at first, as they believe that venison is tough and smells bad, but when they try our dish, they get excited. They do not believe that it can be so. Even Moscow's famous restaurateurs, who visited us, are shocked by our venison.
- Is your meat restaurant a successful project?
- The project is quite successful. We expected this, as we work on conscience. People feel our sincerity and desire, so they come. This was our idea - to show the local people new technologies, new tastes. We are constantly changing the menu - our chef Williams Suarez has a very creative approach. He mixes a lot of tastes that are unusual for perception.
- What plans do you have for the future? Maybe still a seafood restaurant?
- Now we are looking for a room for a fish restaurant, as there are ideas and forces, but we cannot yet find a suitable place, as certain conditions are needed for cooking on a live coal.
- As for gastronomic tourism ...
- He is not in Kamchatka, but he really wants to develop it, because there is potential. I believe that Kamchatka needs a gastronomic festival, because tourism and gastronomy are very close reaching concepts, as a person can carry away memories not only of the area, but also of taste.