This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Gastrotur to volcanoes
Gastro-tourism in Kamchatka is a novelty, but tourists are delighted
“The secret of our cuisine is very simple - we adore what we do,” says Butcher, the first meat restaurant in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, with us. Their unlimited love for meat helps to create delicious dishes from it - visitors, having visited the restaurant, confirm this with pleasure. It is worth noting that the Butcher was originally created for local residents, but tourists are also frequent guests here. Moreover, travelers are greatly surprised by some dishes: for example, venison is soft and without a specific smell. Marina Kolusheva, its owner, told us about how the restaurant was created and how successful this project turned out to be.
- It all started with a hobby: I studied to be a chef and always showed an interest in cooking, participated in various master classes, including in Michelin-starred restaurants, and I know many chefs from famous restaurants in Moscow. We have been hatching our idea for a long time, since such a restaurant is a very energy-consuming project that takes a lot of time, but when we found a suitable premises, there was no longer any doubt. Everything came together in this project - personal passion and professional activity (the family business is associated with the delivery of food to Kamchatka), so we can bring ourselves food at any time and in any volume, since we have our own warehouses and logistics that have been worked out for years.
- Why exactly meat restaurant?
- The idea was to make a restaurant specifically for the residents of Kamchatka: so that they could come and try those new items that are currently in trend in Moscow. There are no other establishments in Kamchatka with a similar menu and such an extensive wine list. In our restaurant, it consists of more than a hundred names of the best wines from all over the world, which have no analogues in Kamchatka. We are very proud of our wine and bar lists.
The point is also that fish is such a product that it is difficult to surprise the inhabitants of Kamchatka, it is difficult to give it a different vector of taste, to develop it. It is difficult to experiment with fish, and, in my opinion, it is no longer interesting to the inhabitant of the peninsula. I wanted something new.
- You say that the restaurant was opened to local residents. And tourists come to you?
- Of course. We have a lot of tourists, we organized separate presentations for travel agencies, introduced a menu section with dishes from Kamchatka products - a special tourist offer.
- Your restaurant has an original interior. How was it created?
- This is our own idea. My husband was previously engaged in design, and we collected some little things, ideas that we liked. Then the invited designer combined all this into a specific project for our premises. The idea was that we wanted to combine cuisine and real history in our restaurant, which could be touched and felt with our own hands.
There are no such things in Kamchatka that have a great history, so we collected everything gradually, piece by piece. For example, our brick wall at the entrance has a rich history: we brought bricks from St. Petersburg. Previously, it was part of a bridge built several centuries ago, as well as an old merchant house: you can find bricks on the wall with a special stamp with the merchant's surname. The slabs made of wood are also worth noting - we used them on the bar and on the chef table. We found them on the border with Belarus. The age of these trees is
- Are you planning to introduce local Kamchatka cuisine in your restaurant?
- This is a difficult question: I have studied the historical issue of Kamchatka cuisine and have not yet found any recipes from Kamchatka. Kamchatka cuisine - what is it? She is not Russian, not Soviet, what is she like? Can you name a Kamchatka dish? Fish cakes? They everywhere. Kamchatka cuisine now for me is a cuisine with local products in some author's reading. For example, we made fish dumplings with salmon, but we dyed them with cuttlefish ink black and named them "Caldera" - this is the author's reading. We actively use venison. We prepare it according to the French sous-vide technology - a technology for low-temperature cooking in a vacuum. Then we very quickly fry the meat on the grill, which is why the venison turns out to be very soft and juicy. This dish is in demand among tourists. At first they refuse, because they think that venison is tough and smells bad, but when they taste our dish, they are delighted. They don't believe it can be that way. Even Moscow's famous restaurateurs who visited us are shocked by our venison.
- Is your meat restaurant a successful project?
- The project is quite successful. We assumed this, as we work conscientiously. People feel our sincerity and desire, so they come. This was our idea - to show local residents new technologies, new tastes. We constantly change the menu - our chef Williams Suarez has a very creative approach. He mixes a lot of flavors that are unusual for perception.
- What plans do you have for the future? Maybe still a seafood restaurant?
- Now we are looking for a place for a fish restaurant, as we have ideas and strengths, but so far we cannot find a suitable place, since certain conditions are needed for cooking on live coal.
- As for gastronomic tourism ...
- It is not in Kamchatka, but I really want to develop it, because there is potential. I believe that Kamchatka needs a gastronomic festival, because tourism and gastronomy are very closely related concepts, since a person can take away memories not only of the area, but also of taste.