This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Access to the market is our main advantage"
The head of Agrotek group of companies Vladimir Rubakhin - about the development of the agro-industrial complex in the Far East
Photo: VEF / TASS Photobank
- Vladimir Ilyich, tell us how the Agrotech started?
- The history of our enterprise began in 1995 with a small sausage workshop in Kamchatka. We grew and developed. Turning to us was 2006 year, when we introduced quotas for the import of raw materials from abroad. This negatively affected the quality, as it cut off the direct producer from the purchase. In the same year, we received a program for the development of pig production in Russia, and decided to completely replace imported meat domestic, grown on the peninsula. Pork in meat processing occupies more than half the volume, this product is the most consumed, and for our company is also strategic. So, Agrotech began to build a mega-complex in the Brazilian type, where 100 thousand goals are a minimum, they are still grouped into divisions up to half a million heads of one manufacturer. The choice was due to the fact that we have a lot of free land in Kamchatka. It is important to understand that meat processing for today is the only industry that is not in the hands of foreigners, these are Russian enterprises with Russian owners.
"When did you launch the first pig farms?"
In 2011, Agrotech built the first farm for 12 thousand heads, the next year - the second. Three years later, the government supported us with money for the construction of infrastructure. Now, two roads are being built about half a kilometer each: one for the slaughter shop, the second for the farm itself. Two electric substations have already been launched for 100 million rubles. According to our idea, the full scope of the pig complex will be released to 2020 year, then the company will grow about 47 thousand heads, this is about 4 thousand tons of meat per year.
- How does the TOP mode help you?
- At us one company successfully works in a mode of the TOP - it "Chernigovsky" in Primorsky Territory. "The Corporation for the Development of the Far East" helps us in many matters, administratively, calls when necessary, reminds us that we like it very much. The enterprise receives preferences for operating expenses and taxes, in particular, on the wage fund. But in our group of companies there are other enterprises that work in the markets, and they have to compete for the same pork in Kamchatka. With the TOP in Primorye, we somehow quickly turned out, and on Kamchatka go until you get. I hope, soon this question will be solved.
- Your sausages and meat delicacies are sold only in Kamchatka, is there any interest among buyers from other regions?
- Today we are the leader of the agro-industrial complex in the Kamchatka Territory, which produces 70% of all meat products from 500 names. In the Far East, we sell in five regions: Kamchatka, Sakhalin, Primorye, Khabarovsk Territory and the Magadan Region.
- Own farms - it's understandable, but did you go further?
- For the development of subsidiary farming, we went beyond the Kamchatka Territory - in fact, there are no fodder here. We purchased a former feed mill. Now we have a land bank of about 8 thousand hectares in Primorsky Krai, we cultivate about 6 thousand hectares a year. This is enough for us to provide ourselves and a number of other enterprises in the Kamchatka Territory. We supply, in particular, soybeans to the Kamchatka feed mill and - in small quantities - corn, as well as wheat. The feed mill, according to our recipes, produces fodder, which goes to the production of pork, and further we process this pork into sausages, into chilled meat, and, in part, into animal feed. I think this is an excellent example of interregional integration!
- What, in your opinion, are the advantages of the agro-industrial complex over the rest of the industries, why is it worth investing here?
- Fresh products - this is the quality of life of the population, this is security against currency risks, today the country is just waiting for what will happen next. Food security again comes to the fore. Therefore, there is no alternative - we need to provide the population of the Far East with workplaces - we have 700 people working and high-quality fresh products. Talking about going abroad is premature, everything should be step by step. And we are now ready to offer a quality and delicious goods. In Kamchatka there is a population that lives here steadily, this is 300 thousand people. Access to the market is our main advantage. Other markets, this is another matter, other investments, another investment of forces. We need to grow into the market, establish clear links with trade enterprises, build communication with the population through brand development, and constantly improve efficiency. There are a lot of niches, we do not have a saturated domestic market for milk, vegetables on Kamchatka are imported, we have something to work on!
- What are the "Agrotek" plans for this season?
- As for other projects, we are planning to build a slaughterhouse, about 160 million rubles, this is an investment in the Chernigovsky agroholding, which operates within the territory of the advance development of the Mikhailovsky TOR. This year we plan to modernize the grain dryer to improve the quality, and manage to do everything in one season. The old dryer, which we got, requires modernization, this year we are planning to invest about 100 million there. Plus, over the past three years we have acquired a fleet of modern equipment for 250 million rubles, develop this site, sow, harvest, in a word, put the whole asset on its feet.
Published in the journal "Economics of the Far East" You can subscribe to the magazine on the portalinvestvostok.ru