This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"" Children of Asia "- a great chance to prove themselves"
Skier Maria Muratova on the prospects for the development of sports after the international Games
Famous athletes of the Sakhalin region continue to reflect on the benefits of holding the international children's games “Children of Asia” in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Candidate master of sports in ski racing, Maria Muratova, in an interview with EastRussia told how the Games would be useful to the region and why all residents of the region should watch them.
- It is difficult to say so immediately. Probably because we have done a lot of great things in the region. It seems to me, from the experience of other competitions, we passed on all the stated criteria. In general, Sakhalin is worthy to accept such competitions. In addition, we have a temperate climate - there is no terrible frost and supernatural precipitation.
- And what will the holding of these competitions give to the region?
- Now the infrastructure is developing on Sakhalin. New sports facilities under construction will attract more people, including children, to sports, which means that we will have the opportunity to hold large-scale events in the region. “Children of Asia” is a great event, I hope that after these Games, other global projects will be held on Sakhalin, which will also attract participants from other countries. All this contributes to the development of sport and the region.
- What do you think, what legacy for Sakhalin "Children of Asia" will leave behind, in addition to infrastructure?
- The development of sports. New facilities that are currently under construction will set the pace for the creation of other similar facilities, the development of existing sports and the emergence of new ones in our region and in the country as a whole, because we can compete with other regions, which means that competition in the whole country will increase, and this useful for sports.
- You said that conditions were created for the competition. And what about the training bases?
- With training tracks, everything is fine with us, besides, some of them are now reworking, modernizing, making new ones. Elegant conditions are created for ski racing on Sakhalin. Trails are always ready, even if there is little snow.
- As for the competition. It is difficult for the Far Eastern regions to go somewhere to gain competitive experience, and thanks to Children of Asia, athletes from all over Russia and different countries will come to the region. How useful is this?
- This is very cool and successful for Sakhalin. Those who are in the west of the country find it easier to meet and compete with each other - they constantly come to visit each other, even to regional competitions, and pull each other up. We are far away, it is difficult for us to get to other regions. And this time everyone comes to us - here you are, healthy competition. This is a great chance for the participants to prove themselves and for Sakhalin - to show that we can also organize and conduct competitions of any level.
- Do you think that participants from other regions of Russia, from other countries will like Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk and the bases on which they will compete?
- I think that they should like everything, because the preparation for these games in the city is quite serious: new facilities, new hotels are being built. Recently, we held competitions for young professionals at WorldSkillsRussia, and in principle everything went no worse than in Moscow. So many said. Therefore, I believe that the "Children of Asia" will be held at the highest level. And the city will definitely like it. I have been to many places, I have something to compare with, so I can say that we are very comfortable, everything is accessible, no need to go to the other end of the city, as is the case in big cities. In Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, even if you live at the other end of the city, you can easily get to any object in 20 minutes. In addition, the city is quite modern.
- You yourself did not participate in such Games?
- Unfortunately, in my childhood there were no such Games, but I would really like to take part in them, if there was such an opportunity.
- Will you follow these competitions on Sakhalin?
- Of course. I really want to see, I wonder how all this will pass, because it will be a grand celebration. I think so. It seems to me that all residents of the city should follow these Games and come to at least one event. Let it be children's Games, but they are worth a visit.
- What sports will you watch besides skiing?
- For biathlon, because it is close to our sport. It will also be interesting to see figure skating - a very beautiful, aesthetic sport.