This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Far East took a benchmark for young
FEFD enterprises are ready to invest in students and in the development of their competencies
The Far East has always lacked working hands; there is a great demand for personnel even now. However, today enterprises are increasingly willing to accept young specialists, look for them in universities and secondary specialized educational institutions, and then invest in their further development and training. Why the Far Eastern Federal District is targeting young people and what kind of specialists the macro-region needs now, Sergey Khovrat, head of the Agency for the Development of Human Capital in the Far East, told EastRussia.
- Sergey Vladimirovich, now the Far East, in fact, is experiencing a new wave of industrialization. In your opinion, what specialties in the labor market will be in demand?
- Regarding the great industrialization - I agree. For example, the industrial production index in the Far East for the nine months of 2019 amounted to 6,9%. The all-Russian indicator is 2,7%. More than two thousand investment projects will either be or are already being implemented in the Far East - these are new enterprises, new industries in the region. Accordingly, this is a new challenge.
With regard to industries, the greatest personnel demand is at mining enterprises, in forest processing, in aquaculture and fish farming, transport and logistics, and agriculture. If we talk about professions, then there is a wide list: mining engineer, surveyor, mechanical engineer, technologist in the forest industry, boatmaster, etc. These specialties are in demand now and will be in demand in the future, because enterprises are developing, more people are needed .
An interesting trend that we see today is that employers are very interested in young people who have just graduated either from secondary specialized educational institutions or from higher educational institutions. They are interested in attracting graduates to work and investing in their development.
A resident of the Mikhailovsky TOP RusAgro-Primorye is a vivid example of working with graduates. The company organizes long-term - from six months to a year - internships for senior students and graduates of relevant universities. They are sent to the Tambov and Belgorod regions, where the agricultural projects that we are just starting up have already been working for a long time. According to the company, 90% of interns as a result are included in the company's staff. Senior agronomist-seed producer, head of the laboratory, veterinarians, software engineer - these are the positions held by yesterday's students.
Similar trajectories of personnel development exist in other regions. I will give one more example: in Khabarovsk, a girl got a job as a vegetable grower at JGC Evergreen. Having worked a little, I realized that she was interested, the company became interested in her as an employee, paid for university studies, and the person became an agronomist, built his career and realized.
That is, now our region offers young interested, ambitious people the prospects of rapid career growth and self-realization.
- That is, if in the central part of Russia a person received an education and very often cannot find it without work experience, then in the Far East does an employer invest in the development of competencies?
- There are such examples, and there are really quite a lot of them. Based on the need that we collected last year until 2025, 35% fall on vacant positions without the requirement for seniority.
- You did not make any rating on the most popular specialties?
- Demand is determined by what kind of production is developed in the region. If we talk about the Primorsky Territory, for example, electric and gas welders are constantly required there, because the Zvezda plant, the Far Eastern shipbuilding and ship repair center, and other shipbuilding companies work there. If we talk about Sakhalin, then professions related to the oil and gas sector are in demand there, as well as specialists in the tourism industry are required there. In the Khabarovsk Territory, specialists are needed for local industries, for example, for KnAAZ named after Yu. A. Gagarin. "
In the context of profiles, the most frequent applications of employers for search and selection of vacancies are a tractor driver, an underground miner, a ship electrician, a sailor, a mining excavator engineer, a hull builder for metal vessels, instrumentation and automation, and a gas and gas welder. In the category of unique specialists, more often than others, an auditor in the construction industry, a specialist in customs transit clearance, a chief agronomist, and a head veterinarian were required. There is a high demand for leading positions for chief designers and mechanics, project managers in the field of shipbuilding.
- Do you have to look for some unusual specialists?
- Not so long ago, my employees had a need to find a person in a unique position - the main agronomist in the Sayuri greenhouse complex in Yakutia. It would seem, what greenhouses in Yakutia? But there is serious, in my opinion, production, for which an agronomist is needed to competently monitor the process of growing plants in difficult climatic conditions. In general, it’s interesting to look for a person for any position, in each case you find your own flavor, and when it turns out, the work undoubtedly brings satisfaction.
- What is the mechanics of the selection of employees?
- The main task of the Agency for the Development of Human Capital is to provide personnel for the residents of the TOP, investors and other business entities. We help enterprises that receive government support for free. We have formed competencies and a very serious analytical, methodological basis. That is, we take a specific enterprise and, based on its needs, help it: show where to find employees, go to public authorities in order to organize the training process for the future - to teach specific specialties. Based on the needs and our expert assessment, a checklist of admission to educational institutions, selection, etc. is compiled.
Everyone has different requests. Recently in Vladivostok met with a company that manufactures socks. She just needed specialists here and now, one or two people, because there are not so many such specialists and is needed in principle. The optimal solution in this case is production training. But there are large companies, for example, mining companies, this is already a big strategic task, where a search on job sites does not help, you need interaction with government bodies in order to ultimately find the right specialists and organize professional training for future periods.
- You help residents, but there are a lot of them. How do you deal? Or is there no influx of calls?
- There is an influx of calls. For example, according to the state program in 2020, our task is to employ about 15 thousand specialists. It is clear that we cannot interact on an individual plan with each resident, because we are not a recruitment agency that simply selects people. We use modular solutions, well-established interaction mechanics, so to speak, impose a “tracing-paper” on the project and adapt it for a specific employer.
That is, ARCHK DV works as an integrator. To solve strategic problems, we interact with authorities located in the region - employment centers, ministries of education, ministries of economy. We ourselves, of course, could not cope. If we talk about strategy, then the collection of staffing needs becomes an important link. Why collect them, for example, until 2025? In order to calculate the need now and apply it to the existing education system, to understand where there are distortions. In 2018, we carried out this work, in collaboration with local government bodies, we managed to open 17 new specialties, most of them in STR.
- And if you need specialists who are not in the region?
- The same thing - we are looking for where to get it. First, we look at the nature of the need - whether experience is needed, how many specialists are needed, with what education, in which specialties. We look at the regions where there is a similar production, we attract under the programs "Compatriots", "Labor Mobility". We organize retraining for the local market, work with educational organizations that can train such specialists.
- And if a non-resident calls for your help, will you help such a company?
- We work with everyone. Residents are the main direction, but there are also non-residents. For the nine months of 2019, we promoted the employment of personnel in 72 companies. In general, we have agreements with 300 companies. Someone needs to show the way to the educational institution, someone needs to find specialists, someone needs the whole list of our services. And someone just enters the market, and we help such companies navigate the market - we prepare a salary survey so that on this basis the company can easily create a staffing table.
- By the way, about salaries. Regional authorities often say that salaries in the Far East should be two to three times higher than in the European part of Russia for people to go there. What can you say about salary market surveys?
- On average, salaries in the Far East are now higher than in the European part by 23%. Of course, wages differ in different industries, regions, and for different specialties: among qualified specialists, the excess of wages can now be several times higher.
In the modern realities of the Far East, an ASEZ resident can establish an increased compensation package for his employees due to the financial opportunities that he has in connection with tax preferences that exist for residents of ASEZ and ATP. Companies willing to pay bоlower salaries for qualified specialists with experience and knowledge. Such examples, according to our colleagues from the Far East Development Corporation, are many - MS "Bunker", Mazda, "DV-Engineering". Take the same stone wool factory "TechnoNICOL Far East". The number of employees at the enterprise created by a resident of the Khabarovsk TOP is today just over 150 people, and the average salary is 61 rubles. This despite the fact that the average level of wages in the Khabarovsk Territory is estimated by Rosstat at 553 rubles. For comparison, in the same Krasnodar Territory it is equal to 48 rubles (data from 463). And the number of such examples, thanks to the residents of the ASEZ and SPV, will grow along with the economic activity of the region and the qualifications of personnel.
- Sometimes residents of the Far Eastern cities claim that they themselves do not have enough work, and do not understand why bring people from other regions when there are no places and salaries are small.
- I’ll say right away that in our work, priority in employment is given to residents of the Far Eastern Federal District. About 90% of the specialists employed by the Agency are local residents. If we look at the statistics of the geography of applicants for vacancies that the Agency places on work sites and on our portal “Work in the Far East”, we will see an increase in the share of Far Easterners in these responses. If in 2017 the share of local resumes in our database was 57%, in 2018 it was already 64%. Our main focus is on the inhabitants of the Far East. The agency is ready to offer the residents of the Far Eastern Federal District exactly what new enterprises give, tell where you can study this specialty, where you can retrain, and offer a job with decent wages. There are practically no vacancies with a salary of 18-20 thousand rubles in our bank
- Are there companies in the Far East that invest in university graduates, in retraining, maybe they create departments?
- Gazprom Pererabotka Blagoveshchensk is very seriously investing, interacting with the Far Eastern Federal University, where the department is open. Their joint work began, including through the Agency for the Development of Human Capital. Colmar, Torex-Khabarovsk, RusAgro, UAZ and other companies also do a lot of work with young specialists.
- Today, school graduates really want to get higher education, but enterprises need working specialties. How are such specialties distributed in your job bank?
- 75% of the total staffing needs in the long term until 2025 are workers with secondary specialized education. If we talk about the prestige of professions, in my opinion, the vector is changing. We recently visited Vladivostok, watched a college, which, under a single subsidy from the Ministry for the Development of the East Development, was allocated money to develop the material and technical base. The simulators on which students are now engaged fully correspond to today's realities, and in some cases have even stepped forward. Accordingly, employers go to such colleges because they understand that they are now training specialists who can work on technically relevant equipment.
Speaking in numbers, in the Far East, now 46% of young people aged 15 to 19 are engaged in secondary vocational education, and three years ago this figure was 36,2%. Now the national project "Education" is being implemented, we are working with the Ministry of Education and the regions to finance the development of our educational institutions through this project. In 2019, the competition for 2020 ended, the result is 450 million for 18 colleges. This money, in the end, turns into the competence of students, graduates become in demand.
- And what work is being done with schoolchildren who are faced with the choice of a profession?
- In official language, in 2019, in accordance with the training program for key sectors of the economy, which was approved by the Government, a “road map” for vocational guidance was published. It contains a list of activities that we implement together with the subjects. These are career guidance lessons where we invite our employers, Open Doors Days at enterprises, events within the framework of the “Ticket to the Future”, “Week without Turnstiles” projects, etc. Now, advanced training centers are opening in the Far East, on the basis of which many career guidance events are being held, a set of measures is being implemented to tell you where to find work, with what salary, where to study this profession in the Far East.
If we talk about how we inform the central part of Russia, then in December the Days of the Far East were held for the third time in Moscow, mainly their activities were aimed at schoolchildren and students at secondary specialized educational and higher educational institutions. The exhibition was visited by more than 27 thousand people. In my opinion, every year the interest in knowledge about the Far East among children from the central part of Russia becomes more and more.
- In your opinion, what other measures could help stop the outflow of the population from the Far Eastern Federal District?
- I think that you just need to systematically work on this problem, which is what the Ministry of Eastern Development and Development, Deputy Prime Minister, does. What does a man need? The first is work, the second is housing, and the third is for him to go out and be comfortable with the world around him, reality around him. It is clear that it is simply impossible to do much and for a short time, therefore today new enterprises are being created so that there is work, centers of economic growth are developed so that people can live comfortably. The Far Eastern mortgage should also help. I repeat once again: the systematic implementation of the planned measures, the search for new ideas, solutions will ultimately lead to the fact that the trend of population outflow, I think, will be reversed.
- How will the work of the Agency change after it is renamed the Agency for the Development of Human Capital of the Far East and the Arctic?- We extend our activities to the Arctic. Additional functions are that the experience that we have gained in the Far East will be implemented, including in the regions of the Arctic zone.