This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
The Far East as an experimental site
About the Professional Community "Directory", the main tasks of Far Eastern personnel and management policy, on improving the efficiency of public assets management, told the "EastRussia" correspondent the head of the "Directory" Vladislav Fedotov
- Indeed, the Professional Community Directory has been around for almost 3 years. It was created in accordance with cooperation agreement of 22.06.2013 between ASI and Rosimushchestvo. Today the Association unites more than 600 professionals, one third of whom are elected to the boards of directors and audit commissions of companies with state participation.
I officially took the case in February, it is always difficult to judge the work of predecessors, which you have not witnessed. I can only reliably talk about what is happening now and what will definitely happen in the near future. In my opinion, we have a rather strong team, in three months we have restarted many processes, formed a new composition of the Management Board, and intensified work in a number of areas. For example, we are working on jointly with State Corporation Rosatom, RVC and other partners on the management of the results of intellectual activity, commercialization and their protection, the role of the management bodies of enterprises in these processes.
The Association is also the developer of the draft professional standard “Member of the collegial management body”. The draft standard has been submitted to the Russian Ministry of Labor, and its public discussion will begin in the summer. I hope that in the fall I can report on its approval. With our colleagues from the Federal Property Management Agency, we are actively discussing the need to develop competitive selection mechanisms for the positions of general directors - the sole executive bodies of companies with state participation.
We recently returned from the Yalta International Economic Forum, where we organized two round tables and a business breakfast, discussed the personnel agenda, issues of territorial development, and the development strategy of the KFO. The results will be consolidated and offers are presented To the President and the Government of the Russian Federation.
There are plans to create a single information space for all participants in the process of managing state property. A qualifications assessment system is being developed, an educational module is being developed. There are many tasks. And we are systematically moving towards achieving them.
- Please tell us in more detail what this module is. And what caused the need for its development.
- The development of such a module is extremely important, although it is not a quick process. Public corporations are very heterogeneous in size, quality of corporate governance and remuneration for independent directors. This is the conditional "Gazprom" and the conditional "State farm named after IN AND. Lenin ". Therefore, the level of independent directors can be very different.
We have gathered around us a fairly strong pool of experts, excellent methodologists and practitioners, they are able to even out this difference, improve the professional level of directors in the areas that are necessary for a specific position. This required level is precisely set by the professional standard, which I have already mentioned. It is not enough to describe the required level of competencies and form a pool of experts, therefore we are forming a modular educational program, each block of which would help to master the chosen direction. The educational modules, in part, will thematically correspond to the information channels of the community on our portal directorium.pro, and the main role in filling the curriculum with content will belong to the leaders of these channels and industry curators, as we now see it.
- Are the existing educational institutions, professional training insufficient?
- Of course, the market already has some proposals on the profile of training independent directors. But the lack of professional staff is still acutely felt. We strive to ensure the competitiveness of the educational product, including unique types of educational activity, as this will attract students not only by achieving the declared educational results, but also by exercises that have not previously been encountered on the corporate education market.
More specifically, now we are developing a module for the development of non-cognitive skills in partnership with an organization far from the business world, but for more than a dozen years engaged in ensuring the competitiveness of our country in global markets. Together with the communication agency FreeMotion on the basis of the Cosmonaut Training Center, we are preparing the PSI-TECHNOLOGIES project for members of the board of directors. The combination of long-term global research programs in the field of astronautics and the best methods and technologies in business will allow you to operate more efficiently in a state of unknown / lack of information, teach you how to quickly respond to crisis situations and manage stress conditions. The project was created on the basis of unique developments that are closed for mass use. And it is an integral module of the upcoming large program for members of the Board of Directors on the basis of the draft professional standard "Member of the collegial management body".
Of course, this module concerns the development of only the so-called “soft” skills, and the entire program will include a large number of professional competencies (hard skills), for example, the “Internal control, audit, risk management” module, the “ Strategic Planning ”, the module“ Corporate Law and Shareholders Law ”, etc. The module“ Human Resources Management ”, for example, will reveal not only conservative skills usually involved in any HR programs, but also reveal modern progressive technologies, for example, tested within the framework of Of open selectionconducted by ASI and of the Far Eastern Challenge Project.
Anna Akparova, Assistant to the Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation - Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in the Far Eastern Federal District Yuri Trutnev, participant of the Far Eastern Challenge 2013 project:
“At one time, this project changed my life, I myself participated in the selection,” said Anna Akparova, Assistant to the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Russia in the Far Eastern Federal District, commenting on the decision to use the methodological experience of the “Far Eastern Challenge” project within the framework of the created program for members of the Board of Directors. - The goal of the project is the selection, assessment and creation of a reserve of management personnel in the Far Eastern Federal District.
Today, it is necessary to form trust in the authorities in the professional and public environment, popularize measures aimed at increasing the investment attractiveness of the Far East, create a stable public opinion about the honesty and transparency of the selection criteria for key positions and the validity of personnel decisions.
To implement the methodology, a multi-stage filter has been developed: first, candidates go through an online stage, which allows them to immediately discard inappropriate ones. This is followed by the group and individual stages, where candidates undergo duplicate interviews with a group of experts, thereby increasing the relevance of the assessment. The system allows you to deploy the process of open selection of applicants based on the competency maps of the desired employees and provide a process of multi-stage comparison of the flow of candidates with them with the involvement of highly professional experts for the most accurate assessment of candidates.
If we deviate from the methodology and say in essence ... It is well known that many people throughout Russia criticize the government and officials. It has become almost a social norm. And so, such a project was made that anyone who wants to become, for example, a vice-governor, can go to the site, register and, using a completely open procedure, realize his desire, realize everything that he once said. And I really want as many talented and highly professional people as possible to be ready to implement their plans in the Far East. The same approach can and should be used for large companies, including those with state participation "
In addition to training management professionals, at the next stage, we plan to form and further train teams, as the market is increasingly demanding the ability to work in a team, including on boards of directors.
The educational program I have described will be used in conjunction with other activities of the Association "Directory" to achieve a synergistic effect. For example, certification of independent directors ”.
- You have announced several challenges and existing groundwork. Nevertheless, can you single out the main purpose for which the Association exists? How can you characterize the economic efficiency and transparency of the management system in the regions of the Far East in comparison with other Russian regions?
- Our main goal is to improve the efficiency of property management, including state assets, including through the development of existing and creation of new mechanisms of corporate governance, one of which is the institution of independent directors. All our tasks are formulated precisely based on these goals.
The second part of the question will be better answered by the Association's expert, public figure and entrepreneur Alexander Monastyrev.
Alexander Monastyrev: “The example of the Primorsky Territory clearly demonstrates the effectiveness of project management, the region has created an independent executive body - the Department of Project Management. In almost all other Russian regions, project management is used only for the implementation of individual initiatives. The advantage of the project approach is that it allows each person to be assigned personal responsibility and streamline the current work, which makes it more transparent.
For me, as the secretary of the Public Expert Council on Economic Policy of the Primorsky Territory, increasing the investment attractiveness of Primorye is a priority task and directly affects the economic efficiency of the management system in the region. The meetings of the Public Council are held with the participation of the Investment Agency of the Primorsky Territory and the business community. The investment climate is created for entrepreneurs, and it is extremely important for us to take into account the wishes of the business, to include them in action plans or roadmaps.
- Another large-scale activity of the partnership is increasing the investment attractiveness of large Russian enterprises. Please tell us more. Perhaps there were examples of successful work with enterprises?
- Today, a multi-level approach is needed that takes into account the social structure and radically changes the mechanisms of corporate governance; sectoral measures are not suitable for territorial development. The state has created a fairly large number of instruments to support the cluster development of territories. These are programs for the creation of industrial parks, and SEZs, and TOP. As you know, as part of the implementation of regional strategies for improving the investment climate, attempts have been made to create sectoral agglomerations.
In this case, successful examples of the unit. ASI recently assessed regional investment strategies, which describe the minimum set of conditions for working with investors. And many strategies turned out to be irrelevant even “here and now”. For example, fields that are already depleted or close to depletion are still called promising. Specifying the action plan is one of the weakest aspects of regional strategies.
According to the ASI, the most advanced are those regions where the strategy links investment goals not only with training, but also with the concepts of urban space development, leisure and cultural spheres.
Deputy Director of the Department for Ensuring the Implementation of Investment Projects of the Ministry of the East Development of Russia Demis Eminov
“We are trying to find a mechanism when the work of the company, especially of a large anchor resident in the TOP, did not conflict with the interests of the corporation for the development of this very territory. Project management is also possible and the inclusion of representatives of a particular company in the board of directors, residents of the board of directors of a company for managing this territory. In our opinion, such a mechanism will allow minimizing the risks of different companies' development in time, accurately hearing each other, accurately owning information on the territory in which the corporation is going to develop, where residents are going to develop, and such a complex, in our opinion, will allow achieving positive results. "
In my opinion, it is possible and necessary to include in Road maps of the event on cluster development. By the way, about this we spoke in Yalta - Territories, in fact, are complex living organisms, for successful development in conditions of growing competition for resources, it is necessary to develop them comprehensively. The topic is ripe: it is necessary to consider the use of corporate governance mechanisms, in particular, the implementation of independent directors from the boards of directors of "anchor" enterprises for territorial agglomerations, in order to improve forms of support for the development of territories.
- Following the results of the competition for the allocation of presidential grants, which ended in December, the Institute of Socio-Economic and Political Research allocated a grant to the Directoryium Association for the development and testing of a methodology for assessing enterprises with state participation in terms of financial and economic performance indicators. Please tell us more about it.
- Yes, the Association is implementing a socially significant project "Rating Directorate - Development and Approbation of a Methodology for Rating (Evaluation) of Enterprises with State Participation by Indicators of the Effectiveness of Financial and Economic Activities", implemented in accordance with the grant direction (ed. 79-rp dated 01.04.2015). The results of the rating will increase the transparency of companies with state participation, it will be easier to track their effectiveness. The Directory, in my opinion, should act, on the one hand, as a conductor between the state and the professional community, on the other hand, as an instrument of broad professional consulting for the professional market and the state.
We also plan to test the rating at the enterprises of the Far East, having previously carried out an analysis of the socio-economic and socio-cultural state of the region in order to assess the influence of the conditions of the enterprises on the assessment of their financial and economic efficiency. This is provided directly by the project schedule. And by the way, I hope we will be able to present the results of approbation in September at Eastern Economic Forum, and the presentation of the first results of the development and verification of the rating methodology will be briefly disclosed at the SPIEF 2016.
- At the recent strategic session on technological leadership and intellectual property rights management, you noted that the entry of Russian high-tech companies into international markets entails the solution of patenting our technologies abroad. How seriously do you assess the risk of their unauthorized use and challenge when Russia enters the markets of the Asia-Pacific region?
- I believe that any market is competitive and you should not count on concessions from other players. For instance, experience of colleagues from CG "Nexia Pacioli" in the field of protection of technologies and products of ROSATOM abroad, within the framework of which the study of the patent activity of competitors was carried out, suggests that companies from China, South Korea, and other Asian countries conduct a very aggressive patent policy, trying to “stake out” as many markets as possible.
It should be borne in mind that more and more often we have to fight quite hard for the markets of third countries with companies from the Asia-Pacific region. Therefore, I believe that the issue of legal protection of our technologies must be resolved now, in advance, and not when we are faced with the problem of violation of our rights or, even worse, the impossibility of entering the market due to the fact that we did not attend to the issue of patenting technology in time. the desired country.