This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"The Far East without the resources of Siberia does not realize the potential"
Chairman of the Legislative Assembly of the Irkutsk Region Sergei Brilka - on Politics and Economics
The Irkutsk region historically developed at the junction of two macroregions: Siberia and the Far East, so the authorities in it still understand the inextricability of their tasks with the Far Eastern regions. How to properly organize the interaction of branches and levels of government, if the governor of the region is a communist, and the majority of leaders are United Russia, why develop the Irkutsk north and whether there is a place for servers, do we need a unified approach to the development of Siberia and the Far East and what to do to business came to the Irkutsk TOSER, told EastRussia chairman of the Legislative Assembly Sergei Brilka.
"You know, figures are a stubborn thing, it's impossible to argue with them." And I, as secretary of the regional branch of the United Russia party, based on the data of the regional election commission of the Irkutsk region, will call the figures real.
10 September in our region were 543 municipal campaigns.
The mayors were elected in six urban districts and municipal districts, 4 people won (“66,7%”) from “ER”, and 2 people (33,3%) won from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation.
244 heads of municipalities of the first level were elected 152 candidate from United Russia (62,3%), self-promoted 64 (26,2%), 19 nominees from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (7,8%), 4 representative from LDPR (1,6%) and the representative of the Liberal Democratic Party (1,6%), according to 1 representative from the Liberal Democratic Party (0,5%) and the representative of LDPR (XNUMX%) and “Justice” ”(XNUMX%), XNUMX representative of the party“ GROWTH ”(XNUMX%).
Deputies of the Duma of municipal districts: 98 mandates in thirteen thoughts of urban districts, of which 53 mandates (54,1%) were replaced by ЕРовцы, 24 places (24,5%) went to self-nominees, 18 person (18,4%) passed from the Communist Party, 2 person (2,0%) from LDPR and 1 mandate (1%) from "Fair Russia".
2 575 deputies were elected to the representative bodies of urban and rural settlements, as a result they became 1 635 "Unicorn" (63,5%), 503 self-nominated (19,5%), 321 candidate from the Communist Party (12,5%), SR represent 63 person (2,5%) , LDPR - 50 deputies (1,9%), other parties - 2 people (0,08%), "Patriots of Russia" - 1 people (0,04%).
Thus, in the Irkutsk region on the single voting day of 10 September 2017 of the total number of replaced mandates, and this is the 2 923 man, United Russia won the 1 844 election (63,1%), 591 man (20,2%) are self-nominated 360 mandates received the Communist Party (12,3%), 68 mandates (2,3%) - “Fair Russia”, 56 mandates (1,9%) from the Liberal Democratic Party, the 3 of the person are other parties (0,1%). All these figures vividly prove the convincing victory of United Russia in the past municipal elections in our region.
I want to note that we do not pursue only political success. So, the party "United Russia" did not nominate a candidate for rival to the mayor of Usolsky district, because it is a strong manager, a young and talented guy. We agreed that he is the most promising candidate for the post of mayor, if the population supports him, even though he is not a representative of our party.
And the fact that the Communist Party has achieved success in relation to its own positions is not surprising. Sergey Levchenko is a staunch man, and he did not resign his powers as the first secretary of the Irkutsk Regional Committee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation when he assumed the post of governor. Many voters in their choice are guided by the highest official, regardless of his party affiliation. Therefore, the election results are quite predictable.
- Is it difficult to head the Legislative Assembly to you, United Russia, when the governor of the region is a communist? Are there many differences on the basis of inter-party relations?
- I am convinced that it is not worthwhile to introduce the principle of partisanship in the work of state authorities. The population may suffer from this. The governor came to power by electing a party structure, but when he took office, he should not work for the party, but for the benefit of the inhabitants of the region.
And the healthy criticism of the governor from the side of the deputy corps is not based on party affiliation, but is based on his deeds and deeds as the highest official. There are indicative indicators of the state of the region, we look at the implementation of the budget, the implementation of the laws of the Irkutsk region, the efficiency of cash management, the timeliness of the delivery of social objects under construction and repaired. We exercise parliamentary control. And this function helps the executive to fulfill the obligations that it bears before the population of the region.
I was entrusted with the exercise of the powers to replace the state post of the chairman of the Legislative Assembly with people's representatives-representatives of all parties. And I do not have the moral right, building the relationship between the executive and legislative branches of power, guided by the principles of party spirit.
- The Fraternal Economic Forum took place not so long ago, how would you rate it as a platform to consider issues that largely determine the development of the north of the Irkutsk region in the coming years? Tell us more about this forum, what are its tasks and results?
- BEF, which took place 15-16 September, is undoubtedly of great importance for the Angara region, its task is to contribute to the economic development of the northern territories of our region.
The resource potential of Siberia has traditionally been viewed as a competitive advantage of the whole of Russia. Indeed, in the 60-80-ies of the last century the development of the northern territories was the most important state task throughout the country: the development of new gas, oil, ore and coal deposits; construction of BAM and creation of a network of regional airports; the construction of the largest hydroelectric power stations and the accelerated formation of the infrastructure of Siberian cities - all this was provided by huge state investments, a massive influx of population into large-scale construction projects, to work in fields and factories, in scientific institutions and universities. During this period of history, the development of the northern territories of the Irkutsk region was the largest.
We understand that the reserve of explored minerals created in the Soviet era will eventually be used up over time. As a consequence, in the next 15 years, the importance of Siberia as a source of raw materials, fuel and energy resources, can decrease.
Therefore, today we need to answer the most important question: what will we leave to future generations, what kind of interaction between government and business will ensure a decent life for them?
The policy of effective development, first of all, should support enterprises and organizations that are able to create an economy with new technologies that produce popular competitive products. It is these entrepreneurs who will determine in which directions the future economy will develop, and in the future they will be able to ensure industrial and food sustainability of the Angara region.
Therefore, our common task is to create conditions that stimulate the use of efficient and most modern technologies for the use of the natural resources of our native Irkutsk region. We need to form such a package of legislative acts, so to build cooperation between all branches of government and business in order to create a self-sufficient economy of an innovative nature that provides investment attractiveness and a comfortable habitat for its residents. Only then will the principle of Russia's overall development strategy be based on "Siberia", and first of all on the northern territories of our region, which, as is known, account for 61,9% of the total area of our region and 4% of the northern territories of the whole country.
- Member of the State Duma of the Russian Federation from the Irkutsk region Sergei Ten took part in the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok on the campus of the Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) on Russky Island and told local media about its main results. In your opinion, should there be a unification of efforts to raise Eastern Siberia and the Far East with common goals, programs and tasks, common indicators, or are they different macroregions and should everyone develop on their own?
- Russian managers in the pre-revolutionary period laid the principle of the development of the macroregion - Eastern Siberia and the Far East - as a whole.
Historically, this territory was ruled from Irkutsk: it was here that the headquarters of the East Siberian Governor-General, which included the seaside land, was located. In 1858, prominent politician Nikolai Muravyov, who headed the province, later received the title of Count of Amur, insisted on the conclusion of the Aigun Treaty demarcating the territories of Russia and China along the Amur River. In many ways, the uniting element then became the Trans-Siberian Railway, which firmly linked these regions economically. As a result, Vladivostok began to intensively develop as a port due to the large volume of freight. The same model was used in the Soviet period of active industrialization, transport interconnections strengthened the construction of BAM.
Today, the Far East is an independent and economically strong region. But Russia is a federal state, where the subjects are united by the Constitution, in order to achieve a common goal - the well-being of its citizens. Siberia and the Far East are historically, economically and mentally connected with each other.
We are united by the "umbilical cord" of the railway. To develop one part of the road, and the other not - that would be a mistake. Because if one of the parts is not developed, full growth and the other will not. We must understand that the Far East without the resources of Siberia will not be able to fully realize its potential.
Undoubtedly, pipeline transport is very important for our regions. This is one of the largest oil pipelines in Russia, "Eastern Siberia - Pacific Ocean", without which it is impossible to diversify energy export routes and solve a strategically important task - the integrated development of the regions of Siberia and the Far East. Of course, this is the most ambitious gas project "The Power of Siberia", which contributes to strengthening economic cooperation with the countries of the Asia-Pacific region, and, first of all, with our key partner - China.
Of course, each of the parts of this macro-region has its own specific features, its climatic conditions, resource and human factors. It is necessary to build a state policy in relation to our territories, taking into account the experience and achievements of previous generations, creating a single socio-economic space.
What do we have to do? It is necessary to create government programs that consider the macro-region Siberia and the Far East as a single powerful bridgehead of Russia in Asia, while taking into account the individual specifics of each region. For example, for Siberia, money is needed for the forest complex, exploration of deposits in the BAM area, breakthrough technologies, including digital ones.
We have all the resources for locating production in the region: cheap electricity, personnel, raw materials - all in order to make the widest range of various products that can be delivered to the countries of the Asia-Pacific region via existing transport corridors through the Far East. This gives grounds for the development of the Irkutsk region as a transport and logistics hub on the East-West route.
We need to develop Irkutsk as it historically is the center of Eastern Siberia, the center of decision-making. Create favorable conditions for the digital economy, build data centers, certify centers. They, in turn, will develop infrastructure, attracting all new companies tied up in this area, increasing the number of jobs and financial flows. Why here? Because in these technologies 70-80% of the cost of production is the cooling price of servers, and we have nine months of winter and low cost of electricity. In addition, for digital technologies it does not matter where the company is located geographically. Irkutsk is called the center of Eastern Siberia, and it may soon become them also due to the heyday of digital technologies.
- In the Far East, new state instruments are being developed to raise investment and business activity - TORA and the Free Port of Vladivostok. You also have a TOSER - in Usolye-Siberian from 2015 year. What are the results of working in TACER now - the number of residents, projects, attracted investments?
- While this promising direction has not yet received proper development. We, as the legislature, create favorable conditions, for example, legislatively fix tax incentives. In executive power, the task is more practical.
In general, the government should be ashamed - TOSER was opened, and there is no business until now. All because blurred responsibility. TOSER governor must be taken under personal control. We need to make the right management decisions.
Any budget consists of two parts - income and expense. The question of how to allocate finances is always acute for the government: it is necessary to build schools and renovate pools, and to celebrate the anniversary of the region, there will always be first-priority spending, everything is not enough. If you look closely, the task of the management structure of the Irkutsk region is precisely in the management of costs, this is largely enshrined in laws. And the task of working with income, earning - no.
We in the region need to create such a management system that would prioritize and form the region's revenues. In the executive branch there should be a person who is responsible for income. He should know the world economy, monetary credit policy, ideally - be a financial genius. Which, for example, could earn money for the Angara region on regional debt obligations, securities. He also must engage in investment. So far, we all say how to spend. And no one says how to make money.
The Legislative Assembly at the end of last year, when approving the budget, introduced an item under which all tenders must be held within a hundred days. This was done just to effectively manage the funds, is introduced as an element of financial control.
- Last summer, at the session of the Legislative Assembly, the question of the legality of the proposal put forward by the initiative group to hold a referendum on the return of direct elections of the mayor of Irkutsk was considered. As a result, the regional election commission issued a resolution refusing the initiative group to hold a referendum on the territory of the Irkutsk region. What will happen next if the residents of Irkutsk still want to choose a mayor by direct vote?
Then the restless group from the Communist Party decided to go on the other side - to initiate a regional referendum on the question: "Do you agree that in the Irkutsk region the law of the Irkutsk region was adopted, which provides for the election of the heads of all municipal districts of the Irkutsk region and the municipal districts of the Irkutsk region in municipal elections on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot? " However, in the Irkutsk region, apart from the regional center, the heads are already elected through direct elections. The Legislative Assembly refused to recognize the relevant legislation as such, and the Communists again went to court. And again they received a "turn from the gate." The regional court recognized the rightness of the deputies.
It would seem that the second court decision in favor of the regional parliament, it's time to calm down and tackle more pressing issues than the election of the mayor - after all, there is such in Irkutsk and quite copes with this work. But having included a fiery motor, the Communists went to the Supreme Court - to challenge now the decision of the regional court, thus, no less, demonstrating distrust of regional proceedings - and do it noisily and aggressively, without stinting on loud statements.
The whole chain of proceedings is more like an attempt not just to change the electoral order, but to create distrust in the society - to the legislative and judicial branches of power. And, not to individual representatives, but to the system as a whole. This, of course, is not a coup d'état, but definitely an attempt to undermine the foundations that have prevailed in the minds of citizens. Who should believe, if the deputies take the wrong laws, and the courts, including the Constitutional Court, take the wrong decisions. The general will be a summary - and we will not go any more to any election. And they will not. Here, as they say, the circle is closed. Citizens do not go to the polls - 2005% of voters did not come to polling stations in the elections of the mayor of Irkutsk in 71, 2010 - 66,5%. So what is the goal of a group of friends?
Do not the representatives of the Communist Party themselves need these elections in the first place? After all, if the mayor is elected from among the deputies of the Duma, it means that in order for the mayor to become a communist, it is necessary to hold the majority of his party members in the Duma. In such a success, the CPRF does not believe, but it is unlikely that it is possible. But one party member on the chair of the mayor with a grief in half can still be found and sent to direct elections, and there as a card will lie down.
In any dispute, you need to stop in time and comprehend the result, and not try to see behind the oily point set by one of the sides, an ellipsis.
- In one of your interviews you said that in addition to helping the executive power, you will also control the work of the executive power. What is this concrete manifestation and what are the results of this control?
- We really strengthened such a function of the representative body of the subject as “parliamentary control”. All past summer was devoted to parliamentary control of the construction and repair of social infrastructure. Deputies in their constituencies visited the sites and evaluated the progress of work. Schools, kindergartens, hospitals and health facilities are being built as part of the implementation of the orders of our voters, and we are not going to let things go to chance.
For example, starting this work and talking to people on the ground, we realized at the beginning of the year that allocating funds for building or overhauling schools is not enough, we must immediately provide for the budget for its equipment with furniture and modern equipment. That's what we did with the next correction of the financial document. Controlling the construction, came to the conclusion that it is necessary to change the system under which contractors under state contracts in the field are directly supervised by the principal or the head physician of the hospital. The heads of these institutions have other tasks, they are incompetent in construction and do not have the authority to influence negligent developers. And then ask them.
And there are a lot of such moments that can be seen on the spot, personally talking with people. There are small current tasks for which there are enough consultations, and systemic failures are revealed that are put on the appearance of the government of the region and included in the work plan of the relevant committees of the Legislative Assembly.
In the summer we adopted a bill that introduces this form of work as a "parliamentary inquiry" and strengthens the significance of the deputy's request. I think all this in aggregate will strengthen the effectiveness of regional authorities as a whole.
- In your opinion, what, in your opinion, is the rather complicated relationship between the governor of the region and the heads of the municipal formations of the region caused?
- Not all the institutions that were created by previous managers were correctly understood by the new government. Now we see a demonstration of voluntarism, which in the communist party of the Soviet period was pursued as an inefficient system. The executive branch decided to use the Regional Council of the Irkutsk region to "beat the boys", to force the mayors to report to the governor. But the heads of municipalities are not subordinate to the governor. The Council was created to develop consolidated decisions. We must be able to negotiate, we must look for conceptually new and mutually beneficial approaches that will affect the economic situation for the better. A war will lead to nothing.
- Please tell us about the work of the interdepartmental commission to ensure the implementation of the priority project "Urban Environment" in the region, within which the improvement of yards and public areas, as well as city parks will be carried out. What is the amount of allocated funds for this program and how effectively are they used?
- The Interdepartmental Commission was established to coordinate all work on the implementation of the priority project "Formation of a modern urban environment". It includes representatives of state authorities of the Irkutsk region, local self-government bodies (the Association of municipalities of the Irkutsk region), the political party "United Russia" and the All-Russian People's Front For Russia, representatives of public organizations, business associations, the chief federal inspector for the Irkutsk region. It is headed by the chairman of the regional government, deputies of the Legislative Assembly act as coordinators, mayors and public councils organize work on the ground.
This is a very interesting project, which was initiated by the faction of the United Russia party in the State Duma, it works for the whole of Russia, although many people are embarrassed to talk about it. This is a very powerful solution. From the federal budget only for the Irkutsk region an amount of 454 million rubles was received. 224 million rubles were allocated from the regional treasury, 95 million rubles from municipal funds. In this pilot year, the project is implemented in 15 cities, in the coming year their number will be much larger. The most important thing is that the local people themselves determine which places are subject to improvement. Deputies of the Legislative Assembly, members of the faction of the party "United Russia", control the work in their constituencies. And we already see the visual results of this project.
I also want to draw your attention to similar programs adopted at the regional level. We annually carry out nearly two thousand events under the "People's Initiatives" program. We have a program called "Voter orders", which was formed in 2013 year. All mayors and heads of municipalities who worked at that time know how much we worked on it. Today it is in operation, the program objects are annually included in the budget of the Irkutsk region. We are considering the possibility of doubling the funding for "People's Initiatives" to one billion rubles a year in the coming year.
- At a meeting of the presidium of the Association of municipalities of the Irkutsk region, it was announced that more than 6,7 billion rubles was the deficit of municipal budgets of the Irkutsk region for September-December 2017 of the year. The question of salaries, utility costs, financing other powers of local government. What actions will be taken by the legislative and executive authorities of the region to address the current situation?
"The resulting gap of more than six billion was difficult to predict. Tariffs have grown, new facilities have been commissioned in the territories, which now need to be supported and paid by staff.
However, we have a plus received in the regional treasury 11 billion rubles. First of all, this money should be sent to municipalities to balance local budgets. We intend to do this within the framework of the next adjustment of the regional budget of the current year, which is planned in late October or early November this year. We will also take into account this experience when planning the budget for 2018 year.
Another issue is that money should not only be given, but also controlled. Do a financial audit and understand what you really need to give. As already mentioned, the executive must work constructively with the mayors.
- What are the most important laws to be adopted by the Legislative Assembly of the Irkutsk region before the end of this year? And what laws would have to be adopted so that you could tell yourself that you had spent your time with advantage as head of the Legislative Assembly of the Irkutsk region?
- I would like to highlight the bill, which I mentioned above - "On Amending Certain Laws of the Irkutsk Region" and is intended to improve the forms of our control powers.
I also consider important the draft law, which we approved at the September session, "On monthly cash payments to certain categories of students in order to attract them for further work in medical organizations located on the territory of the Irkutsk region." The bill was initiated by the deputies of our parliament in the framework of consistent actions to address the shortage of medical personnel in the territories of the Angara region. The law establishes a scholarship for talented students of medical universities. Now they will receive from the regional treasury five thousand rubles, and young people who study medical specialties in the targeted areas - three thousand rubles a month. This practice is already applied in neighboring regions, which means that the Irkutsk region should not lag behind in the competition for future doctors.
In addition, the regional parliament intends to continue work on the strategy for socio-economic development of the Irkutsk region, calculated before 2030. The document was adopted in the first reading 15 February 2017-th - with the condition that it will be carefully finalized. Until the end of the year, it is expected to take this crucial issue to one of the sessions.
And, of course, the main task of the deputies together with the government is the formation of the regional budget for 2018 year and the planned period of 2019-2020. All deputies of the Legislative Assembly formulated and sent to the relevant committee on the budget proposals that must be taken into account when drafting the document. Based on these proposals, we have prepared an appeal to the governor of the region. I emphasize that we adhere to the principle of consistency when working on the main financial document, the regional budget of 2018 of the year and subsequent years will definitely retain its social orientation - as before, more than 70% of expenses are planned to be directed to the social sphere - education, health, culture, sports. The priority of our work remains all types of social support for the population, the execution of decrees of the President of the Russian Federation on wage increases for state employees, support for the development of mass sports, agriculture and small business.
In conclusion, I want to say: I do not spend time, I work. I replace the state post of Chairman of the Legislative Assembly by election from among the deputies. Like all deputies are responsible to their constituents, at the same time I carry out the functional duties of the head. I can note that it is from our convocation that the era of digital technologies begins, with reference to the deputy work. We became the first in the country for the openness and accessibility of information, having implemented the system of "Electronic Parliament". Every citizen can see how the draft laws are going, what laws are being adopted, and to find the necessary documents. The site of the Legislative Assembly of the Irkutsk region in 2017 was recognized as the best in the country among the sites of representative authorities of the subjects.
All that we do, we do for the welfare of the residents of the Irkutsk region. The effect of the laws that we adopt are visible on the indicative indicators of our region. Life puts everything in its place.