This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
The expensive soy protein purchased abroad can be obtained by producing food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products on its basis, and at home, for example - in the Amur Region
For several decades, soybeans have been a serious measure of prosperity in the international agricultural market. It is traded in foreign currency; almost all the new areas put into circulation are used just for it, and about the new queen of the fields, perhaps, poetry is not yet written. And here is another piece of news: recently a new variety of legumes, bred in the Amur region, received a gold medal in Moscow. We believe that it is a more than serious reason to get to know this culture better.
For a long time, the Amur Region has been the leader in soybean production in the country.
In addition, it is in the Amur capital - Blagoveshchensk - that the whole and only All-Russian Research Institute of Soybeans is located, where a new variety was bred under the romantic name "Evgenia".
- At the exhibition "Golden Autumn" in Moscow, we received 2 gold medals: for "Eugene" and for the catalog of varieties of legumes for producers, - says the acting director. Director of the Institute, Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor, as well as Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences Valentina Sinegovskaya, - of course, it's nice that our long and painstaking work has been rewarded.
The best of the best
According to the scientist, every year biologists transfer to the capital for variety testing from
- At the moment, the Eugenia variety has absorbed the best that we have: in addition to high yield, it has the ability to withstand low positive temperatures - instead of the usual +10, it develops quite normally at +4, - explains Valentina Sinegovskaya. - This means that it can be sown much earlier than others, and, accordingly, and harvested - this way the grains have less risk of getting frozen. For farms, this makes it possible to start work earlier - you can start to introduce the technique into sowing, about a month earlier - first sow this one, and then move on to other species.
Another difference between Eugenia and its bean counterparts is increased grain immunity - the new variety is resistant to root rot, and also has good branching and increased stem strength - according to agronomists, such a bush stands upright, does not break, and is very easy to remove.
- Well, he is handsome, - agrarians who saw the seeds agree with one voice, - light beans are a dream of any processing - they get white soy milk and soy petal.
The average yield is expected to be quite high for the new mid-season variety - 3,2 tons per hectare, with a potential of up to 3,5. In addition, it has already been entered into the state register in
“This year, we were the only ones in the region to receive the first 2 tons of Evgenia for breeding within the framework of the experiment,” says the director of JSC “Baikal” Sergei Tkachenko, “so far I can only say that we liked it with very large grain. And for the rest of the parameters it is not yet entirely clear - it takes years to "taste" the grain
By the way, biologists breed all Amur varieties by classical breeding methods - for example, hybridization of different varieties and species with wild soybeans (it is the most resistant) takes about
Taking this opportunity, we decided to ask the doctor of sciences a few topical questions:
- Are GMO products dangerous for humans?
- I can't say for sure: the fact is that changes are artificially introduced into the genome of soybeans, for example, they create a variety that is resistant to herbicides. Biochemical changes occur in it, due to which substances are produced in the leaves that withstand chemicals. In this case, this product will be dangerous for a person. these harmful substances will then pass into the beans. But to feel this harm, you need to eat this particular soy for several years. Agree, few people have such a diet. All these nuances are known to biologists - they give a conclusion whether it can be eaten or given to animals, or in general the testing of the variety should be stopped.
It is the purity of our soybeans that attracts foreigners - our product is highly valued in Japan, Korea, and, recently, in China, where, although they hide, a large amount of genetically modified soybeans. So the "classic" has proven its quality.
- What to do when fields with soybeans are along the roads - there is a danger of heavy metals?
- The plant does not grow for long and does not have time to absorb a large amount of carcinogens + the surface of soybean leaves absorbs very little gases from the air. In addition, the Rosselkhoznadzor should monitor this, and the fields should be covered with protective strips of trees.
- What promises to the region the appearance of such a variety?
- Each new variety allows Amur growers to increase yields by