This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"Mountain air" of Sakhalin
By 2017 year in the South-Sakhalin mountain-tourist complex "Mountain air" promise to build new mountain-skiing routes. 14 December experts presented to the Governor of Sakhalin Oblast Oleg Kozhemyako the development of the complex
According to various estimates, about 80 thousand people annually rest in the "Mountain Air", after the modernization of the resort, the number of tourists should increase to 600 thousand people per season.
On the project charts, the future Mountain Air looks impressive: new ski slopes, a hotel complex, atmospheric restaurants, SPA centers, and even a children's sports school. The main task set by the Acting Governor of the region back in May 2015 is to turn Mountain Air into an ultramodern tourist complex.
Then, on the instructions of Oleg Kozhemyako, a group of experts (representatives of the company that is developing the Rosa Khutor ski resort in Krasnaya Polyana) flew to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk and looked at the general status on the spot and assessed the development prospects.
- All the advantages that make the Sakhalin ski resort one of the most promising destinations for investors in the Far East are obvious. This is a relatively low ridge, a suitable level of snow, no avalanche threats, a sufficient number of sunny days in winter. Logistics is also essential - the airport (which will soon be reconstructed) is located in 15 20 minutes drive from the place of rest, - said Nikolay Shlentsov, Deputy General Director of the company, which developed the concept for the development of "Mountain Air".
Indeed, with relatively low - only 800-1000 m at sea level (almost 2,5 times less than those ridges of the Caucasus, on which the Olympic facilities are located) and gentle peaks of the mountain range in the "Mountain Air", skiers of different levels will comfortably rest and ski: from beginners to the so-called upper- middle.
On the territory of the complex, the existing hotel complexes will be reconstructed, as well as new ones will be erected, which will become the visiting card of the resort. According to Nikolai Shlentsov, such a "business card" can be, for example, an atmospheric hotel or a restaurant on the upper platform of the complex, from which a beautiful view will open.
Experts propose to split the project into three stages. The first one involves the reanimation of those sites that already exist in the "Mountain Air" and the construction of new routes. In the next two years, the total length of the slopes will increase by 21 kilometers.
The second stage of the development of the complex is the construction and development of a mountain village in the area of the Elanka River.
- We are planning to go down to the valley and build the first downhill complex, which we now call the "mountain village", - says the chief architect of "Rosa Khutor" Oleg Tolkachev, - Now, when skiers ride and rest, they still see the city, get into the ski base at the city. But, we propose to build a complex in the valley, in the area of the Elanka River, so that vacationers are not near the city, but in the bosom of nature.
At the third stage, experts suggest starting construction of the Vestochka valley complex and the Chekhov Peak ski cluster.
- It is planned to build modern hotels, a group of chalets for family holidays, atmospheric restaurants, spa centers. New ski slopes will be equipped with a sufficient number of lifts, access roads and parking lots will be equipped nearby, the developers specified.
As for the accessibility of the resort for tourists, then, according to the director of the "Mountain Air" complex Andrey Ageenko, there is nothing to worry about:
- In connection with the development of the complex, prices will be market prices and certainly not "high". Naturally, if there is demand, then prices will slowly rise. In general, since we are supported by the budget of the Sakhalin Oblast, our pricing is socially oriented. Moreover, even today's prices do not provide us with full payback. Yes, let's say an air flight will cost skiers a lot, but everything else here is much cheaper than in other regions.
The flow of tourists to the "Mountain Air" is predicted by the sales director of the hipclub travel agency Natalya Osipova:
- I think skiers will soon be happy to fly there. Of course, the level of hotels and service in the entire complex must be improved. I was there recently and now I understand - I want to go back. Yes, the prices for the flight are not the smallest, but the distance that must be covered to fly from Moscow to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is quite large. Now flights abroad have risen in price, therefore, I am sure that the price for the plane will not frighten tourists.
Despite such an ambitious project, both the Governor of the Sakhalin Region Oleg Kozhemyako and the designers came to a common opinion - they will build gradually. And all the works of the "second" and "third" stage will depend on how popular the resort will be after the first objects start working.
- We plan that from next year the complex will be modernized within the framework of the advanced development area. And this will allow us to offer a whole package of economic preferences for investors, - stressed Oleg Kozhemyako, - The concept is interesting, but it must be submitted for public discussion. This can be done using Internet sites.