Kamchatka All Year Round
Kamchatka holidays. It is a new mountain snowmobile school ride in Kamchatka. It is managed by the tour company Olfi Tour. I’ve been in Kamchatka
- Olga, you could tell us about your school; do you have any competitors?
- We work in active tourism. Our school is the only such establishment in the Russian Far East. There are others but they are in Murmansk, Sochi and Siberia. Others are more experienced fans of active recreation. They ride snowmobiles in the summer and autumn. There are levels of experience in the field of study, The training takes three days. Alongside riding training, there is a course of avalanche-management training. Also, students are taught about the snowmobiles themselves. For days and then ride - both for tourists and newbies.
- How much demand is there for such tours in Kamchatka?
- The demand is growing. Sometimes, people get tired in winter, they seek out drive and adrenalin. They tend to tend to unite people. Kamchatka as well as on quadbikes. And try something new. Last year, we had more people come through our doors. There are newbies. Our customers come from all over: there are locals, tourists from Sakhalin, the Khabarovsk and Primorye Territories, Siberian cities and even further afield. We get foreigners as well; I can’t go to Kamchatka. It’s been a different geography.
- What areas are particularly popular among tourists?
- Everyone is the best ocean view. This is our most popular destination. It is truly, immensely beautiful; the Pacific Ocean amazes everyone. It is a summer season. In winter, it is possible to ride up the volcano slope on a snowmobile. Summer and autumn are the time for quadbikes. For those who find helicopter rides around Kamchatka too expensive, they are a great alternative. The trips to the volcanoes, the rivers, and the Kamchatkan tundra. So you’re eco-tourism, therefore, you don’t Instead, you can enjoy communing with nature. But still we have more tourists in winter.
- Tell us more about your fleet of vehicles.
- We have X-NUMX snowmobiles. We take a maximum of eight. Not take more than two groups. We have both mountain snowmobiles and all-purpose ones - for amateurs. We’re working hard to have the most up-to-date equipment all the time. Every year, people ride new models. Sometimes, you can go there for a ride. We have eight quadbikes, all of them arrived this year.
- Active recreation involves tourists' safety. How do you view this matter?
- Safety is paramount. If you are on the field. We have an in-house instructor who, as I have already mentioned, reads up on avalanche survival. He attends international courses, continues to study. It is a snowmobile until we make sure that it can be done. But there is a problem with the equipment. We explain what needs to be taken; if they lack something, we help get the gear gear here. It is simpler with quadbikes; you need less gear and equipment. The most important things are the helmet and comfortable boots.
- In your opinion, in Kamchatka?
- In fact, the prospects are great. Can you visit. In the past three years, we have felt an increase in tourists. It is pleasing to the pacific coastline.
- What are the conditions of tourism on the peninsula?
- If you’re developing faster. But they need help, some programs, help with a business plan, an investment fund. I don’t want to know how to develop it. But no investors. They choose a investor. Again, tourist needs to be regulated; it is great that there are more organized groups. Foreign tourists have become more organized as well. Kamchatka. People themselves are more aware now; jeep tour anymore.